Copies sold: DMC franchise = 10~ million. God of War franchise = 21~ million.

#31dwarfkickerPosted 1/30/2013 7:43:58 PM
sjwho2 posted...
Good for GoW?

Point is kind of irrelevant since both are great games.

Truth.
---
Stupidity is a disease that is only cured with a bullet to the head...or an education
#32Pesmerga255Posted 1/30/2013 7:44:02 PM
If you're trying to judge what's the better DMC game by how many copies it has sold over DmC

I judge the DMC games on their gameplay, DmC fails hard at that.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#33sworderPosted 1/30/2013 7:44:17 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
We're comparing Hack N' Slash games that started during the same era and have the same amount of games and have a similar gameplay structure. One went with the casual audience and one went with the "hardcore" audience. Guess which one is the most successful one?

If you're trying to judge what's the better DMC game by how many copies it has sold over DmC, than the logic would apply to other games of the same genre, right? I mean, I'm not trying to make some goofy comparison with Angry Birds or something, they're actually very similar series.

Who cares? Why compare them in the first place?

Then God of War > DMC > DmC

DmC is STILL in last place, it still sucks. DMC is better than DmC no matter how many games are better than DMC. That's the point.
#34youshallbeasgodPosted 1/30/2013 7:44:20 PM
Don't blame the game if you're not SSSmoking SSSick SSStylish, TC.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#35SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:44:31 PM
God of War is an exclusive title on top of all that. DMC, are you even trying?
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#36SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:46:06 PM
sworder posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
We're comparing Hack N' Slash games that started during the same era and have the same amount of games and have a similar gameplay structure. One went with the casual audience and one went with the "hardcore" audience. Guess which one is the most successful one?

If you're trying to judge what's the better DMC game by how many copies it has sold over DmC, than the logic would apply to other games of the same genre, right? I mean, I'm not trying to make some goofy comparison with Angry Birds or something, they're actually very similar series.

Who cares? Why compare them in the first place?

Then God of War > DMC > DmC

DmC is STILL in last place, it still sucks. DMC is better than DmC no matter how many games are better than DMC. That's the point.

So we can all agree God of War is the better game? I'm fine with that. Who cares about DmC, it's from a failed franchise anyway, compared to God of War.

I guess you won't be able to use MGR numbers against DmC as well right? I mean, God of War is just so much better than these other titles shouldn't even be mentioned. It's all about the number of copies sold, after all.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#37dillpickle69Posted 1/30/2013 7:46:31 PM
God of War came out with the ps3, which is when most people were buying games, so all of their games have the appropriate sales meant for this generation. DMC, on the other hand, has 1 game from this generation, 2 if you count the HD collection.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#38sworderPosted 1/30/2013 7:46:56 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
So we can all agree God of War is the better game? I'm fine with that. Who cares about DmC, it's from a failed franchise anyway, compared to God of War.

I guess you won't be able to use MGR numbers against DmC as well right? I mean, God of War is just so much better than these other titles shouldn't even be mentioned. It's all about the number of copies sold, after all.

Yes it is, and DmC failed.

Now we need DMC5 back because it sells so much better and sales are all that matter.
#39SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:47:21 PM
youshallbeasgod posted...
Don't blame the game if you're not SSSmoking SSSick SSStylish, TC.

I don't blame it. Enjoy playing your game alone while God of War is getting a multiplayer in its next installment, wanna guess how much it will sell?
---
#40AiddonPosted 1/30/2013 7:48:36 PM
my butthurt detector just blew up