#21ReceiverxWisdom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 2:08:12 PM
My sentiments exactly, Loshadt.
o_o
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#22SiLVeR_420Posted 2/2/2013 2:12:31 PM
Loshadt posted...
The fact that not everyone knows that it goes 3-1-4-2 apparently. Or something. That part makes no sense, sounds more like an excuse..

I wasn't aware that 2 was even IN the timeline. I thought they retconned it out of existence.

That'd make Gregamans claim that the original timeline is confusing even more stupid then it already is.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#23ReceiverxWisdom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 2:14:27 PM
^ Lol
---
#24_Uwye_Posted 2/2/2013 2:28:23 PM(edited)
Loshadt posted...
The fact that not everyone knows that it goes 3-1-4-2 apparently. Or something. That part makes no sense, sounds more like an excuse..

I wasn't aware that 2 was even IN the timeline. I thought they retconned it out of existence.

For some reason they decided to not pull the discontinuity card, but "solved" the problem by retconning the game into being Dante's last adventure in the continuity, no matter how many games the series could have had.

ReceiverxWisdom posted...
Also I don't know where people take the age of Dante from. From comments made by Reuben Lagdon Dante is supposed to be in his mid-thirties in DMC4, and if capcom really wanted Nero to be Vergil's son...he would need to be in his mid-thirties.

Isn't DMC4 Dante 29 years old?
Honestly didn't the novel that dubbed Nero as Vergil's son get considered as "non-canon"?
Even if it's canon that is something that had to be addressed if they continue DMC lore.

The topic of Dante's age is a bit of a mess. The (canon) anime puts Dante in his late 20s/30 years old from what I've heard, but there's nothing in DMC4 that explicitely gives his age. Fans use every bit of info available unless it's stated it's not canon but they should use a bit of common sense in cases like this. Errors do happen and if Capcom's plan was/is indeed for Nero to be Vergil's son it's obvious that we should discard the anime induced plot hole.
#25Ether101Posted 2/2/2013 3:09:48 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
They should do what they did with MM then and at least try to get fans to support it enough so they can see what would happen, though I doubt this is ever going to happen, especially when he brought up that point with the RE2 remake. The only way I see DMC5 successfully explaining Nero's backstory without something stupid or unrealistic (even for DMC) is if they disregard their previous statements of it taking place a year after DMC1, and say it took place 5 years after. That way it wouldn't be so weird if Vergil fathered a son or if he was a clone of Vergil or something.

That still wouldn't work because the Order didn't know who Nero was until after the fact. There's also the problem that Berial makes it clear that he met somebody with Nero's abilities before or why Dante knew so much about Nero that the Order didn't.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#26shatterstarPosted 2/2/2013 3:40:43 PM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
That's the point of the whole reboot, they're not going back. What you should be worried about is... Will they continue to follow this direction or have another developer express their own vision of DMC.

Basically the originals aren't even an option anymore.

Let's break your little heart, Shatter.
Step by Step:

1.You have no proof.

2.DmC has bad sales.

3.Bad sales usually doesn't warrant too many sequels. (Especially these days where the only things whored into franchises are big time 'killer apps' which DmC is not.)

4.Capcom is only revising ideas with 'marketable, positive weight." DmC was not only received as largely negative. (See number 2&3) If it came down to fan support over what the next DMC game should be DmC2 would lose over DMC5. Pure fact.

5.There's no indication of DMC being dead.

6.Read more into the term "alternative dimension". It never effected comic books far as I know. (Ultimate spider-man and amazing spider still existed at one point. They could do the same thing here.) Gregaman also stated Old Dante's verse remains untouched.

7.Ninja Theory doesn't OWN the official rights to any form of the DMC franchise nor has Capcom contracted them on board for sequels as it stands. (If this was the case, DmC2 would've already be confirmed. Capcom had no problem signing on Blue Castle to work on the Dead Rising IP and releasing that intel publicly). So no. Ninja Theory is NOT on board for DmC2 yet, at least as far we know.

8.You're a known presumptuous DmC fanboy and a liar, I'll believe it when I see it.
Until you provide some hard evidence I'm calling you out on your bullcrap.

It also doesn't warrant the continuation of the originals now does it?But a DmC movie is already in product does warrant future DmC's but I hear nothing about DMC5. But only that Capcom felt that after DMC4, they've reached an end with the originals.

So not supporting DmC, means not supporting this movie that's in production. So either way you look at it, this is the direction they're going with for the time being.

So if I were you, I would be making suggestions on what developer you would like working on it if NT decides not to do another one that is.

So mate.

You're not breaking my heart. You're just setting yourself up for your own heart to be broken.
#27ReceiverxWisdom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 5:10:28 PM(edited)
It also doesn't warrant the continuation of the originals now does it?

Once again, your precious little attempt at NT rebooting the franchise bombed. It's not my fault you can't grasp the concept of it. I'm not catering to so many mass presumptions like you do, but I am almost 99% certain a big vocal majority of this fanbase wants to see DMC continue and as I stated before if it came to fan voting, you would be severely screwed out of a DmC2. Also didn't you get banned from Unity? Even Capcom doesn't want f*** all to do with you, Shatterstar. Lmao.

