Copies sold: DMC franchise = 10~ million. God of War franchise = 21~ million.

#21dwarfkickerPosted 1/30/2013 7:37:47 PM
You're right Yazoo. Easier and dumbed down is the way to go. That's why DmC has managed to sell more than DMC4 right? Right?
---
Stupidity is a disease that is only cured with a bullet to the head...or an education
#22SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:37:57 PM
It's simple Anti logic I'm using guys.

Anti logic:

DMC4 sold more than DmC, THEREFORE DMC4 is better than DmC.

If selling more makes DMC4 much better than DmC, THEN the God of War franchise is better than DMC franchise, as they're of the same genre and have similar gameplay structure.

See?

It's not hard. Once you stopped raging you'll see it too.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#23megaultrarice34Posted 1/30/2013 7:38:51 PM
Mario is the best game ever.
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#24sworderPosted 1/30/2013 7:39:09 PM
SHMYazoo posted...

So comparing sequels = comparing different games?

If you weren't so butthurt you would at least be able to rationalize posts before making them
#25SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:39:29 PM
dwarfkicker posted...
You're right Yazoo. Easier and dumbed down is the way to go. That's why DmC has managed to sell more than DMC4 right? Right?

Again, it's simple. If DMC4 is better since it sold more, like you guys say, then the God of War franchise is even better. Maybe they should try a God of War approach next time. Why do we need an oppressive Style System that only makes you feel bad when you fall to a D? Be gone with it!
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#26Rising_shadowPosted 1/30/2013 7:40:09 PM
You're not even trying anymore, buddy.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#27dwarfkickerPosted 1/30/2013 7:42:25 PM(edited)
If selling more makes DMC4 much better than DmC, THEN the God of War franchise is better than DMC franchise, as they're of the same genre and have similar gameplay structure.

Ah but I didn't compare either to GoW. I compared one game in the series to another game in the same series. What I said holds water. But you're welcome to twist my words in whichever way you see fit to suit your argument.
---
Stupidity is a disease that is only cured with a bullet to the head...or an education
#28dwarfkickerPosted 1/30/2013 7:41:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#29SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:42:25 PM
sworder posted...
SHMYazoo posted...

So comparing sequels = comparing different games?

If you weren't so butthurt you would at least be able to rationalize posts before making them

We're comparing Hack N' Slash games that started during the same era and have the same amount of games and have a similar gameplay structure. One went with the casual audience and one went with the "hardcore" audience. Guess which one is the most successful one?

If you're trying to judge what's the better DMC game by how many copies it has sold over DmC, than the logic would apply to other games of the same genre, right? I mean, I'm not trying to make some goofy comparison with Angry Birds or something, they're actually very similar series.
---
#30sjwho2Posted 1/30/2013 7:43:07 PM
Good for GoW?

Point is kind of irrelevant since both are great games.