DmC as a game.

#41KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/2/2013 1:27:26 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
sjwho2 posted...
I think people often get the "like" and "grading" of a game mixed up.

I like EDF2017, its a horrible game though. Even if you like DmC, the game itself isn't anything above average.

What the **** am I reading.

As in which game is that, or as in "You must be joking"?
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#42sjwho2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 1:27:55 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
sjwho2 posted...

I like EDF2017, its a horrible game though. Even if you like DmC, the game itself isn't anything above average.

Sorry you couldn't comprehend.

Games can be fun no matter how awful they are, but that doesn't make them good games.
#43SlaveBladePosted 2/2/2013 1:48:17 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
sjwho2 posted...

As in he most be joking. It's far and away not a bad game, by any stretch. If you can love DMC for being cheesy over the top and difficult, you can love EDF2017 for being very campy over the top and difficult. Not to mention, very, VERY few games have nailed down the feel that EDF conveys, that 'oh ****' factor. When a huge insect hoard charges at you at high speeds, and you're backed up against any terrain, that's terrifying.

But whatever.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#44sjwho2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 2:12:41 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
sjwho2 posted...

As in he most be joking. It's far and away not a bad game, by any stretch. If you can love DMC for being cheesy over the top and difficult, you can love EDF2017 for being very campy over the top and difficult. Not to mention, very, VERY few games have nailed down the feel that EDF conveys, that 'oh ****' factor. When a huge insect hoard charges at you at high speeds, and you're backed up against any terrain, that's terrifying.

But whatever.

Yeah.......I love EDF2017(beat inferno even). But, its not a well made game.
------------------------------

That is my point. DmC is average. Whether you like the game or not it is average.
#45SlaveBladePosted 2/2/2013 9:17:53 AM
sjwho2 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
sjwho2 posted...

But whatever.

Yeah.......I love EDF2017(beat inferno even). But, its not a well made game.
------------------------------

That is my point. DmC is average. Whether you like the game or not it is average.

How is EDF not well made, I'm still waiting on this.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#46ReliusCloverPosted 2/2/2013 11:09:51 AM
Some people like crap. Can't blame them. Just like how some people marry ugly people. They can't help it. Let the fools enjoy their game and ugly women.
---
- Father of the Year Award recipient -
#47darkestmercPosted 2/2/2013 11:22:54 AM
sjwho2 posted...

Story: Interesting enough.
Characters: Original and fun.
Combat: Amazing.
Platforming: Well polished and fun.
Puzzles: At a perfect difficulty to keep the action going.
Unlockable/Upgrade system: Mediocre.

This is what I personally feel. Overall the game deserves about a 7.5/10 maybe an 8 if you plan on playing the harder difficulties.
---
PSN: Darkestmerc
Xbox 360 GT: Darkermerc
#48sjwho2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 6:12:13 PM
darkestmerc posted...
sjwho2 posted...

Story: Interesting enough.
Characters: Original and fun.
Combat: Amazing.
Platforming: Well polished and fun.
Puzzles: At a perfect difficulty to keep the action going.
Unlockable/Upgrade system: Mediocre.

This is what I personally feel. Overall the game deserves about a 7.5/10 maybe an 8 if you plan on playing the harder difficulties.

It deserves a 6-7/10, it provides nothing new to gaming and your money is best worth spent elsewhere.
#49ReliusCloverPosted 2/3/2013 6:13:02 PM
sjwho2 posted...
As a game, not even relating this to the original, DmC is nothing special.

Story: Boring and uninspired.
Characters: Unlikeable.
Combat: Average.
Platforming: Repetitive.
Puzzles: Not even.
Unlockable/Upgrade system: Boring.

Sorry, I just don't see how people like the game and praise it. Its nothing special, the entire game is essentially average or worse on every level. Regardless of being a "DMC" game, this game is below average across the board.
----------------------

I see all these "this game is amazing" topics(some trolls) when it really, really isn't.

O_O Are people really making threads saying "its amazing" just to troll/spite the anti's? Doesn't that put you on the same level?

This is a good post.
---
- Father of the Year Award recipient -
#50Thorn14Posted 2/3/2013 6:34:27 PM
Why is it whenever someone criticizes this game, they are blindly labeled as "haters"?