this game has flaws, but so does every devil may cry game, so its moot.

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 1/31/2013 10:49:37 AM
i agree with most people and they are correct to score this game in the 7-8 range and say its flawed because it has no lockon, and way too many super armored enemies which makes it so you cant really do what you want, but what i dont agree with is when people compare this game to older dmc games and call it a joke, or say its inferior, you have to be ignoring the other game's flaws to say such a thing. this game does indeed improve on the system a lot.

here are some of the flaws of devil may cry 3 (the most overrated one)

-bad camera which makes platforming annoying at the least. this has plagued at least the first 3 dmc games idk about 4. this isnt present as an issue in the new dmc.
-the controls arent as tight, they feel extremely tight in the new dmc. even though theres a lockon in older games, the non-tight controls ends up making it still feel sloppy and i hit too many moves i wasnt aiming to, with the various tilt the analog stick this way or this way during attacks.
-obscure puzzles with no hints leave you wandering around a castle setting confused as hell sometimes with no idea where youre going and it can get tedious and annoying. thank god they scrapped that crap imo.
-annoying grinding of red orbs. this isnt as much of an issue in the new dmc as the focus isnt on orb collecting to get abilities, instead its more on finding lost souls and secret doors.
-story takes itself too serious. i find myself missing the silly nature of DmC's storyline. it is definately more engaging because it doesnt take itself overly serious all of the time.

every devil may cry has flaws. so go ahead and bash this game for its shortcomings thats fine, it is a 7-8 game, but dont you dare tell me dmc3 or 1 is a 9, they have just as many shortcomings on their own merits.
#2SHMYazooPosted 1/31/2013 10:50:53 AM
Prepare to be boarded. I'm sorry for your boat.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#3occupation_bobPosted 1/31/2013 10:52:21 AM
E.T. for the NES had its flaws too.

Don't know why everyone says it sucks.
---
It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas.
#4Psychochild27Posted 1/31/2013 10:52:25 AM

-bad camera which makes platforming annoying at the least. this has plagued at least the first 3 dmc games idk about 4. this isnt present as an issue in the new dmc.

Oh God, this made me laugh. In my first playthrough of DmC, all of my deaths were directly attributed to falling or environmental hazards because of the lousy camera that is clearly not up to the task. Thanks for that.
#5Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:52:36 AM
yeah i usually get a lot of trolls because i tell it like it is. gamefaq'ers are typically nostalgia driven, they always overreact and think a game sucks because it doesnt compare to their first experience with a game, and they ignore its shortcomings. they always do it. im playing devil may cry 3 as we speak, so i dont have nostalgia glasses on for older dmc games. i have a 55% trophy rating in DmC so i feel i really experienced that game fully, its not like i dont know what im saying.
#6Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:56:21 AM(edited)
Psychochild27 posted...

Oh God, this made me laugh. In my first playthrough of DmC, all of my deaths were directly attributed to falling or environmental hazards because of the lousy camera that is clearly not up to the task. Thanks for that.

you cant even flip the inverted camera of devil may cry 3. i dont even want it inverted. and you cant move it up or down, only spin it when it wants or lets you spin it. and sometimes it doesnt spin at all, its fixed. it makes up its own mind. anyways i hate inverted camera controls, i always default it at standard, this is one of the few games without an option there that bugs me to no end. that alone should tell you something about the camera of old dmc. and dmc1 was even worse, it was ALWAYS fixed... so finding secrets has some guess work involved, because i cant even see half of the stuff im bouncing off of walls to get to -_-
#7UbberDevilPosted 1/31/2013 10:56:04 AM
-story takes itself too serious. i find myself missing the silly nature of DmC's storyline. it is definately more engaging because it doesnt take itself overly serious all of the time.

Excuse me? Last time I checked the older DMC's story wasn't really taken that seriously. It was just a product of the game. Just a reason given to the audience as to why you're killing demons. This game's story was taken super seriously. NT's story writing was the prime reason why they were hired and Tameem said it would break the mold in modern video games. The story ended up being silly because Tameem isn't the talented writer he thinks himself to be. How is Dante being fine with Trish wrecking his shop, Dante surfing on a rocket, any of what Jester says, or any of what Dante does in DMC4 telling you the games are taking themselves too seriously?
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#8Psychochild27Posted 1/31/2013 10:56:40 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Psychochild27 posted...

you cant even flip the inverted camera of devil may cry 3. i dont even want it inverted. and you cant move it up or down, only spin it when it wants or lets you spin it. and sometimes it doesnt spin at all, its fixed. it makes up its own mind.

Which speaks volumes for how much I hate DmC's camera if I find DMC3's to be a godsend in direct comparison.
#9SHMYazooPosted 1/31/2013 10:57:48 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Psychochild27 posted...

you cant even flip the inverted camera of devil may cry 3. i dont even want it inverted. and you cant move it up or down, only spin it when it wants or lets you spin it. and sometimes it doesnt spin at all, its fixed. it makes up its own mind.

Sidestepping can also be a chore, as it needs you to the stick to the left or the right of Dante and then press X. Lots of times you'd jump backwards or towards the enemy because of weird camera angles confusing you. Specially infuriating in higher difficulties where you NEED precision.

Also, lol at the guy who was failing at platform in DmC.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#10SilentS89Posted 1/31/2013 10:58:59 AM
DmC being bad is moot because TC considers DMC bad.

K.