#11FallenLondon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:57:50 AM
bump?
---
"Heh heh Allllriiiiighht...."
Proud member of the Mickie Maniacs
#12KyryloPosted 2/5/2013 4:02:37 AM
FallenLondon posted...
bump?

write it. I can't watch youtube at work.
#13FallenLondon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 2:18:45 PM
the new look doesnt bother me, NT brings their story telling chops to DMC and with all the changes...it still feels like devil may cry and its still Very fun....thou a lil easy

4/5
---
"Heh heh Allllriiiiighht...."
Proud member of the Mickie Maniacs
#14RunothPosted 2/5/2013 2:58:55 PM
Agreed, London. DmC is an incredibly fun game - a little easy - but fun. All this lambasting of the story on the forums, and all this bemoaning of terrible scenes... most of them weren't bad at all. Not saying there aren't any (my succubus is dead, over a trillion, all of the Succubus dialogue... /facepalm), but I'm on Mission 18 and the story's pretty remarkable for being an action game.

In fact, it's the best "told" story of all the DMC games. It actually feels like a story as opposed to a bunch of cutscenes slap-dashed together. All the others had you exploring a large environment, and then boom, cutscene, and you're supposed to get a story out of that. In DmC, the story is driving your character to different environments - it's much more engaging.

Best level design of any DMC game too, in fact. Oh I'm sure we all had fun wandering aimlessly in the Temen-Ni-Gru in DMC3, or running around uninspired cathedrals in DMC4, but I'd much rather take a trippy-ass nightclub or an upside-down city district as a fight arena any day. The visual style provides the most appeal for these areas, though.

And I'll go ahead and say it - I think Dante is a likable character, and the occasional swearing you hear was more than likely shoehorned in as a cheap appeal to be edgy and cool. I think the original character design they had for Dante was great; it just wasn't the Dante we were expecting, so they made the intro scene and tossed in a few swear words to mix it up, but it largely failed.

Platforming elements are simple, but fun. Gameplay is a cakewalk for anyone familiar with the DMC series, (the style system is also incredibly forgiving) but it's also fun. And that's really all that matters.
#15ramseanGoodbyePosted 2/5/2013 3:18:08 PM
Yeah if anything I think they stuck a little too close to the source material. I think it would have been more interesting if they stuck with SPOILERS vergil being a good guy all the way to the end, and made Mundas out to be more of a necessary evil.

I had no complaints about the action or the visuals, but if they do get to do a sequel, less swearing/one liners and a few more surprises would be nice.