Copies sold: DMC franchise = 10~ million. God of War franchise = 21~ million.

#41SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:48:43 PM
sworder posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
So we can all agree God of War is the better game? I'm fine with that. Who cares about DmC, it's from a failed franchise anyway, compared to God of War.

I guess you won't be able to use MGR numbers against DmC as well right? I mean, God of War is just so much better than these other titles shouldn't even be mentioned. It's all about the number of copies sold, after all.

Yes it is, and DmC failed.

Now we need DMC5 back because it sells so much better and sales are all that matter.

I think they should do another reboot and make it even easier to follow God of War, it's clearly the role model for Hack N' Slash games if they wanna be successful.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#42Psychochild27Posted 1/30/2013 8:48:50 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
So we can all agree God of War is the better game? I'm fine with that. Who cares about DmC, it's from a failed franchise anyway, compared to God of War.

I guess you won't be able to use MGR numbers against DmC as well right? I mean, God of War is just so much better than these other titles shouldn't even be mentioned. It's all about the number of copies sold, after all.

Well yeah, seeing as how Metal Gear Rising comes from a series that sold 25 million units. God of War is a failed franchise compared to Metal Gear Solid, so why bother wasting time comparing the two let alone MGR and DmC.
#43Psychochild27Posted 1/30/2013 8:50:16 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
God of War came out with the ps3, which is when most people were buying games, so all of their games have the appropriate sales meant for this generation. DMC, on the other hand, has 1 game from this generation, 2 if you count the HD collection.

... What?
#44SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:50:28 PM
Aiddon posted...
my butthurt detector just blew up

It probably blew up after you realized that DMC is going on an indefinite hiatus like Dino Crisis since it never sold well! Maybe you'll have to end up buying God of War Ascension so you don't feel alone.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#45sworderPosted 1/30/2013 8:51:29 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
I think they should do another reboot and make it even easier to follow God of War, it's clearly the role model for Hack N' Slash games if they wanna be successful.

That would still be better than DmC
#46SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:52:06 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
God of War came out with the ps3, which is when most people were buying games, so all of their games have the appropriate sales meant for this generation. DMC, on the other hand, has 1 game from this generation, 2 if you count the HD collection.

Dun goofed there, bro.

God of War 1 and 2 were on the PS2. God of War Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta were on the PSP. God of War 3 was the only one on the PS3. After that there were some collections.
---
#47sjwho2Posted 1/30/2013 8:52:07 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
sworder posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
It's not hard. Once you stopped raging you'll see it too.

So comparing sequels = comparing different games?

If you weren't so butthurt you would at least be able to rationalize posts before making them

We're comparing Hack N' Slash games that started during the same era and have the same amount of games and have a similar gameplay structure. One went with the casual audience and one went with the "hardcore" audience. Guess which one is the most successful one?

If you're trying to judge what's the better DMC game by how many copies it has sold over DmC, than the logic would apply to other games of the same genre, right? I mean, I'm not trying to make some goofy comparison with Angry Birds or something, they're actually very similar series.

That is insanely stupid yazoo.

Comparing games within a series vs. comparing different series within the same genre are two totally different things. You can't compare halo ODST to Halo 4 and then go "oh well it didn't sell as much as Call of Duty". That is just stupid.

Just a troll in the end.
#48SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:52:54 PM
sjwho2 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
sworder posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
It's not hard. Once you stopped raging you'll see it too.

So comparing sequels = comparing different games?

If you weren't so butthurt you would at least be able to rationalize posts before making them

We're comparing Hack N' Slash games that started during the same era and have the same amount of games and have a similar gameplay structure. One went with the casual audience and one went with the "hardcore" audience. Guess which one is the most successful one?

If you're trying to judge what's the better DMC game by how many copies it has sold over DmC, than the logic would apply to other games of the same genre, right? I mean, I'm not trying to make some goofy comparison with Angry Birds or something, they're actually very similar series.

That is insanely stupid yazoo.

Comparing games within a series vs. comparing different series within the same genre are two totally different things. You can't compare halo ODST to Halo 4 and then go "oh well it didn't sell as much as Call of Duty". That is just stupid.

Just a troll in the end.

You seriously think you can't compare two shooters? Seriously? I don't know if stupid or trolling, sorry.
---
#49youshallbeasgodPosted 1/30/2013 8:54:39 PM
TC is just angry because he can't beat the easiest DMC game. Relax, TC.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#50dillpickle69Posted 1/30/2013 8:56:41 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

Dun goofed there, bro.

God of War 1 and 2 were on the PS2. God of War Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta were on the PSP. God of War 3 was the only one on the PS3. After that there were some collections.

Oh. My mistake, I could have sworn GoW1 was on ps3... Oh well, I feel right stupid now...
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg