Tell me about games that have a deeper storyline than DmC. [spoilers ahead]

#71darkdragon_9600Posted 1/31/2013 2:12:33 PM
Oh, Need For Speed Pro Street.

Y'all love Ryan Cooper
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#72KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/31/2013 2:13:21 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
You know what, I'd like to elaborate on my true choice for this topic.

Chrono Trigger. A game from the SNES days. Now that game had a fantastic plot/storyline.

For a game from the SNES days, it manages to have a better plot than a lot of modern games.

I mean, the game had so much depth to it. IIRC the original game had 11 different endings (the remakes have 13 I believe).

Original had 12.

Ah, I always forget the slideshow ending.

That just helps my point. Not to mention that in those 12 endings, some slight details could be altered depending on your actions in game Like if Lucca's mom could walk or not
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#73Solid_RavenX13Posted 1/31/2013 2:14:04 PM
SNES Earthbound.

MGS series always has good storylines.

Legacy of Kain.

There's more but right now they too jumbled in my head.
---
Just tell Samus you couldn't stop Mother Brain from taking over the galaxy because you were high. She'll understand....
[M][E][T][R][O][I][D] - My anti-drug
#74diebuster2Posted 1/31/2013 2:14:14 PM
megaultrarice34 posted...
"DMC1~4" or "any other game"

---
One does not simply state a reasonable, negative opinion on GameFAQS without being called a troll.
#75Ryu_YagamiPosted 1/31/2013 2:15:15 PM
Persona 4. Just Persona 4.
---
Proud member of the Anti Wyvern Pest Control. To Victory!
#76shadowsofdawnPosted 1/31/2013 2:25:39 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
megaultrarice34 posted...
"DMC1~4" or "any other game"

---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#77FulvipPosted 1/31/2013 2:41:21 PM
Metroid is about 10 times as heavy as DmC, story-wise.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#78MadigariPosted 1/31/2013 2:47:03 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
Wild ARMs

I love that series. I wish they'd released a remake of WA2 like they did in Alter Code: F. That was a great remake.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#79kinterpin890Posted 1/31/2013 3:04:34 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...
Are we talking depth or quality? Because they're two different things.

I can probably safely say the Silent Hill games--barring maybe Origins or Homecoming or the original, and even those are hesitant--are deeper than DmC. They all explore fairly mature, psychological issues. SH2 and Shattered Memories, in particular, are notable for how they handle themes of grief, reconciliation, and domestic violence.

The storytelling, however, is not necessarily fantastic. The SH games typically suffer from awkward pacing and reliance upon notes and memos.

In terms of quality, I'd say DmC is decent. It could have been much more developed. I look to something like the first three Yakuza games when I want to talk about quality storytelling. They're a little cliched, but you get good character development and great pacing, for the most part.

How are the Yakuza games by the way? People always say I should play them for the PS3, but I never got the chance.

They are great! I strongly recommend Yakuza 4.
#80Pesmerga255Posted 1/31/2013 3:05:43 PM
kinterpin890 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...
Are we talking depth or quality? Because they're two different things.

I can probably safely say the Silent Hill games--barring maybe Origins or Homecoming or the original, and even those are hesitant--are deeper than DmC. They all explore fairly mature, psychological issues. SH2 and Shattered Memories, in particular, are notable for how they handle themes of grief, reconciliation, and domestic violence.

The storytelling, however, is not necessarily fantastic. The SH games typically suffer from awkward pacing and reliance upon notes and memos.

In terms of quality, I'd say DmC is decent. It could have been much more developed. I look to something like the first three Yakuza games when I want to talk about quality storytelling. They're a little cliched, but you get good character development and great pacing, for the most part.

How are the Yakuza games by the way? People always say I should play them for the PS3, but I never got the chance.

They are great! I strongly recommend Yakuza 4.

I second this. <3 Yakuza 4.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!