Did you complain about the hair when DmC was first announced?

#1SHMYazooPosted 1/31/2013 2:31:26 PM
Simple question, be honest here. Did you complain about Dante's different hairstyle and color when DmC was first announced in 2010? - Results (284 votes)
Yes.
46.48% (132 votes)
No.
53.52% (152 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I know most of those that dislike the game over here claim they have other problems with the game and that the hair has nothing to do with it, but for everyone, when you first saw it, did you complain?

I like this game now, but I gotta say I did complain when I first saw it. I had the weirdest look on my face, I couldn't understand why they decided to do something like it. And it looked bad, to be honest.

What about you?
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#2Green_PuffPosted 1/31/2013 2:33:35 PM
All my hate, Yazoo!
---
You will not forget this devils power!
#3Sephivengeance9Posted 1/31/2013 2:35:00 PM
It was definitely a shock, but I initially held out for gameplay footage before I started disliking it. After that it all just rapidly went downhill for me. In fact, if anything, the trailers did an amazing job at putting my expectations so abysmally low that it was actually just as shocking to play an average game.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#4KaptainK00lPosted 1/31/2013 2:35:44 PM
I was never entirely for or against the game early on, but I kept an eye on it. The hair never really got me because I understood where they were trying to go with it. The only time I had a negative reaction was hearing about the new "half angel" business.
---
GT: iKaptain K00Li
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''
#5Rising_shadowPosted 1/31/2013 2:36:43 PM
I was more shocked by his emopire looks. He looked straight from a druggie version of Twilight. That and how egomaniacal Tameem was to give him his hair cut.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#6produnerPosted 1/31/2013 2:37:57 PM
Personally, the hair style was one of the character's design that i disliked when i saw the trailer, but my biggest worries where about NT handling the gameplay and the theme, environment and music of the game. Also the action scene was lacking the weapons (scythe and grappling thing) were gimmicky.All of my doubts were true, except for the gameplay, which was tuned and they brought back some stuff like orbs, secret missions and previous game mechanics but they were far away in terms of quality and depth.
#7LordChewbaccaPosted 1/31/2013 2:42:41 PM
The hair was off considering i expected Dante but the face bothered me the most, which I'm glad evolved over development time to look fine. Hell DmC Dante's face looks more like DMC4 Dante's face than DMC3 does <.<.
---
"DMC4 is the best entry in the series"-AlexxShadenk777
#8Supreme121Posted 1/31/2013 2:43:50 PM
I don't think it was the hair that pissed off a lot of gamers. I think it was the overall presentation of the reveal trailer. Examples like gritty looking character, unfitting and awful music, Dante smoking and then putting out his cigarette on the enemies face ; it was an inevitable train-wreck.
#9laskalPosted 1/31/2013 2:45:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10laskalPosted 1/31/2013 2:45:23 PM
Funny, but no. I was more annoyed by the overall design. That face Dante had at the time felt wrong. Could care less about the hair. Funny how now I would've prefer if they went with psychotic Dante. Would've been a better twist on things than "half-a**ed" Dante we got.
---
Official Lightning's shorts of this board.
Official Selphie's panties of every board!!!