The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Tell me about games that have a deeper storyline than DmC. [spoilers ahead]

#1SHMYazooPosted 1/31/2013 10:23:17 AM(edited)
I wanna see what you come up with. Lots of people here think DmC has a ridiculous storyline, so I wanna see what are the ones that surpass it in your opinion.

Personally, at the top of my head there are probably 6~7 games that have a more developed story than this one and probably only 1 of them in the action genre. I'll share them as we move ahead with the thread, if people post stuff here.

Games have never been famous for their amazing plots, but I think this game was a step in the right direction. I think the social commentary in DmC, while not original, was done in a very nice way. It had a lot of tongue-in-cheek humor (the beverage is not addictive just because it's a soft drink, the news guy who says "just doing God's work" is actually a demon, etc) and the brotherly rivalry was done very nicely. They clearly didn't hate each other by the end of the game, they were hurt by how the other one wouldn't "play" it their way. Also Vergil didn't seem like a villain at the end of the game, just someone with a different point of view, like most good villains are (his way of thinking reminds me of Ozymandias in Watchmen). Just my opinion though.

You can post just the name of the game or elaborate if you want. I'd certainly prefer if you justify your answer.

PS: Blatant trolls will be ignored. Answers like "DMC1~4" or "any other game", without justification or any kind of elaboration, will be ignored as well.

Of course I expect the normal group of trolls in this board to post exactly what I asked not to.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#2Rising_shadowPosted 1/31/2013 10:19:55 AM
Troll topic again. Obvious troll is obvious.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#3megaultrarice34Posted 1/31/2013 10:21:04 AM
"DMC1~4" or "any other game"
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#4Pesmerga255Posted 1/31/2013 10:21:25 AM
megaultrarice34 posted...

---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#5nickizgr8Posted 1/31/2013 10:21:27 AM
megaultrarice34 posted...
#6Psychochild27Posted 1/31/2013 10:22:53 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/65322086
#7Ether101Posted 1/31/2013 10:23:30 AM
Xenogears, Xenosaga and Xenoblade. Plus, they have robots.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#8SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:24:14 AM
Psychochild27 posted...

I've read that Rock Paper Shotgun article. It was good enough.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#9SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:25:38 AM
Ether101 posted...
Xenogears, Xenosaga and Xenoblade. Plus, they have robots.

I've always known about the other two games, but I've only played Xenoblade, do you think it has a good story? It certainly seems very generic to me. What did you like about it?
---
#10Psychochild27Posted 1/31/2013 10:28:25 AM(edited)
SHMYazoo posted...
Psychochild27 posted...

I've read that Rock Paper Shotgun article. It was good enough.

Try page two and three of that thread which directly answers your question.

/how the Hell you people get by with ten posts a page is beyond me.