One thing I loved in this over old DMC... AUTO TARGET SYSTEM

#21sworderPosted 1/31/2013 10:38:59 AM
SilentS89 posted...
Gray Fox Die posted...
Haters do not realize that the new DmC solves many small problems that the serie had (I'm not bashing DMC serie btw, it is my favourite franchise).

Are you going to keep posting this until someone takes your bait?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/65321212/733027945

Cosmic_Coyote's alt confirmed
#22pyro_buntaPosted 1/31/2013 10:40:03 AM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
Aerial Combos: Tapping a button > Holding it down

Also, you do realize that auto target was already in past DMC games?

yes but you know what I mean, you had to lock on the target on an emeny in order to do several actions, which is dumb

What is demon/angel stance.
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#23PirateSwordsmanPosted 1/31/2013 10:56:48 AM(edited)
I'm currently working on Plat'ing DMC2 on the HD Collection. If there's one of the many things that get on my nerves in that game that I can point out, it's its auto-targetting system.

EDIT: And now I just found out you can disable auto-targetting in DMC2 by holding R2. Goddammit.
---
~On How To Close Topics - In Memory of callingjaguar~
callingjaguar:
tell me how to take it off or i will c*m on you
#24Psychochild27Posted 1/31/2013 10:48:58 AM
Jumping back would have been easily fixed with just camera control. Also a basic jump is a viable dodge so if your timing is accurate than this wasn't a problem since both would solve the issue.

I miss being able to jump back while locked onto a target, whip out Pandora and have the momentum of the jump carry Dante in a great short arc before Stinger/Gun Stinger my way back inoto the enemy's face. Now all that happens is that Dino stop in the air exactly where you fire, you lose your auto lock-on, and when you try to stinger back to the enemy, Dino without fail will lock onto an enemy that's not QUITE behind the enemy you were originally targeting so that his stinger will somehow clumsily path around your original target to Trillion Stab the other guy.

God help you if you want to work Angel Glides into combos like you could Sky Stars in previous DMC games. At that point, it becomes a real crap shoot if there's more than two enemies bunched together on screen.
#25Gray Fox DiePosted 1/31/2013 10:55:46 AM
Also, targeting the right enemies in DMC3 is as bad as trying to target a flying one in DmC.

At least in DmC it only applies to airborne enemies...
#26RockmanALPosted 1/31/2013 10:57:59 AM
uh.. yeah right

with auto target system I always miss parrying and grabbing the enemy i wanted to

well, it's always a nice thing for someone who doesn't know how to use just one more finger for targetting on their enemies

NT must know how uncapable these people are, so they give you this auto target system, well good for you

it's just so easy you don't have to use any energy to be thinking of the sequences of which enemies you have to attack first, I think my IQ just went really down after playing this game
---
Games, Manga, Anime, Gunpla, Figures ONLY!
I now conclude that, Ever17's story is eminently the BEST story of all I've seen/read in my "entire life".
#27KyryloPosted 1/31/2013 11:06:18 AM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
it was stupid to have 2 different move sets depending if ypu were targeting or nor an enemy.

Now it was done in the right way, with auto target and you get different effects accordingly to how long you press or hold a button.

Kudos for that to Ninja Theory for the fighting system it is really good.

*dies from laughter* of all stupid reasons Tc probably pick the worst one.
#28Hunter1534Posted 1/31/2013 11:13:38 AM
Lol TC is so wrong.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mwAxU6m.gif