Copies sold: DMC franchise = 10~ million. God of War franchise = 21~ million.

#131GamenamebullyPosted 1/31/2013 5:53:06 AM
Fear-My-Wrath posted...
How sad that you determine a game's quality by the amount of copies it has sold. You essentially admit that you can't form your own educated opinion on the game, but instead let sales dictate your opinion.

The sad thing is that a majority of people seem to determine the quality of a game by the sales.

I can say that the DMC franchise and GOW franchise are both good series but to dictate which one is better just by their sales show you can't do research or at least, realize that sales do not show quality of a game.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#132wheepitupPosted 1/31/2013 6:09:53 AM
Anyone who can say Godhand sucks has zero taste in games.
---
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
#133Guy_SacaenPosted 1/31/2013 6:14:08 AM
What about the part where I don't care? :P I respect both games, but DMC is definitely more fun. Also, more numbers doesn't mean it's better.

Let's do a comparitive example:

Justin Bieber has sold over 32M albums. It must make him the better between him and other artists, right?
#134SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 6:35:35 AM
TheBestGman2007 posted...
tehXdemiXazn posted...
Yeah I have to agree on this one. Gamer taste right now is at an all-time low in my opinion. I can remember the days before COD was what video games meant.

I've got to disagree here. I'm no cod fan, but at least I can appriciate everything it's (and games like it) have done for the industry. Gaming is a billion dollar industry now, and that's saying something considering pre-"cod days," gaming was very much an "expanded niche market." Nowadays games like CoD are drawing in billions at launch, that helps expand the industry further. Lemme use an example, before 2009 (MW2) how many celebs endorsed games? I can't think of any, yet now we have Mr. T and Kobe Bryant appearing in gaming adverts. Gamer taste isn't an lower than it was years ago, the market has had to adjust for a wider demographic of players.

That's what it's about, I don't see what's wrong with making games more accessible so more people can enjoy them. For all the heat you give "casuals" (and that's quoted because I don't see it as an insult), I don't see any of them giving 0/10's on metacritic. Casuals are the ones who are responsible for universilizing(?) gaming culture. Let's face casuals buy more games...

So no, I don't think gamings gotten worse. Much like every industry that came before it (television, cinema) it's had to make adjustments to a wider audience, the larger it gets.

This sums it up.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#135SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 6:49:05 AM
Let me explain everything to the dumb-dumbs that still haven't got the meaning of the original post.

By Antis Logic, DMC4 sold better than DmC (as far as we know) BECAUSE it's a better game than DmC. FOLLOWING that logic, we could say that a similar hack n' slash game, like God of War, is the better game, as it was of the same genre and it sold more in less time. GoW franchise the same number of games the DMC franchise has and had its original release in the same game generation for the same console AND was bundled with PS2s and PS3s just like DMC3 (PS2) and DMC4 (PS3).

Their excuse for GoW selling more than DMC? "GoW is more casual, while DMC is harder and a niche game". FOLLOWING that logic once again, you have to either say DMC4 is more casual than DmC or that...........Wait for it............

SALES DON'T MEAN A GAME IS BETTER! TA DAAAAA!!!

Which would mean that intelligent people wouldn't use the number of copies sold as an excuse to point out if DmC is better or worse than DMC4.

Get it now? It's really simple, folks. Basic logic exercise.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#136Ink-RibbonPosted 1/31/2013 6:52:40 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
Let me explain everything to the dumb-dumbs that still haven't got the meaning of the original post.

By Antis Logic, DMC4 sold better than DmC (as far as we know) BECAUSE it's a better game than DmC. FOLLOWING that logic, we could say that a similar hack n' slash game, like God of War, is the better game, as it was of the same genre and it sold more in less time. GoW franchise the same number of games the DMC franchise has and had its original release in the same game generation for the same console AND was bundled with PS2s and PS3s just like DMC3 (PS2) and DMC4 (PS3).

Their excuse for GoW selling more than DMC? "GoW is more casual, while DMC is harder and a niche game". FOLLOWING that logic once again, you have to either say DMC4 is more casual than DmC or that...........Wait for it............

Which would mean that intelligent people wouldn't use the number of copies sold as an excuse to point out if DmC is better or worse than DMC4.

Seriously, friend? Antis and logic are 2 words that don't mix together...

You're talking either to deaf people or white walls. Give up, lol.

DMC 3 was a fiasco regarding sales. It was well received, but it sold even less than DMC 2. Capcom could have already killed the series right there, but they went ahead with DMC 4.

There will be a DmC 2 and I can't wait to see antis reactions, lol. This board is gonna be hell as soon as Capcom confirms DmC 2.
#137SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:07:04 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
SHMYazoo posted...

Seriously, friend? Antis and logic are 2 words that don't mix together...

You're talking either to deaf people or white walls. Give up, lol.

DMC 3 was a fiasco regarding sales. It was well received, but it sold even less than DMC 2. Capcom could have already killed the series right there, but they went ahead with DMC 4.

There will be a DmC 2 and I can't wait to see antis reactions, lol. This board is gonna be hell as soon as Capcom confirms DmC 2.

Exactly. It's like they conveniently forget how "good" the DMC3 sales were. Capcom tried to release a Special Edition of it in hopes it would finally sell what it should have, to reflect its production costs and overall quality.

There'll be a DmC2 for two reasons. Capcom knows the first entry in a reboot of a series usually SELLS ABSURDLY MORE than previous entries or that it'll have absurd amounts of backlash because of change and that a second entry would mean most of the backlash would also back down, as people would be more willing to accept the redesign that wouldn't be new this time.

They didn't know where to go with the story of the old DMC lore after DMC3 and THAT was pretty clear with DMC4. Dante was tacked on in it, they tried to establish Nero as the new face of the franchise...

There's better chance of a DmC2, or ANOTHER reboot, or the series going on a hiatus than a DMC5.

Do you know what other series had a reboot that didn't sell as well (and for that one we have numbers) as they hoped for? Star Trek. Yet, did they go back to the original lore? No, they kept with it and now there's practically no backlash towards the new movie that'll be out this year.
---
#138Darth_ElusivePosted 1/31/2013 7:08:24 AM
I love both series although I love DMC a bit more.

As a PS3 owner, I am glad to see one of Sony's own game gains popularity over the competition. Hopefully, Sony can learn something and make its other games more popular too.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5
#139liquidleonx3Posted 1/31/2013 7:45:24 AM
So TC was/is probably a Pro and since DmC failed to out-DMC the original Devil May Cry series, he turns to another franchise to soothe his wounds and or ego. Hence him flaunting God of War's sales to people.

Kinda like when a guy dumps a crazy girlfriend and then she gets herself another guy but keeps calling her ex to tell him how much better the new guy is than him but all he wants is for her to shut the **** up and leave him alone.
---
{-Official Eight Gates Lee of Everywhere}
I'm waiting for IGN's review. I grew up with it so they're the only reviewers I trust. - HappyUnicorn101
#140SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:47:57 AM
liquidleonx3 posted...
So TC was/is probably a Pro and since DmC failed to out-DMC the original Devil May Cry series, he turns to another franchise to soothe his wounds and or ego. Hence him flaunting God of War's sales to people.

Kinda like when a guy dumps a crazy girlfriend and then she gets herself another guy but keeps calling her ex to tell him how much better the new guy is than him but all he wants is for her to shut the **** up and leave him alone.

So you are probably an Anti that's mad because you've seen the stupidity of the logic you apply to something you desperately hate.
---