Gregaman actually answered my question about revising a DMC2 Remake

#1ReceiverxWisdomPosted 2/2/2013 10:33:36 AM
Gregaman: There's a difference between listening to fan feedback to gauge trends and granting the wishes of each individual fan. While I'd be thrilled to see the Devil May Cry brand grow as prolific as Mega Man (remember, MM has averaged more than 5 games a year for 25 years), I'm not sure a DMC2 remake is the most marketable direction for the series, especially when you consider how confused the original timeline already is, plus the fact that we've just rebooted the brand with a new universe and timeline.

REmake was a way to utilize the brand new hardware of the time to retroactively do justice to a title that was already beloved. Not sure we could garner enough support to warrant revisiting DMC2 specifically, especially considering we don't even have an RE2 remake and there's been an active fanbase rallying for that.

Source: http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29753809/if-capcom-listens-to-fan-suggestions-then-why-not-right-the-wrongs-of-the-past-with-a-dmc2-remake?pg=last#528652223

^ Seems like a no go from a marketing standpoint. I just thought it would be interesting if they could go back and fix the problems that game had with a brand new uphauled remake considering how bad DMC2 was. I'm kinda surprised Gregaman cleared it all up. I'm glad he wants to see the product name grow and hopefully that means the Devil May Cry brand won't look grim in terms of future installments.

Feel free to share your thoughts. Pro or Anti.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#2Rising_shadowPosted 2/2/2013 10:35:12 AM
The series will never grow to MM levels, much less with NT on the job.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#3dillpickle69Posted 2/2/2013 10:40:05 AM
They should do what they did with MM then and at least try to get fans to support it enough so they can see what would happen, though I doubt this is ever going to happen, especially when he brought up that point with the RE2 remake. The only way I see DMC5 successfully explaining Nero's backstory without something stupid or unrealistic (even for DMC) is if they disregard their previous statements of it taking place a year after DMC1, and say it took place 5 years after. That way it wouldn't be so weird if Vergil fathered a son or if he was a clone of Vergil or something.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#4ReceiverxWisdom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:41:22 AM(edited)
The series will never grow to MM levels, much less with NT on the job.

Yes, I don't appreciate NT's DmC either..but if they want to grow as a franchise they might as well at least try to make a modest effort to appease all sides of the argument in the future. At least this reboot is still an alternate universe that isn't superseding the old one. Thank god for that much.
---
#5DuuuDe14Posted 2/2/2013 10:41:19 AM
As long as there's hope. I'll be here.

*sits on Dante's chair*
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#6ReceiverxWisdom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:47:42 AM
They should do what they did with MM then and at least try to get fans to support it enough so they can see what would happen, though I doubt this is ever going to happen, especially when he brought up that point with the RE2 remake. The only way I see DMC5 successfully explaining Nero's backstory without something stupid or unrealistic (even for DMC) is if they disregard their previous statements of it taking place a year after DMC1, and say it took place 5 years after. That way it wouldn't be so weird if Vergil fathered a son or if he was a clone of Vergil or something.

Dude, I f***ing agree. Just look at what he said about the RE2 Remake, they flat out came out and said "if fans give positive feedback, we'll rally for it as priority one on the remake table." So many people want that RE2 remake and they were quick to acknowledge it. At the same time, it's Capcom of today. My gut isn't so quick to trust "fan supportive projects" from Capcom. I am worrisome when and if they come out to admit that the future of old Dante rests in our hands that it might a strong be a good possibility the fans could get dicked over from "not enough support".

*Still can't get over the Megaman Legends 3 situation*

-____________-
---
#7ReceiverxWisdom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:49:22 AM

*sits on Dante's chair*

*sits in Vergil's chair*
You shall die....
*ahem* What I meant to say was....agreed.
---
#8dillpickle69Posted 2/2/2013 10:54:59 AM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...

*sits on Dante's chair*

*sits in Vergil's chair*
You shall die....

*sits in Nero's chair*
KYRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#9RayconPosted 2/2/2013 11:03:12 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
ReceiverxWisdom posted...

*sits on Dante's chair*

*sits in Vergil's chair*
You shall die....

*sits in Nero's chair*
KYRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

XD
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#10DarkAdonis123Posted 2/2/2013 11:14:04 AM
Games take considerably more time and money to make now. So for that reason alone reaching the MM level just isn't possible anymore
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue