Copies sold: DMC franchise = 10~ million. God of War franchise = 21~ million.

#141MKD88Posted 1/31/2013 6:53:04 AM
I've played all GoW games and all DMC games except for this newest one. In my opinion, gameplay wise, DMC kills GoW. However, GoW is better story wise. Overall I prefer DMC over GoW. GoW gets boring from time to time.
---
PSN ID: MKD88
#142liquidleonx3Posted 1/31/2013 6:55:31 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
liquidleonx3 posted...
So TC was/is probably a Pro and since DmC failed to out-DMC the original Devil May Cry series, he turns to another franchise to soothe his wounds and or ego. Hence him flaunting God of War's sales to people.

Kinda like when a guy dumps a crazy girlfriend and then she gets herself another guy but keeps calling her ex to tell him how much better the new guy is than him but all he wants is for her to shut the **** up and leave him alone.

So you are probably an Anti that's mad because you've seen the stupidity of the logic you apply to something you desperately hate.

I'm not pro or an anti. I just assumed you were pro since you felt the need to use another franchise's sales to attack DMC. If that's not the case then what the hell are you doing here? Go to the GoW boards and rejoice about how great it is over there because while you'll have your 15 minutes of fame with this topic, I can assure you no one gives two ***** about GoW sales in this board.
---
{-Official Eight Gates Lee of Everywhere}
I'm waiting for IGN's review. I grew up with it so they're the only reviewers I trust. - HappyUnicorn101
#143SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:01:00 AM
liquidleonx3 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
liquidleonx3 posted...
So TC was/is probably a Pro and since DmC failed to out-DMC the original Devil May Cry series, he turns to another franchise to soothe his wounds and or ego. Hence him flaunting God of War's sales to people.

Kinda like when a guy dumps a crazy girlfriend and then she gets herself another guy but keeps calling her ex to tell him how much better the new guy is than him but all he wants is for her to shut the **** up and leave him alone.

So you are probably an Anti that's mad because you've seen the stupidity of the logic you apply to something you desperately hate.

I'm not pro or an anti. I just assumed you were pro since you felt the need to use another franchise's sales to attack DMC. If that's not the case then what the hell are you doing here? Go to the GoW boards and rejoice about how great it is over there because while you'll have your 15 minutes of fame with this topic, I can assure you no one gives two ***** about GoW sales in this board.

Maybe you should check the logic I'm attacking with this topic. It was posted one or two pages before this one. It's not that hard to figure out, really.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#144megamaticsPosted 1/31/2013 7:02:16 AM
...Yeah but I don't care about god of war. God of war is also a brand exclusive much like Zelda and Gears of War. Those games are supposed to do high numbers...also DMC has always been a niche market title with a rather large following for one, God of war is a highly marketed Juggernaut with lots of media presence.

You can't compare the two.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#145megamaticsPosted 1/31/2013 7:04:52 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
They both have 5 games so far. Two of the God of War games were PSP games. Also, God of War is a Sony exclusive.

So much for your hardcore game experience being better and selling so much, huh? Why didn't DMC4 sell as much as God of War 3 as it was multiplatform and so good , following your logic?

Guess they should simplify it even more and make it like GoW, maybe one day they'll get God of War numbers. Face it, you "hardcore" people are just the entitled ugly cousin in the room. Accessibility is the way of the future and you know it. You're a relic of the past.

BUT BUT BUT MUH DIFFICULTY MUH CHALLENGE

After reading it again and not skimming like I do with long winded posts...Now my brain hurts.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#146liquidleonx3Posted 1/31/2013 7:12:12 AM(edited)
SHMYazoo posted...
liquidleonx3 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
liquidleonx3 posted...

Maybe you should check the logic I'm attacking with this topic. It was posted one or two pages before this one. It's not that hard to figure out, really.

GoW sells more because of its casual nature. There always tends to be much more casual gamers than "harcore' gamers. So of course it going to sell better than DMC. Multiplatform or not. I know a lot more people in life that know who Kratos is than those who know Dante. Still doesn't make GoW a better game than DMC3 or 4. Just means that there's more casuals than people out to play a challenging game.
---
{-Official Eight Gates Lee of Everywhere}
I'm waiting for IGN's review. I grew up with it so they're the only reviewers I trust. - HappyUnicorn101
#147KobraXZPosted 1/31/2013 7:09:45 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
They both have 5 games so far. Two of the God of War games were PSP games. Also, God of War is a Sony exclusive.

So much for your hardcore game experience being better and selling so much, huh? Why didn't DMC4 sell as much as God of War 3 as it was multiplatform and so good, following your logic?

Guess they should simplify it even more and make it like GoW, maybe one day they'll get God of War numbers. Face it, you "hardcore" people are just the entitled ugly cousin in the room. Accessibility is the way of the future and you know it. You're a relic of the past.

BUT BUT BUT MUH DIFFICULTY MUH CHALLENGE

I found this amusing. 15 pages later I pity you TC. You're trying way too hard.
#148SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:13:42 AM
Here's the message for you, in case you're wondering:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/65326540/733014911

But of course, I don't expect people to actually read or work with logic in gamefaqs, so suit yourself.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#149gokuKOGPosted 1/31/2013 7:17:41 AM
SHYMYazoo we know you are one of the SONY employees that just intruded these boards. You dont have to work so hard to prove it.
---
I...WON'T LET YOU...GET AWAY...WITH THISSSSS.........
#150SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:19:10 AM(edited)
gokuKOG posted...
SHYMYazoo we know you are one of the SONY employees that just intruded these boards. You dont have to work so hard to prove it.

Damn, I didn't think it was that obvious. I'm sorry. You know, we're having to work on our viral marketing, as GoW: Ascension is close.
---