Copies sold: DMC franchise = 10~ million. God of War franchise = 21~ million.

#151liquidleonx3Posted 1/31/2013 8:19:18 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
Here's the message for you, in case you're wondering:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/65326540/733014911

But of course, I don't expect people to actually read or work with logic in gamefaqs, so suit yourself.

We don't need sales figures to know that DMC4 is a better game than DmC. Anyone with with good taste would figure that out the minute they played them back to back. DmC was inferior to the original franchise AND sold poorly. Its over.
---
{-Official Eight Gates Lee of Everywhere}
I'm waiting for IGN's review. I grew up with it so they're the only reviewers I trust. - HappyUnicorn101
#152GamenamebullyPosted 1/31/2013 8:20:19 AM
liquidleonx3 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...

But of course, I don't expect people to actually read or work with logic in gamefaqs, so suit yourself.

We don't need sales figures to know that DMC4 is a better game than DmC. Anyone with with good taste would figure that out the minute they played them back to back. DmC was inferior to the original franchise AND sold poorly. Its over.

While the sales may be a fact it's all about personal opinion. Some people may like the entire franchise but may think DmC is their favorite out of all five games.

What happened to respecting personal opinions these days?
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#153gokuKOGPosted 1/31/2013 8:20:43 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
gokuKOG posted...
SHYMYazoo we know you are one of the SONY employees that just intruded these boards. You dont have to work so hard to prove it.

Damn, I didn't think it was that obvious. I'm sorry. You know, we're having to work on our viral marketing, as GoW: Ascension is close.

See like I said before....INTRUDER ALERT INTRUDER ALERT.
---
I...WON'T LET YOU...GET AWAY...WITH THISSSSS.........
#154liquidleonx3Posted 1/31/2013 8:30:14 AM
Gamenamebully posted...
liquidleonx3 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...

While the sales may be a fact it's all about personal opinion. Some people may like the entire franchise but may think DmC is their favorite out of all five games.

What happened to respecting personal opinions these days?

Yeah my bad that was me being an ass. I suppose It DOES come down to personal preference and not "good" or "bad" taste. Personally I just though DMC3 and 4 were better games because they gave me a greater challenge. I found DmC a little too easy for me. Then there's the issue with Donte and Tameem. Its a mess.
---
{-Official Eight Gates Lee of Everywhere}
I'm waiting for IGN's review. I grew up with it so they're the only reviewers I trust. - HappyUnicorn101
#155mahroflcopterPosted 1/31/2013 8:38:33 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
Let me explain everything to the dumb-dumbs that still haven't got the meaning of the original post.

By Antis Logic, DMC4 sold better than DmC (as far as we know) BECAUSE it's a better game than DmC. FOLLOWING that logic, we could say that a similar hack n' slash game, like God of War, is the better game, as it was of the same genre and it sold more in less time. GoW franchise the same number of games the DMC franchise has and had its original release in the same game generation for the same console AND was bundled with PS2s and PS3s just like DMC3 (PS2) and DMC4 (PS3).

Their excuse for GoW selling more than DMC? "GoW is more casual, while DMC is harder and a niche game". FOLLOWING that logic once again, you have to either say DMC4 is more casual than DmC or that...........Wait for it............

SALES DON'T MEAN A GAME IS BETTER! TA DAAAAA!!!

Which would mean that intelligent people wouldn't use the number of copies sold as an excuse to point out if DmC is better or worse than DMC4.

Get it now? It's really simple, folks. Basic logic exercise.

That isn't the argument "antis" are making. They've always maintained that Devil May Cry 1, 3, and 4 were better and will always be better. What people are arguing is that DmC is a failure because the entire goal of rebooting it was to massively increase sales . DmC has thus far failed miserably at this goal as it did less that Devil May Cry 1 and 4 at the very least first week and probably worse than Devil May Cry 2 first week and has consistently undersold DMC 4. Second week sales are even more grim as it is dropping like a rock on the charts in several areas (UK and Japan are confirmed to have a 60%+ and a 70%+ drop respectively and sales in the US are expected to drop as much as 70% to 80%). Unless if this game levels out soon in terms of sales, it might not even reach 1.5 million sales at this point (which would be 500,000 under the minimum Capcom wanted and 1,200,000 under what DMC 4 sold).

So the argument isn't "Devil May Cry 4 is better because it sold more", the argument is "DmC is a failure since it is much selling less than Devil May Cry 4, quite a bit less than Devil May Cry, still a bit less than Devil May Cry 2, and is on track with only matching Devil May Cry 3 (aka lowest of the franchise) sales despite the fact that the whole point of the reboot was to increase sales". And unless the US sales really stabilize this week or next (aka less that 40% drop from week to week), this argument holds water.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#156DarkAdonis123Posted 1/31/2013 8:41:54 AM
You guys are trying to explain away GOW's numbers with "Casuals are gonna casual"? Seriously? Just know that your idiotic excuses are your own and you do not speak for us DMC fans as a whole.

GOW has been critically and financially successful. Deal with it. Stop trying to latch on to petty things in an attempt to make yourselves feel better about it out performing DMC.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#157Rising_shadowPosted 1/31/2013 8:46:11 AM
GoW is a game made to appeal to casuals. The focus is on gigantic set pieces, bombastic characters and epic fights with giant beasts and enemies. Unfortunately, there's no inkling of decent gameplay anywhere and the game is pathetically easy. That's why it's a casual game. It's all flash beneath that seeming veneer of hardcore goreplay but there's little substance in the meat that appeals to non casuals.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#158MalkyeaImbakPosted 1/31/2013 9:11:42 AM
God of War is simply better than the DMC/DmC series (Of course I say this due to sales it's safe to majority of the population of gamers prefer GoW rather than DmC. It may have to do with the gore, the story, gameplay etc)

I know not all gamers will like GoW more but majority do and DMC is just as casual friendly as GoW so stop with that.