Devil May Cry Series Power Levels

#21Pesmerga255Posted 2/2/2013 1:56:39 PM
BreakerDoorMan posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
CaptainKatsura posted...
So what you're saying is that DmC Dante is equal to 180 Raditz.

He'd still only be a minute fraction of Raditz's speed. I heard he can move at the speed of light.

Ocean Dub Raditz. No where in the manga or any other the dub can he move that fast.

Real men watch the Ocean dub.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#22ReceiverxWisdomPosted 2/2/2013 2:01:30 PM
DMC4 Dante DT: 900,000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik
Sorry, I had to. :p
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#23HellsControllerPosted 2/2/2013 2:01:53 PM
Dante is way to weak. And he's both weaker than Bergil and Mundus, yet...wins?
Yeah, nah.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#24AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:54:46 PM
HellsController posted...
Yeah, nah.

Uh YEAH. Ever noticed that the villains in pretty much everything are stronger than the good guys? The good guys usually win because of their WILL. Not always because of strength.
I admit that I may canonically be wrong but this is still an interpretation that makes sense, so don't act like its completely off because it isnt.

ColonelChiken posted...
I think Vergil and Dante in DMC 3 should be a lot closer. Yeah Vergil was much more powerful before their first fight, but in their later fights, they were much more equal.

Regardless, even though what you say does make sense, I gave Vergil the edge in the 2nd fight again because he is dual wielding both the Yamato AND the Force Edge. That has to count for something. Force edge is powerful in DMC3 despite the fact that its weak as balls in DMC1.

dillpickle69 posted...
I stopped reading to post this. Dante has been stated to be stronger than Sparda, before he Sparda DTed

While this is true, the claim makes absolutely no sense because Dante on his own wasn't even able to harm Mundus AT ALL. He had to use Sparda's power to defeat Mundus. So that claim makes no sense.

That's probably why they made Sparda weaker in DmC because he would kind of detract from Dante sometimes.
---
PS3, Vita, 3DS. PSN: xLionhartx
Creator of the popular Ameno Sagiri and Friends
#25dillpickle69Posted 2/2/2013 10:04:52 PM
AzurexNightmare posted...
HellsController posted...
Yeah, nah.

Uh YEAH. Ever noticed that the villains in pretty much everything are stronger than the good guys? The good guys usually win because of their WILL. Not always because of strength.
I admit that I may canonically be wrong but this is still an interpretation that makes sense, so don't act like its completely off because it isnt.

ColonelChiken posted...
I think Vergil and Dante in DMC 3 should be a lot closer. Yeah Vergil was much more powerful before their first fight, but in their later fights, they were much more equal.

Regardless, even though what you say does make sense, I gave Vergil the edge in the 2nd fight again because he is dual wielding both the Yamato AND the Force Edge. That has to count for something. Force edge is powerful in DMC3 despite the fact that its weak as balls in DMC1.

dillpickle69 posted...
I stopped reading to post this. Dante has been stated to be stronger than Sparda, before he Sparda DTed

While this is true, the claim makes absolutely no sense because Dante on his own wasn't even able to harm Mundus AT ALL. He had to use Sparda's power to defeat Mundus. So that claim makes no sense.

That's probably why they made Sparda weaker in DmC because he would kind of detract from Dante sometimes.

Well, he never even attacked Mundus before he Sparda DT'd, so there's no actual proof that he needed it in the first place. I remember in the DMC novel volume 2, Dante beat Mundus again in an alternate reality, and I don't recall whether or not he used Sparda, but I don't recall him doing so.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#26AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:09:52 PM
"Well, he never even attacked Mundus before he Sparda DT'd, so there's no actual proof that he needed it in the first place."

When you try equipping any weapon other than the Sparda sword in either Mundus 1 or Mundus 2, the game will tell you that Mundus can only be harmed with the Sparda sword.

After you use Ifrit or Alastor on Mundus 3 (when he cracks and all those eyeballs and hands come out) Mundus is laughing at you and says "HAHAHAHA. WHAT IS THE MATTER? HERE YOUR POWERS ARE WEAK, HUMAN!!!!" I doubt he would have said that if he was still using the Sparda sword.

"I remember in the DMC novel volume 2, Dante beat Mundus again in an alternate reality, and I don't recall whether or not he used Sparda, but I don't recall him doing so."

IIRC those novels have not been confirmed to be canon and even if they were, that Dante is in the future. He is probably DMC2 Dante considering the fact that I think those novels were released before even 3 and the only future Dante that existed at that point was 2 Dante. So it isn't DMC1 Dante.
---
#27dillpickle69Posted 2/2/2013 10:17:47 PM
AzurexNightmare posted...
"Well, he never even attacked Mundus before he Sparda DT'd, so there's no actual proof that he needed it in the first place."

When you try equipping any weapon other than the Sparda sword in either Mundus 1 or Mundus 2, the game will tell you that Mundus can only be harmed with the Sparda sword.

After you use Ifrit or Alastor on Mundus 3 (when he cracks and all those eyeballs and hands come out) Mundus is laughing at you and says "HAHAHAHA. WHAT IS THE MATTER? HERE YOUR POWERS ARE WEAK, HUMAN!!!!" I doubt he would have said that if he was still using the Sparda sword.

"I remember in the DMC novel volume 2, Dante beat Mundus again in an alternate reality, and I don't recall whether or not he used Sparda, but I don't recall him doing so."

IIRC those novels have not been confirmed to be canon and even if they were, that Dante is in the future. He is probably DMC2 Dante considering the fact that I think those novels were released before even 3 and the only future Dante that existed at that point was 2 Dante. So it isn't DMC1 Dante.

Hm, I guess you have a point, though I still don't think it's reasonable to disregard something that was stated in the game...
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#28AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:15:40 PM
By the way, I tried to edit the levels and make them more accurate. I think I actually made DMC1 Dante too weak. I think he should be around 5,000 or 6,000 and DMC1 Dante DT should be at either 6,000 or 7,000.
---
#29Qwesar23464Posted 2/2/2013 11:27:40 PM
I know I'm nitpicking, but why is Vergil higher than Dante? I don't get why it's assumed it is just "his will" and that he didn't get a nice power boost/warm-up for ruining through the tower. From how I've always seen it:

First Encounter: Vergil is stronger.

Second Encounter: They are on equal terms.

Third Encounter: Dante has become stronger.

I could really nitpick the power levels beyond that, but that's just being silly and I just want to see the reasoning.
---
In Crowbar We Trust.
Please, call me B. Wolf
#30AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 12:38:05 AM
Qwesar23464 posted...
I know I'm nitpicking, but why is Vergil higher than Dante? I don't get why it's assumed it is just "his will" and that he didn't get a nice power boost/warm-up for ruining through the tower. From how I've always seen it:

First Encounter: Vergil is stronger.

Second Encounter: They are on equal terms.

Third Encounter: Dante has become stronger.

I could really nitpick the power levels beyond that, but that's just being silly and I just want to see the reasoning.

I already explained this. Read my response.
---