So what about Ninja Theory?

#1Famine_10f4Posted 1/31/2013 4:23:26 PM
Any word on how sales were? I have this feeling that Ninja Theory will unfortunately go under if DmC doesn't do well enough. I get they aren't exactly great for gameplay, at least perhaps to some, but I always enjoyed their stories (thus far).

DmC's story wasn't great either, but it had some bright moments, and I likes some of the ideas and creativity.

But anyways, I hope they are here to stay for a while yet, there isn't enough studios out there that care too much about story driven games these days.
---
In an insane world, a sane man must appear insane.
#2Pesmerga255Posted 1/31/2013 4:24:47 PM
NT are overrated and only ever produce mediocre games.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3ShadowZero007Posted 1/31/2013 4:25:06 PM
I don't see how they'd go under considering Capcom has already paid them
Not to mention it was very well received and was a chart topper even if the sales were a bit underwhelming,

NT'll be fine; as will Capcom most likely.
What I do wonder is if we'll see more collaboration between the two in the future.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#4KyryloPosted 1/31/2013 4:25:21 PM
Famine_10f4 posted...
Any word on how sales were? I have this feeling that Ninja Theory will unfortunately go under if DmC doesn't do well enough. I get they aren't exactly great for gameplay, at least perhaps to some, but I always enjoyed their stories (thus far).

DmC's story wasn't great either, but it had some bright moments, and I likes some of the ideas and creativity.

But anyways, I hope they are here to stay for a while yet, there isn't enough studios out there that care too much about story driven games these days.

they turned into capcom lapdogs.
#5SigmaHacielPosted 1/31/2013 4:26:28 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
NT are overrated and only ever produce mediocre games.

A reason why it got compared to Suda.
#6shatterstarPosted 1/31/2013 4:29:56 PM
Famine_10f4 posted...

How so?

The developer gets paid up front. Capcom hired them to reboot a franchise that they personally own and publish. Not NT looking for a publisher for a franchise that they're creating like they did with Heavenly Sword.

They're also working on a new project as we speak and was working on it while working on DmC.
#7Pesmerga255Posted 1/31/2013 4:31:04 PM
shatterstar posted...
Famine_10f4 posted...

How so?

The developer gets paid up front. Capcom hired them to reboot a franchise that they personally own and publish. Not NT looking for a publisher for a franchise that they're creating like they did with Heavenly Sword.

They're also working on a new project as we speak and was working on it while working on DmC.

Did your bosses at Crapcom tell you that?
---
#8KyryloPosted 1/31/2013 4:31:07 PM
shatterstar posted...
Famine_10f4 posted...

How so?

oh, MFG. Where are you clawed from? Ignore list.
#9Pesmerga255Posted 1/31/2013 4:34:49 PM
Kyrylo, I think I'll do the same. He's insufferable.
---
#10Famine_10f4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 4:35:32 PM
To me it is irrelevant that they haven't made a stellar game yet (although I enjoyed Enslaved). I feel that they are one of the few remaining developers that actually give a toss about story driven games, and care alot about creativity and character development. To be honest I think DmC might have been better had Ninja Theory/Capcom stuck to their guns and didn't try to please the fans.

I am anticipating their next game, if they have one. I hope it is an original IP though.
---
In an insane world, a sane man must appear insane.