Did you complain about the hair when DmC was first announced?

#51PostCrisisJ2Posted 2/1/2013 5:11:18 PM
liquidleonx3 posted...
antking61 posted...
I complained about the sadism of putting the cigarette out in the enemy's eye, that god-awful music, and the whole presentation. It was a trailer made for anti-government thugs.

lol I get enough of this anti-establishment/f*** the police/free drugs for everyone mentality bullcrap from my cousin.

I've been trying to figure out why the original trailers bugged me, and this was probably it.

I just found the entire presentation to be... I don't know. Like the people who made it were taking themselves too seriously. I suppose it may attract a younger audience though--I know if I was much younger when the first trailer came out I'd be interested in it.

Maybe I'm just getting old?
---
http://starcrossedstuck.tumblr.com/
http://i.imgur.com/8hEuE.jpg
#52DrunkBeardGuyPosted 2/1/2013 5:17:24 PM
No, but I didn't like how starved he looked. The cigarette in the eye gag was fun though.
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
http://i.imgur.com/C41sDRQ.gif
#53StrelokPosted 2/2/2013 12:11:47 AM
Hagiel posted...
Strelok posted...
Jealous? Please -_-

I know I'm not supermodel material (packing a few extra pounds, but it isn't extreme) but I am happy with how I look. I have no desire to look like anyone else.

And yes, he looks a lot less like a drug-addict now and more like white trailer trash. The (seemingly unwashed) wife beater shirt doesn't help at all.

DINO is average looking. (I am secure enough about my own sexuality to know when a guy is good looking or not) Dante is definitely good looking (Bishonen tend to be that)
Hell, Snake is definitely a better looking guy. I'd even say Old Snake is better looking, has this dignified look about him.
DINO looks like someone who has yet to find out what a shower looks like.

Relax, I was obviously joking about the jealousy part (the :p-smiley should have been a dead give-away, but next time I will write it like that: >text< *gggg* ;-) ;-) ;-) :-p :-p :-D :-D (I'm joking by the way!))

I mean who would be really jealous of a video game charakter? That would be pathetic because they don't even exist in real life!

And if new or old Dante is better looking is obviously quite subjective and up to your personal tastes.
Personally I just dislike Bishonen, they're so effiminate. But I would never claim to speak for all women on the world, just for me and my friends and we like new Dante better for a number of reasons :-)

Fair enough, the thing is that the comment actually has been said before and that person was serious. For the past two years on this board my faith in humanity took a big shot in the balls, got poured over with battery acid, set on fire, and the ashes got peed on.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#54HagielPosted 2/2/2013 3:50:51 AM
Strelok posted...
Fair enough, the thing is that the comment actually has been said before and that person was serious.

O.o Seriously? That's just... sad, I guess? Also sorry, I didn't know that someone already made the joke, didn't want to double post. Just came here a few days ago in search of information....

Strelok posted...
For the past two years on this board my faith in humanity took a big shot in the balls, got poured over with battery acid, set on fire, and the ashes got peed on.

I hear you. The internet is great but there are so many people who think they could behave like pigs just because of the anonymity, it makes me really sad!
---
It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray.
Garrus Vakarian
#55SilentS89Posted 2/2/2013 4:54:18 AM(edited)
I was more concerned by the Donte sadistically tortured that demon with a cigarette, oh, and that he was smoking.

The smoking was really bad, basically a middle finger to Kamiya. It made it quite clear how little Ninja Theory respected the source material.

Not smoking was an important element of the design of Dante.

The hair is an important element too but I figured it was either dyed or going to change white or something.

I was more concerned with the uncharacteristic behaviors of Donte.
#56StrelokPosted 2/2/2013 6:17:05 AM
Hagiel posted...
Strelok posted...
Fair enough, the thing is that the comment actually has been said before and that person was serious.

O.o Seriously? That's just... sad, I guess? Also sorry, I didn't know that someone already made the joke, didn't want to double post. Just came here a few days ago in search of information....

Alas, yes. People have been going on like this ever since Tam Tam said that Dante would get laughed out of bars not situated in Tokyo.
Some clearly trolling, others were serious.

I hear you. The internet is great but there are so many people who think they could behave like pigs just because of the anonymity, it makes me really sad!

And this is a reason why I tend to make videos for longer rants, although at the moment there isn't much to rant on really. I might just make one final vid once the sales are in for US to give my last thoughts on this "project"
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg