Street Fighter is the only hope left.

#11SiLVeR_420Posted 2/2/2013 12:58:00 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
RE: Revelations isn't that bad. I think Resident Evil can recover because Capcom can still do that sort of bleak, dreary atmosphere and tension when they try.

I really hope that reboot actually happens. It'd be the best decision Capcom has made in years.

I'd rather the next one wrap up what RE6 didn't first.
The AdaxLeon story needs to be resolved atleast.
The Family and the Alex Wesker thing can be droped..so either kill Ada or let her and Leon finally be with each other. Either way it needs to be resolved.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#12rice_noodlesPosted 2/2/2013 1:05:18 AM
Capcom still has MonHun. Let's see if they **** that one up.
#13Psychochild27Posted 2/2/2013 1:25:57 AM(edited)
SiLVeR_420 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
RE: Revelations isn't that bad. I think Resident Evil can recover because Capcom can still do that sort of bleak, dreary atmosphere and tension when they try.

I really hope that reboot actually happens. It'd be the best decision Capcom has made in years.

I'd rather the next one wrap up what RE6 didn't first.
The AdaxLeon story needs to be resolved atleast.
The Family and the Alex Wesker thing can be droped..so either kill Ada or let her and Leon finally be with each other. Either way it needs to be resolved.

I never cared about Ada/Leon's relationship in the first place to demand that sort of closure, Chris' story arch had tied up nicely with RE5 and only seems to exist in RE6 because... well, we REALLY needed a CoD style campaign and with regards to Jake, I'll be honest. I hated what I played of Jake's campaign so much, I never got past his second act.

At the same time my time with Revelations has shown me that as long as Resident Evil can provide that very specific feel of the older games with a strong setting, gameplay tuned to make even a one vs. one fight against a monster exciting and stressful and anything more than that something you dread but -still- sort of look forward to along with the sort of cramped, claustrophobic, atmospheric environments the series used to be known for, the universe it takes place in doesn't matter.

In short, I can go either which way on this one. I know how much it sucks to have loose threads left when a series of a franchise "Dies" so I'm willing to endure a Resident Evil 7 so long as they go back to their roots with the gameplay/environment design like with Revelations, but I won't miss it too much if they decide otherwise and reboot the franchise straight out.

/they could also resolve it in a film like Degenerations if they want to jump straight into a reboot, but what do I know?
#14Cypher0120Posted 2/2/2013 1:22:53 AM
StrykeBlayde posted...
Dino Crisis Remake would be VERY successful.

They just have to make it >_>

A certain boss fight in Leon's Scenario in RE6 would have fit in much better in a Dino Crisis game.
---
Master: Yuuka Kazami. Servant: Gilgamesh
OTP: Yuuka/Gilgamesh
#15KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/2/2013 1:26:39 AM
Cypher0120 posted...
StrykeBlayde posted...

A certain boss fight in Leon's Scenario in RE6 would have fit in much better in a Dino Crisis game.

^This. That fight was beyond stupid. My brother and I made Jurassic Park T Rex noises the entire time because we couldn't take it seriously.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#16Cypher0120Posted 2/2/2013 1:28:37 AM
Actually, here's a thought. Would people have accepted a reboot of Dino Crisis using Resident Evil 6's graphics and controls better than Resident Evil 6 itself?
---
Master: Yuuka Kazami. Servant: Gilgamesh
OTP: Yuuka/Gilgamesh
#17SiLVeR_420Posted 2/2/2013 1:38:09 AM
Cypher0120 posted...
Actually, here's a thought. Would people have accepted a reboot of Dino Crisis using Resident Evil 6's graphics and controls better than Resident Evil 6 itself?

I think they would have. As much as I love Dino Crisis 1 it was a bit better as an action game which is what it turned into with 2.
---
Forgive the name.
#18Psychochild27Posted 2/2/2013 1:44:42 AM(edited)
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Cypher0120 posted...
StrykeBlayde posted...

^This. That fight was beyond stupid. My brother and I made Jurassic Park T Rex noises the entire time because we couldn't take it seriously.

God, RE6 is forgettable. I rented it in December and I had to sit here for three minutes trying to remember which one you could've been talking about.

/I concur. Doubt it'd be any more fun in a Dino Crisis game though.

I dunno. RE6's graphics were fine, but those controls were so squirrely it took me all of Chris' playthrough to adjust. I don't know why they abandoned RE5's controls when it was perfectly functional and felt so good there.
#19SiLVeR_420Posted 2/2/2013 1:55:58 AM(edited)
People complained about the tank controls and not being able to move&shoot.

Me personally I live tank controls.
And RE6s controls only took be Leons demo to get used to but I could see how people would have trouble adjusting.

Edit: I should add that the people that complained about the tank controls were the ones that started playing Resident Evil with either RE4 or RE5.

---
Forgive the name.