The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Just a question: Do you realize most people just finish their games once?

#1SHMYazooPosted 1/31/2013 9:06:58 AM
The whole discussion about higher unlockable difficulties is just something the very small niche of hack n' slash FANS like to discuss, it isn't even ackowledged by the majority of people. Frankly, most don't care if the game lives up to past games in DMD mode, they just want a fun engaging experience (and that means developed story and characterization, good level design, good soundtrack, etc) in their first playthrough.

How many of you people did manage to beat Dante Must Die in DMC1~4 anyway? I doubt there's many of you out there.

Just pointing it out that it's a very small percentage of people that really care how hard Master Ninja is in Ninja Gaiden II compared to Master Ninja in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, for instance.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#2EpyonACPosted 1/31/2013 9:10:32 AM
I did and loved those modes.....
Just sayin.....
---
PSN: EpyonAC XBOX Live: EpyonAC
Main: Hakumen, Hazama MVC3: Dante, Wesker, Phoenix
#3sworderPosted 1/31/2013 9:11:09 AM
No one cares
#4DarkJaydragonPosted 1/31/2013 9:12:10 AM
I've finished dmc1,3,4 DmC on every difficulty I honestly can't finish 2 because of how much it bores me. I also thought NG2 was only really hard at the start of MNM, it wasn't so bad the more it went on.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#5SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:12:37 AM
sworder posted...
No one cares

Exactly. No one cares about difficulty. Why should you?
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#6KeimaonlySleepsPosted 1/31/2013 9:12:52 AM
I wish Nic Cage was here. :(
---
Koi No Shirushi From the World God Only Knows. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF3re01c2Ks
#7DarkJaydragonPosted 1/31/2013 9:13:37 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
sworder posted...
No one cares

I care. ;_; it's one of the two main selling parts for me in a game, it's either a lot of fun or the game has a good challenge that I want to try and beat.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#8KeimaonlySleepsPosted 1/31/2013 9:13:37 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
sworder posted...
No one cares

Because I'm not a tool.
---
Koi No Shirushi From the World God Only Knows. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF3re01c2Ks
#9MadigariPosted 1/31/2013 9:15:38 AM(edited)
This is really a ridiculous argument. Even if people don't replay their games immediately (for any reason, up to and including no unlocked difficulties), there's a fair number of people who will replay a good game even ages after they've beaten it, as well as purchase further iterations of the game which only marginally differ from the original game. (I.E., DMC3 vs. DMC3SE; DMC1-3 vs. DMCHD)

DmC does not seem to have the same staying power. Even if you feel the purchase was justified, there seems to be little to no reason to go back and visit the game again in the future. The only replayability it has exists in trophy hunting. And why?

SHMYazoo posted...
they just want a fun engaging experience (and that means developed story and characterization, good level design, good soundtrack, etc) in their first playthrough.

Because, even on that basis, DmC doesn't really deliver a grand slam.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#10antking61Posted 1/31/2013 9:16:48 AM
Game I've completed more than once this gen...

Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age: Origins
*Dragon's Dogma
*Devil May Cry 4
*Dead Space 2
*Uncharted 1&2
Tenchu Z
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Fable 2 (I still haven't even completed 3 once)
*Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
*Metal Gear Solid 4
*Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

*Games I've completed a lot more than just twice.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!