Copies sold: DMC franchise = 10~ million. God of War franchise = 21~ million.

#81FrostDancer289Posted 1/30/2013 10:16:34 PM
Dev445 posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
How hasnt TC been modded yet?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyhsnjCxyy1qfriu3o1_500.gif

That's what I want know, Let me make a topic similar to this and it will be modded in minutes.

No kidding.
---
THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT? - Bad Dudes
#82wwinterj25Posted 1/30/2013 10:17:33 PM
This is a nice topic and all but the facts are DMC 4 is better than DmC and sold more than DmC. I don't give a rats ass about other game series. We are talking about the Devil May Cry franchise.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#83ShadowBoyZXPosted 1/30/2013 10:17:38 PM
Err okay and I like both. What's your point?
---
2012's Undisputed Badass: Scizor
#84BaulModeusPosted 1/30/2013 10:18:49 PM
FrostDancer289 posted...
Dev445 posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
How hasnt TC been modded yet?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyhsnjCxyy1qfriu3o1_500.gif

That's what I want know, Let me make a topic similar to this and it will be modded in minutes.

No kidding.

You're just mad God of War is over 2x as good as Devil May Cry.
---
PSN: Bonkerz4569
#85roadtosalvationPosted 1/30/2013 10:19:29 PM
This whole topic is insanely stupid. Seriously, you're going to use sales figures to determine how "good" a game - or how another game is better than another - when there are, oh, I don't know, a MILLION other factors to consider.

I've never played it but wasn't Phychonauts (sorry on the sp) a real good game? It didn't sell very well. That doesn't mean it wasn't good or that a game that sold more was superior.

Additionally, if I remember correctly, Super Metroid didn't sell very well Japan and that game was fan-freakin-tastic.

Again, there is an entire spectrum of cause and effect you are completely overlooking to prove a pointless and utterly subjective point.

Really, it's crap like this that give gamers a bad name.

But seriously, I wonder it people like TC really unload this crap in this manner when talking to people in person. Oh how we love the amenity of the internet!
#86syctheweilderPosted 1/30/2013 10:21:04 PM
More than any other user on this board, I've seen this TC make topics with no other purpose than to provoke others.
#87BaulModeusPosted 1/30/2013 10:21:55 PM
roadtosalvation posted...
This whole topic is insanely stupid. Seriously, you're going to use sales figures to determine how "good" a game - or how another game is better than another - when there are, oh, I don't know, a MILLION other factors to consider.

I've never played it but wasn't Phychonauts (sorry on the sp) a real good game? It didn't sell very well. That doesn't mean it wasn't good or that a game that sold more was superior.

Additionally, if I remember correctly, Super Metroid didn't sell very well Japan and that game was fan-freakin-tastic.

Again, there is an entire spectrum of cause and effect you are completely overlooking to prove a pointless and utterly subjective point.

Really, it's crap like this that give gamers a bad name.

But seriously, I wonder it people like TC really unload this crap in this manner when talking to people in person. Oh how we love the amenity of the internet!

More sales = More gooder. That's what I've learned on GameFAQs. :)
---
PSN: Bonkerz4569
#88n7titanPosted 1/30/2013 10:35:36 PM
Ninja Gaiden
#89CrazyFool319Posted 1/30/2013 11:55:08 PM
They hit 10 million 3+ years ago.
---
SEAHAWKS
#90TheBestGman2007Posted 1/30/2013 11:59:26 PM
(I posted this in a similar topic)

I'm not a "fan" of either, but I do prefer GoW.

DMC doesn't have a learning "curve" per se. First time players are going to recognize in the first few hours or so, if this is going to be an experience they'll want to indulge in. The reason I say there's no curve, is because the skill threshold for a DMC is so ridiculously high that you need to have great coordination/reflexes beforehand. DMC is one of those series where practice can only make you so good, the rest is just natural ability.

GOW Is more user friendly and accessible to the average player. The visuals are beyond great, and the combat is deep *enough* to sustain an entire game without getting repetitive. I also don't it's wrong to say that GOW has the better story, let' face narratives have never been DMC's strong suit, and GOW is more story-focused than DMC.

I don't care for Dante (new/old) or Kratos, they're all just cliche's targetted at a demographic. Kratos is the angry hero, who convey's no emotion and is impossible to relate to. Old Dante is a smarmy guy who's too cool to care, which would be fine if he wasn't so easy to root against. Seriously, if Old Dante isn't going to take a boss fight seriously, why should I? I use the example of when he was mimicing a dog with one of the bosses. New Dante designed for those "rebels" in today's society. You know the ones, the ones who say destroy the establishment, but would be dead within 24 hours of societies collapse. On their iPad their parents bought them too.

People can say that GoW is worse because it's easier, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Consierding some of the best games ever made would be classified as "easy."

Then there's just too many variables. GoW is first party, so it's obviously going to recieve more attention. It's got a more recognizable stature in today's industry, DMC used to have this...

That's all I feel like typing now, though.
---
So he replies: "and how do I manage?"
I dodge the blast, and apologize for collateral damage.