Just a question: Do you realize most people just finish their games once?

#11sworderPosted 1/31/2013 9:17:23 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
sworder posted...
No one cares

Exactly. No one cares about difficulty. Why should you?

I was answering your topic question.

No one cares how many times people finish their games. That's their problem, not yours
#12SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:19:57 AM
Madigari posted...
This is really a ridiculous argument. Even if people don't replay their games immediately (for any reason, up to and including no unlocked difficulties), there's a fair number of people who will replay a good game even ages after they've beaten it, as well as purchase further iterations of the game which only marginally differ from the original game. (I.E., DMC3 vs. DMC3SE; DMC1-3 vs. DMCHD)

DmC does not seem to have the same staying power. Even if you feel the purchase was justified, there seems to be little to no reason to go back and visit the game again in the future. The only replayability it has exists in trophy hunting. And why?

SHMYazoo posted...
they just want a fun engaging experience (and that means developed story and characterization, good level design, good soundtrack, etc) in their first playthrough.

Because, even on that basis, DmC doesn't really deliver a grand slam.

I'm just saying the majority of people won't buy games thinking "Hmmm my 3rd playthrough in Dante Must Die mode will be really satisfying", they just want a proper weill rounded game.

Regarding your comment about DmC, I respectfully disagree, I already have 40 hours in it and still going, just trying to make my ranks better on the leaderboards, trying crazier combos. I can't wait for Vergil's Downfall and Bloody Palace.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#13darkshadowmasterPosted 1/31/2013 9:21:42 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
sworder posted...
No one cares

Exactly. No one cares about difficulty. Why should you?

Because I'm not a fan of clearing games in 2 sittings.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#14antking61Posted 1/31/2013 9:23:29 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
I'm just saying the majority of people won't buy games thinking "Hmmm my 3rd playthrough in Dante Must Die mode will be really satisfying", they just want a proper weill rounded game.

Regarding your comment about DmC, I respectfully disagree, I already have 40 hours in it and still going, just trying to make my ranks better on the leaderboards, trying crazier combos. I can't wait for Vergil's Downfall and Bloody Palace.

Since you try to improve your ranking on Leaderboards then you should see the appeal of trying to improve your ranking on a higher difficulty.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#15MadigariPosted 1/31/2013 9:26:17 AM(edited)
SHMYazoo posted...

And I'm saying DmC isn't that game. As you say in your other topic about God of War, other games have done far better at being more accessible and just general fun. Not that DmC isn't fun to some people, mind you; it's just that other games do a far better job of being accessible and appealing to gamers in general.

Well, there will always be people at either extreme. People who will replay it endlessly for whatever reason that won't captivate the typical gamer (as you said, leaderboards/combo experimentation), or people who won't even try it for whatever reason they may have. Your personal experience does not set the tone for other gamers; you even acknowledge that with this topic, claiming most people play a game once and they're done.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#16SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:28:13 AM
antking61 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...

Since you try to improve your ranking on Leaderboards then you should see the appeal of trying to improve your ranking on a higher difficulty.

I see, I'm just saying that I'm a minority. And while I like difficult games and I think this game is easier, specially compared to the past DMC games, I still think it's a lot of fun, as I don't think difficulty isn't the only aspect that makes a game good. But that's not the point, the point is we're a minority.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#17SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:31:17 AM
Madigari posted...
SHMYazoo posted...

And I'm saying DmC isn't that game. As you say in your other topic about God of War, other games have done far better at being more accessible and just general fun. Not that DmC isn't fun to some people, mind you; it's just that other games do a far better job of being accessible and appealing to gamers in general.

Well, there will always be people at either extreme. People who will replay it endlessly for whatever reason that won't captivate the typical gamer (as you said, leaderboards/combo experimentation), or people who won't even try it for whatever reason they may have. Your personal experience does not set the tone for other gamers; you even acknowledge that with this topic, claiming most people play a game once and they're done.

I agree it may not have been the accessible game Capcom was hoping it would be, the savior of the franchise, but I'm saying that using less difficulty as a justification of possible less copies sold isn't a valid argument.

Again, I stated I'm a minority too.
---
#18MadigariPosted 1/31/2013 9:34:22 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
I'm saying that using less difficulty as a justification of possible less copies sold isn't a valid argument.

It's a valid argument insofar as it applies to the person using it. It definitely doesn't work as a blanket statement, though.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#19antking61Posted 1/31/2013 9:37:16 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
I see, I'm just saying that I'm a minority. And while I like difficult games and I think this game is easier, specially compared to the past DMC games, I still think it's a lot of fun, as I don't think difficulty isn't the only aspect that makes a game good. But that's not the point, the point is we're a minority.

Most people never try to step up in difficulty so why tailor a difficulty to people who will never use it? Why not use the difficulty to please the people who like running the risk?
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#20SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:39:48 AM
antking61 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...

Most people never try to step up in difficulty so why tailor a difficulty to people who will never use it? Why not use the difficulty to please the people who like running the risk?

That's the point. Maybe they shouldn't even try to make harder difficulties and focus on other stuff during the development. Maybe making the game longer by itself.
---