Anyone hoping Vergil's Downfall doesn't end with... SPOILERS

#1TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 2/2/2013 3:35:26 PM
Vergil becoming DmC's Nelo Angelo? Mundus may still be alive, if he's "immortal"

I'm really liking Vergil's character as well-- I was a bit disappointed that he wasn't as combative as Classic Vergil, but in the DLC he looks like he's getting stronger and maybe strengthening his resolve?
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
Many people seem to forget the golden rule of the internet: "Everyone's entitled to their own opinion."
#2embittererPosted 2/2/2013 3:49:49 PM
I'm pretty sure its a prequel...
---
Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
#3shatterstarPosted 2/2/2013 3:50:16 PM
TaijutsuJoshua posted...
Vergil becoming DmC's Nelo Angelo? Mundus may still be alive, if he's "immortal"

I'm really liking Vergil's character as well-- I was a bit disappointed that he wasn't as combative as Classic Vergil, but in the DLC he looks like he's getting stronger and maybe strengthening his resolve?

He remained hidden and that's why he wasn't as combative. But at the end, you saw how much of a badass he can be.

Overall, Dante has the most experience fighting demons. Because he was doing it since age 7 until the age he is now.
#4Ink-RibbonPosted 2/2/2013 4:57:34 PM
It'll end with something bad to Vergil...

It's called Downfall for a reason. XD
#5TaijutsuJoshua(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 5:05:41 PM(edited)
Ink-Ribbon posted...

That was exactly why I thought what I did. It seems that way. But it can be figurative, like Vergil's dowmfall into a colder person bent on gaining power, like Classic Vergil.
---
Many people seem to forget the golden rule of the internet: "Everyone's entitled to their own opinion."
#6Ink-RibbonPosted 2/2/2013 5:27:47 PM
TaijutsuJoshua posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...

That was exactly why I thought what I did. It seems that way. But it can be figurative, like Vergil's dowmfall into a colder person bent on gaining power, like Classic Vergil.

I also agree with that possibility, though I still think something literally bad will happen to him.

I'm not sure about another Nelo Angelo. Maybe Mundus is still alive and enslaves Vergil.
#7zeroone01Posted 2/2/2013 5:45:58 PM
I'm hoping Vergil's Downfall will end up leading into a second DmC game where Vergil is the main bad guy behind everything. And we get to fight him multiple times like we did in DMC3, with him ( and Dante ) being more powerful in each meeting.

Just as long as they never use something like the second to last boss of DMC3, the infamous amorphous blob. "Hey, i just got the power of Sparda! Let me transform into a big ball of purple Jell-0!."
#8Green_PuffPosted 2/2/2013 5:47:39 PM
I have no sympathy for this universe Vergil... May he share the same fate as his father.
---
You will not forget this devils power!
#9fallenangel2100Posted 2/2/2013 6:03:41 PM
I actually hope since vergil is in hell hell find sparda kill him obtain his power and only cals himself nelo angelo as a symbollical way to hide from dante in the sequel
#10TaijutsuJoshua(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 6:14:50 PM
fallenangel2100 posted...
I actually hope since vergil is in hell hell find sparda kill him obtain his power and only cals himself nelo angelo as a symbollical way to hide from dante in the sequel

I always wondered if it was possible to rescue Sparda. If he's in Hell, can't the twins save him?
---