patching costs money

#11SilentS89Posted 2/2/2013 6:23:38 AM
King_Zaniac posted...
Patches do cost money but this game has already been patched for several things. The PC version has anyway. Not sure if the console version will get the patch.

Ninja Theory outsourced the PC version, apparently to a better company.

This topic is about how unlikely it is for the console versions to get a patch.
#12stevenbobPosted 2/2/2013 6:25:57 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
Isn't the first patch free?

Fake edit. Yeah, I checked a bit and it seems so. Still, some companies won't bother even doing the first free patch (coughBayoPS3Segacough).

patching ps3 is actually very cheap xbox is the one that cost money and they did use there first patch

King_Zaniac posted...
Patches do cost money.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/183095-it-costs-40000-to-patch-a-game

It can cost a great deal of money to patch a game. Though I'm not entirely sure of the amount the article says. The PC version of this game has been patched for several things. I'm not sure if the console version will get the patch.

different dev team have different ideas I have a feeling NT will patch there game only if capcom makes them but even then I doubt it because of the sales
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#13King_ZaniacPosted 2/2/2013 6:27:29 AM
SilentS89 posted...
King_Zaniac posted...
Patches do cost money but this game has already been patched for several things. The PC version has anyway. Not sure if the console version will get the patch.

Ninja Theory outsourced the PC version, apparently to a better company.

This topic is about how unlikely it is for the console versions to get a patch.

Tameem has stated on twitter that the game won't be patched. But because of the PC version getting patched I'm not sure anymore. Honestly though I don't think it will.
#14SilentS89Posted 2/2/2013 6:27:32 AM
stevenbob posted...
different dev team have different ideas I have a feeling NT will patch there game only if capcom makes them but even then I doubt it because of the sales

Did NT ever patch Heavenly Sword or Enslaved?
#15_Uwye_Posted 2/2/2013 6:37:37 AM
stevenbob posted...
_Uwye_ posted...

Fake edit. Yeah, I checked a bit and it seems so. Still, some companies won't bother even doing the first free patch (coughBayoPS3Segacough).

patching ps3 is actually very cheap xbox is the one that cost money and they did use there first patch

They did!? Didn't hear of that. What did they fix though?
#16SilentS89Posted 2/2/2013 7:27:37 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
stevenbob posted...
_Uwye_ posted...

They did!? Didn't hear of that. What did they fix though?

Anyone know about this?
#17tehdud(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 4:58:27 PM
fake
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#18Dante3hscPosted 2/3/2013 1:20:22 AM
_Uwye_ posted...

they did do a patch. it added the ability to install the game to HDD to reduce the loading time problems the PS3 version had that the 360 version didnt...
---
Oac, So cek ec eh Al Bhed... fro? Lyica E's YFACUSA mega dryd!! :D
#19_Uwye_Posted 2/3/2013 3:35:20 AM
Dante3hsc posted...
_Uwye_ posted...

they did do a patch. it added the ability to install the game to HDD to reduce the loading time problems the PS3 version had that the 360 version didnt...

No, it was actually Sony that made it for Sega(?).

http://gematsu.com/2010/01/bayonetta-ps3-patch-was-created-by-sony

Don't ask me why, it's strange that Sony decided to do themselves a patch for the game, given its "low" sales.
#20Dante3hscPosted 2/3/2013 4:12:39 AM
Ah fair enough.

Maybe it counted as their free patch? Lol
---
Oac, So cek ec eh Al Bhed... fro? Lyica E's YFACUSA mega dryd!! :D