Copies sold: DMC franchise = 10~ million. God of War franchise = 21~ million.

#51SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:57:29 PM
See, they already tried to get the God of War audience with DmC, but clearly failed because they were held back by the "hardcore" community asking for stuff. Dante even sleeps with two girls in the beginning of DmC, like Kratos in all God of War games.

Let's put a list of things the Devil May Cry next reboot should have:

- QTEs
- Extendable Rebellion Sword (hmm, Sparda's weapon already did that in one though!)
- More explicit gore
- Simplified Square = Weak Attack / Triangle = Strong attack combat system.
- No jokes

Anything else?
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#52360pagesPosted 1/30/2013 7:58:12 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
sjwho2 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
sworder posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
It's not hard. Once you stopped raging you'll see it too.

So comparing sequels = comparing different games?

If you weren't so butthurt you would at least be able to rationalize posts before making them

We're comparing Hack N' Slash games that started during the same era and have the same amount of games and have a similar gameplay structure. One went with the casual audience and one went with the "hardcore" audience. Guess which one is the most successful one?

If you're trying to judge what's the better DMC game by how many copies it has sold over DmC, than the logic would apply to other games of the same genre, right? I mean, I'm not trying to make some goofy comparison with Angry Birds or something, they're actually very similar series.

That is insanely stupid yazoo.

Comparing games within a series vs. comparing different series within the same genre are two totally different things. You can't compare halo ODST to Halo 4 and then go "oh well it didn't sell as much as Call of Duty". That is just stupid.

Just a troll in the end.

You seriously think you can't compare two shooters? Seriously? I don't know if stupid or trolling, sorry.

Really the series are completely different and appeal to different people. It's like saying all RPGs suck because they don't pull the same numbers as pokemon, which is an RPG.

Different games, different goals.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#53Psychochild27Posted 1/30/2013 7:58:15 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
God of War came out with the ps3, which is when most people were buying games, so all of their games have the appropriate sales meant for this generation. DMC, on the other hand, has 1 game from this generation, 2 if you count the HD collection.

Dun goofed there, bro.

God of War 1 and 2 were on the PS2. God of War Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta were on the PSP. God of War 3 was the only one on the PS3. After that there were some collections.

Oh. My mistake, I could have sworn GoW1 was on ps3... Oh well, I feel right stupid now...

God of War originally dropped like two weeks after DMC3.
#54SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:59:59 PM
youshallbeasgod posted...
TC is just angry because he can't beat the easiest DMC game. Relax, TC.

Why should I? They're too hard, too many buttons. You hardcore can play it, but the others can't. Surely you may ask them to keep making games for you though, you'll always buy them, right? I mean, surely you can make a profit for Capcom.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#55SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:00:49 PM
Psychochild27 posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
God of War came out with the ps3, which is when most people were buying games, so all of their games have the appropriate sales meant for this generation. DMC, on the other hand, has 1 game from this generation, 2 if you count the HD collection.

Dun goofed there, bro.

God of War 1 and 2 were on the PS2. God of War Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta were on the PSP. God of War 3 was the only one on the PS3. After that there were some collections.

Oh. My mistake, I could have sworn GoW1 was on ps3... Oh well, I feel right stupid now...

God of War originally dropped like two weeks after DMC3.

And it sold 3 times as many copies as DMC3.
---
#56Psychochild27Posted 1/30/2013 8:01:22 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
And it sold 3 times as many copies as DMC3.

Neat.
#57SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:03:59 PM
Videogame companies are a BUSINESS, their goal is to sell and make a large profit, so regarding this aspect I can say, yes, Pokemon was a more successful, therefore better, by Antis logic system, RPG.
---
#58sjwho2Posted 1/30/2013 8:04:02 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
sjwho2 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
sworder posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
It's not hard. Once you stopped raging you'll see it too.

So comparing sequels = comparing different games?

If you weren't so butthurt you would at least be able to rationalize posts before making them

We're comparing Hack N' Slash games that started during the same era and have the same amount of games and have a similar gameplay structure. One went with the casual audience and one went with the "hardcore" audience. Guess which one is the most successful one?

If you're trying to judge what's the better DMC game by how many copies it has sold over DmC, than the logic would apply to other games of the same genre, right? I mean, I'm not trying to make some goofy comparison with Angry Birds or something, they're actually very similar series.

That is insanely stupid yazoo.

Comparing games within a series vs. comparing different series within the same genre are two totally different things. You can't compare halo ODST to Halo 4 and then go "oh well it didn't sell as much as Call of Duty". That is just stupid.

Just a troll in the end.

You seriously think you can't compare two shooters? Seriously? I don't know if stupid or trolling, sorry.

You aren't comparing 2 similar games. You are saying one game should be a clone of another because it sold more. How utterly stupid that is amazes. Lets just clone another game so it can (maybe) sell more. Not to mention the more unique your game is to its own series the more it sells. Thats why GoW sold, it was unique.(well that and you get to kill ancient greek gods).

Accessibility is fine, check Devil May Cry 3, even 4. The games haven't been hard or cutting out casuals in the least.

Your entire argument is invalid and you are just trolling for anti's.

SHMYazoo is worse than the anti's, and that is pathetic.
#59palpatine_roxxPosted 1/30/2013 8:06:56 PM
stupid

fopic tailed
#60SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:07:52 PM
That's what people do, man. That's what Crysis did when Call of Duty 4 sold more than their glorified tech demo. They made Crysis 2 with Call of Duty in mind, put loadouts, like CoD, and small maps on the multiplayer, like CoD, DLC map packs with 5 maps each, like CoD.

They compare with their own genre. "If we have a shooter just like them, why is his shooter selling more than ours? What can we do to change this and grab their players?"
---