Bottom line, Capcom is looking for SALES and POPULARITY for their ongoing series...if they decide the original DMC makes them monstrously moneyhungry again, I bet five bucks Capcom will literally tell NT to go **** themselves at the value of a dollar.

But a DmC movie is already in product does warrant future DmC's but I hear nothing about

A movie from screen gems that nobody is going to give a crap about considering the fact these are the same producers who greenlit the Resident Evil abominations. Capcom themselves doesn't take responsibility in live action movies. (I assume they only receive financial cuts of the money from licensing and trademarks. That's it.).

Sven made this loud and clear on CU. What's your point? Because it won't prove any further pre-planned exposure behind the scenes for DmC if Capcom has no hands in this project. I don't see how that will make DmC's future bright if the movie turns out to be s*** (Plus it's a video game movie, it's virtually destined to fail).

But only that Capcom felt that after DMC4, they've reached an end with the originals.

When did they say that? Despite DMC4 being cut in production time the game still sold well unlike this garbage. Capcom probably had numerous reasons for off-shooting the Devil May Cry series to a western dev. The only thing Capcom said was that NT was going to reboot DMC in a "parallel universe". There has NEVER been any documented indication of the old series ending.

The real fate of DMC isn't a giant mystery if Gregaman clearly wants this franchise to "expand". You know what that means, if they are (hopefully) going to expand they have to be varied (i.e. keeping DMC and DmC). You need to think more often, champ.

So not supporting DmC, means not supporting this movie that's in production. So either way you look at it, this is the direction they're going with for the time being.

Read the above for Capcom having nothing to do with the live action film.
So that means no one is supporting this garbage now? Good. If DMC goes down with DmC, it really won't be a huge super huge blow when it comes to moving forward. There will always be a company to succeed your causalized experience in the future with a much more excellent predecessor to take the reigns.

So if I were you, I would be making suggestions on what developer you would like working on it if NT decides not to do another one that is.

Well if Capcom ever goes bankrupt (Never say never. THQ anyone?) and they get passed around like a piece pipe, I'm sure hoping Platinum Games will make the bid to pick this series up. I'd be a happy camper then, buddy.

So mate.

You're not breaking my heart. You're just setting yourself up for your own heart to be broken.

Do you always sound like a mongoloid with those "mate" retorts, Dundee? I'm just going to say you aren't as awesome as your self proclaimed pioneered aussie in the cowboy hat.

I just LOVE it when pros are so up in arms with DmC. My heart is just fine, brother. May want to get that brain checked out through. Severe case of denial at work for you.
---
#28dillpickle69Posted 2/2/2013 7:33:51 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Wait what's so confusing about the timeline?
Whats hard about knowing it goes 3-1-4-2?

The fact that not everyone knows that it goes 3-1-4-2 apparently. Or something. That part makes no sense, sounds more like an excuse.

dillpickle69 posted...
The fact that there is no way to explain Nero without sounding stupid or farfetched. The way it is now, the company obviously wanted to say he's Vergil's son, BUT Nero's 17-19, and Dante's 29, which means Vergil would have had to have done the nasty at 10-12.

There are multiple ways to explain Nero without sounding stupid or farfetched.

Also I don't know where people take the age of Dante from. From comments made by Reuben Lagdon Dante is supposed to be in his mid-thirties in DMC4, and if capcom really wanted Nero to be Vergil's son...he would need to be in his mid-thirties.

In interviews it's been stated that DMC4 takes place 10 years after DMC3, where Dante was 19. If you want to know how I know he was 19, DMC3 takes place a year after the DMC3 manga. Need more? In the DMC3 manga, Dante tells Vergil he hasn't seen him in 10 years. Dante and Vergil got seperated when they were 8, making Dante 18 in the manga, 19 a year later in DMC3, and 29 ten years after that in DMC4.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#29dillpickle69Posted 2/2/2013 7:37:21 PM
Ether101 posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
They should do what they did with MM then and at least try to get fans to support it enough so they can see what would happen, though I doubt this is ever going to happen, especially when he brought up that point with the RE2 remake. The only way I see DMC5 successfully explaining Nero's backstory without something stupid or unrealistic (even for DMC) is if they disregard their previous statements of it taking place a year after DMC1, and say it took place 5 years after. That way it wouldn't be so weird if Vergil fathered a son or if he was a clone of Vergil or something.

That still wouldn't work because the Order didn't know who Nero was until after the fact. There's also the problem that Berial makes it clear that he met somebody with Nero's abilities before or why Dante knew so much about Nero that the Order didn't.

These are legit questions, not being condescending. That being said, When was it implied that the Order know nothing about Nero? If I remember right, Sanctus knew Nero had Sparda's blood. Didn't Berial mean Sparda? I'm probably wrong here, but I think he said he hasn't been in the human world for 2000 years, which would scream Sparda. When did Dante imply he knew about Nero? I just remember him taking an interest in him.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#30Hunter1534Posted 2/2/2013 8:33:49 PM
Dante is 19 in DMC 3. DMC 4 takes place 10 years after 3. He's 29....math ftw.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mwAxU6m.gif