Sporda's Great Idea (Spoilers but really who cares?)

#11HidatsuPosted 1/30/2013 6:24:49 PM(edited)
You thought THAT plan was bad?

"Eva, honey, I swear! Mundus won't find us in this gigantic mansion in the city he resides in, in the world he controls.

And don't worry, go to the park with the kids, spray paint pictures of us, our sons, heck even the swords I've left them in the will. Oh, and don't worry, Mundus can't see you even though you're two blocks away from his building from which he can watch the entire city. Promise, we'll be juuuust fine."

"SPARDA! SPARDA! THEY FOUND US!"

"Well ****."
---
"What's wrong? It looks like you swallowed a bug. Oh wait. You always look like that." -Jade, Tales of the Abyss.
PSN ID: Amarix
#12DJ_0000Posted 1/30/2013 6:25:07 PM(edited)
fifinambo posted...

Hmm, let them be in certain peril for the rest of their lives that will obviously stress them out to the point they probably will not make friends anyway or have them live safely somewhere albeit alone...

Choices choices...

Freedom. It is worth struggle, he gave them every chance to live normal lives and it didn't work out. Like I said mistakes happen.

Would you rather he leave two small boys in the middle of a deserted island with no one to look after them? That would be idiotic beyond measure, they would die within a month of running out of supplies.
#13revanninjaPosted 1/30/2013 6:25:29 PM
Hidatsu posted...

"Eva, honey, I swear! Mundus won't find us in this gigantic mansion in the city he resides in, in the world he controls.

And don't worry, go to the park with the kids, spray paint pictures of us, our sons, heck even the swords I've left them in the will. Oh, and don't worry, Mundus can't see you even though you're two blocks away and he can watch the entire city. Promise."

"Well ****."

When did that EVER get pinned on Sparda? Answer it didnt so stop giving it to him because that was story telling of the most fragent order?
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant
#14DJ_0000Posted 1/30/2013 6:32:18 PM
Hidatsu posted...

And don't worry, go to the park with the kids, spray paint pictures of us, our sons, heck even the swords I've left them in the will. Oh, and don't worry, Mundus can't see you even though you're two blocks away from his building from which he can watch the entire city. Promise, we'll be juuuust fine."

"Well ****."

You seriously don't understand that the graffiti was simply an interesting visual way of delivering the story to the player? You really think it's canon that Sparda spent a day painting all of that on the walls so Vergil could tell the story 15 years later?

I weep for mankind if this is the caliber of intelligence we are producing at this point.
#15Pesmerga255Posted 1/30/2013 6:33:08 PM
I weep for mankind if this is the caliber of intelligence we are producing at this point.

That's what I think whenever I see Tameem's name.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#16fifinambo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:42:11 PM
DJ_0000 posted...
fifinambo posted...

Hmm, let them be in certain peril for the rest of their lives that will obviously stress them out to the point they probably will not make friends anyway or have them live safely somewhere albeit alone...

Choices choices...

Freedom. It is worth struggle, he gave them every chance to live normal lives and it didn't work out. Like I said mistakes happen.

Would you rather he leave two small boys in the middle of a deserted island with no one to look after them? That would be idiotic beyond measure, they would die within a month of running out of supplies.

There's more than one way to do things like that. You can plan an attack from overseas to gain yours and others freedom but to be sitting ducks with your family in a city that your biggest enemy controls is just...stupid.
---
Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.
#17revanninjaPosted 1/30/2013 6:46:09 PM
Okay first the plan was this Meet Eva have wild passion filled baby making tango. Go off and have a family the end.

Mundus on the otherhand at some point become convinced that a Nephilim would kill him so Sparda having a Nephilim child was basically treason as far as Mundus was concerned.

Sparda and Eva had a couple of good years then Mundus found them. He killed Eva which sent Sparda's plan off the rails.

Sparda knowing he has little time takes Vergil and dante to an Orphanage he seals their memory and gives them the swords to act as their weapons. He then heads off to act as bait for Mundus's forces.

The Boys now have years to grow up unhunted by Mundus. Dante is attacked by a demon running the orphanage which causes him to flee and eventually to fight demons.

Mundus is aware that Sparda had a child but not that he had twins. So when he finds Dante he thinks thats it.

Considering its a seat of the pants deal it worked pretty well.

Now lets look at DMC sparda's plan

He fights and seals both Mundus and the Hellgate. He uses his blood the necklace and a priestess blood as the key for it. He then Places a seal on the tower to force it away.

He has kids with eva and eventually dies.

Did he leave the blades for Dante and Vergil dont know all we do know is that Eva died shortly after giving them the Necklaces.

They grow up hunted by demons with no known home or protection.

Vergil with Arkaham unseal the tower and over DMC3 open the hellgate.

Okay that was it.....No back up plan no protection for the people once that seal was gone that was it.

Yeah good plan.

Also DmC Sparda was up aganist an immortal Mundus since we are told often that you cant hurt Mundus while the hellgate was open. He had no chance to win for all we know the fight could have been just as epic as Mundus and Sparda DMC fight but just tipped in Mundus's favor due to the hellgate.
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant
#18DJ_0000Posted 1/30/2013 6:51:02 PM
fifinambo posted...

There's more than one way to do things like that. You can plan an attack from overseas to gain yours and others freedom but to be sitting ducks with your family in a city that your biggest enemy controls is just...stupid.

Well he was trying to keep it a secret so absconding from his duty with Mundus would probably throw up a pretty big red flag wouldn't it? Also, I assume when Mundus found out he didn't tell Sparda about it and give him time to run away. I'd imagine the first Sparda knew about it was when Mundus was ripping Eva's heart out of her chest, not a lot of time to plan at that point.