Why should I stop comparing this to the older games?

#1LoshadtPosted 1/31/2013 7:54:28 PM
The references in achievements, the names, even the title, all these things tell me what game it SHOULD be but isn't. Everybody involved keeps telling me this is Devil May Cry. So why can't I compare it to other Devil May Cry games? It's because it is plainly obvious that this game can't stand up under its own power. Everything it does has been done before, better might I add. Instead of trying to be it's own game, it tried to be other games.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#2Windmaster715Posted 1/31/2013 7:58:04 PM
answer to your question:

because you touch yourself at night
---
Ignore my typos
#3DuuuDe14Posted 1/31/2013 7:58:22 PM
Only trolls really say that. And people looking to defend this game. If it shares its name and is talk of as to feel just like it then it should be compared the same.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#4Loshadt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:59:15 PM(edited)
Only trolls really say that. And people looking to defend this game. If it shares its name and is talk of as to feel just like it then it should be compared the same.

Dude... what? It's like you ran the second part of your sentence through google translate a couple of times.
---
I <3 Jesus.
#5DuuuDe14Posted 1/31/2013 8:00:41 PM
Sorry, not really paying attention. DmC was hyped to feel just like DMC and that veterans would feel at home. Along with the fact it shares the same name it should be judged to DMC's standards.
---
#6Loshadt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:02:47 PM
Sorry, not really paying attention. DmC was hyped to feel just like DMC and that veterans would feel at home. Along with the fact it shares the same name it should be judged to DMC's standards.

Oh, yes that makes much more sense. And I agree.

They started out that way too. Honestly the game would have been better (maybe, it IS NT after all) if they stuck to their guns and made an original game rather than the jackass of all trades.
---
I <3 Jesus.
#7DuuuDe14Posted 1/31/2013 8:03:36 PM
Loshadt posted...

Oh, yes that makes much more sense. And I agree.

They started out that way too. Honestly the game would have been better (maybe, it IS NT after all) if they stuck to their guns and made an original game rather than the jackass of all trades.

Brand recognition. All it is.
---
#8Loshadt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:04:51 PM
Brand recognition. All it is.

I meant within the scope of the reboot. Emo donte was an idiotic concept, but at least it would have been original.
---
I <3 Jesus.
#9ZeroArcheryPosted 1/31/2013 8:06:06 PM
I don't compare it to the old games, because it has nothing to do with the old games.

It's a reboot. It's the same we don't talk about the Transformer's Movies from recent, with Transformers the Movie from the 80s. They're separate series and iterations.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#10Loshadt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:08:30 PM
I don't compare it to the old games, because it has nothing to do with the old games.

It's a reboot. It's the same we don't talk about the Transformer's Movies from recent, with Transformers the Movie from the 80s. They're separate series and iterations.

It has nothing to do with the older games as long as you ignore the constant references, sharing the same title, being published by the same company, and being told it was like the old games.
---
I <3 Jesus.