What was your favorite Boss Fight in DmC? [spoilers ahead]

#1SHMYazooPosted 2/1/2013 5:22:02 PM
Which one was the best boss fight in DmC? - Results (104 votes)
Hunter demon. (mission 1)
2.88% (3 votes)
Poison / Succubus. (mission 6)
1.92% (2 votes)
Bob Barbas. (mission 10)
49.04% (51 votes)
Mundus' Spawn. (mission 14)
2.88% (3 votes)
Mundus. (mission 19)
0.96% (1 votes)
Vergil. (mission 20)
42.31% (44 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Not which one was easier / tougher, just which one was the most fun to fight against. I'll have to go with Vergil. For a while there, I thought they wouldn't turn Vergil into an enemy, but they did and it was lots of fun. I specially liked the small talks between the brothers during the battle. I also liked the use of doppleganger and how you had to end the fight in the DT form, which was crucial to what happened after the fight, the whole Dante transformation.

What about you?
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#2Scott1112Posted 2/1/2013 5:33:26 PM
Going with Vergil because IMO, it was the only boss for which you really needed to try to beat. The Hunter wasn't too bad either, but it just took too many hits standing there.

Bob Barbas was original but too easy.

Mundus' Spawn just stood there taking hits.

Mundus was a joke.

Poison was OK, but very easy once you get the pattern down.
#3OutsiderHallPosted 2/1/2013 7:26:57 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
Not which one was easier / tougher, just which one was the most fun to fight against. I'll have to go with Vergil. For a while there, I thought they wouldn't turn Vergil into an enemy, but they did and it was lots of fun. I specially liked the small talks between the brothers during the battle. I also liked the use of doppleganger and how you had to end the fight in the DT form, which was crucial to what happened after the fight, the whole Dante transformation.

What about you?

i choose Vergil as well. because the stragtegy against him is similar to fighting dreamrunner, which i enjoy a lot.
#4OutsiderHallPosted 2/1/2013 7:29:30 PM
and did we really get to fight Mundus? cuz i was thinking damn why am i fighting Megatron the whole time o_O
#5chaotix247Posted 2/1/2013 7:35:34 PM
None.
---
I am so DAMN pissed at Capcom yet I shell out money like an idiot anyway.
Currently Playing - RE6, Black Ops 2, RE4, DMCHD, RECVX
#6GoreGrossPosted 2/1/2013 7:36:54 PM
Going with Vergil because IMO, it was the only boss for which you really needed to try to beat. The Hunter wasn't too bad either, but it just took too many hits standing there.

Bob Barbas was original but too easy.

Mundus' Spawn just stood there taking hits.

Mundus was a joke.

Poison was OK, but very easy once you get the pattern down.

Lol nah. Shotgun for swords. Get some distance, parry one. Go in for the kill. His attacks are heavily telegraphed and easy to dodge, so take advantage of Demon Evade. Rinse, repeat. His clone only makes it easier because he increases the window of time in which you can get the demon evade bonus. Finish with DT. Very formulaic (like most other DmC bosses) rather than strategic or skill-based. You'll get a SSS rank easily.
---
Currently Playing: Far Cry 3, Darksiders 2, and Vanquish. Anticipating: MGR:R, Bioshock Infinite, Pokemon X and KHHD.
#7Lioyd_the_heroPosted 2/1/2013 8:38:00 PM
In this order

1) Bob Barbas
2) Vergil
3) Sucubus
4) Lilith and Child
5) Hunter Demon
6) Mundus
---
PSN howling_red
#8DarkAdonis123Posted 2/1/2013 8:48:14 PM
People actually liked the Vergil fight? And people actually liked it enough to proclaim it as their favorite?
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#9SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 8:49:36 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
People actually liked the Vergil fight? And people actually liked it enough to proclaim it as their favorite?

It was very good, in my opinion. Only Vergil 1 was better, because of the fantastic setting and atmosphere and build-up.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#10DarkAdonis123Posted 2/1/2013 9:49:36 PM
I don't know, I didn't think it was good at all. He was very underpowered to be a final boss. Very predictable attack pattern, and he telegraphed everything making him super easy to read. It also seemed like every few hits there was a cutscene of him getting knocked down. Once you get past the "I'm fighting Vergil!" hype, there really isn't anything there that makes the fight good.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue