Kratos vs Dante

#291Hiryuu_TsurugiPosted 2/19/2013 1:48:54 PM
MrStarkiller posted...
Stuff!

First and foremost, your post is being quoted as "Stuff!" rather than the entire post so I can ensure room in my post for le talkings. No harm in that, broham.

Moving on.

There was nothing meaningless about the answer. It just doesn't resonate with you, because that's not why you play video games. You're welcome to that opinion, but gameplay alone is not enough to sell me on a game. It has to appeal more. Aesthetically, musically, in a gameplay fashion, in a lore-based fashion. Gameplay's just the skeleton of the overall being. It's gotta be more, ya dig?

Dude, don't back off from the challenge just because it's PvP. If we're talking a matter of skill, and your focus is looking beyond casual, you have to be able to apply in all territories. And I already told you, unless I can record my progress, there's no point in a single-player run. Expand beyond this little action game circle of yours. There's more out there. And as far as my word goes? In other settings, it has value. Great value even. It means nothing in a competitive context. I don't want any questions or raised eyebrows. Just straight up visual proof.

Demon's Souls is a wonderful challenge all itself. Self imposed challenges are nice and all, but wholeheartedly unnecessary. If that's what you're looking for, look elsewhere bro. Which means you can rest assured I won't be taking you up on that offer to handle God Hand with whatever challenge run it is you're suggesting, unless God Hand proves to be fun enough to warrant multiple playthroughs.

The glitch/exploit question was quite sufficiently answered. It sucks. But oh well. And life goes on. But since you require a more expansive answer, if I lose to them, I lost to them. No more, no less. If it's a glitch, there's usually nothing I can do about that. And if it's cheap tactics, I should have found a way around them, but I didn't. Such is life! On to the next opponent. And I have no idea who DSP is.

Can't help with that Monster Hunter question. Have another one?

Exactly what are exclamation points and emoticons hurting you any? I'm sure you've heard this before, but that sounds like a personal problem.

The pot calling the kettle black is an old idiom I'm sure you've heard of that has absolutely nothing to do with race. Don't get silly on me now.

I don't know why you've begun to refer to me as Heero, but I'm sure you can do better. That ain't my name. You don't see me misrepresenting your moniker, feel free to put forth that same respect. That aside, presenting negative opinion about a person's character as fact with no basis or knowledge of the person in such a fashion what with the metaphorical glove slappage, and taking of pieces of sentence out of context to make a snide remark, and thoroughly ignoring the other person's point of view in the interest of railroading them with your own is antagonistic. No more, no less. Do I view myself as the protagonist? No. That would be the same as assigning you the role of antagonist. This is not so black and white. But I am saying that you post in an antagonistic manner.

And lastly, my point was, answer the question as presented. Kratos vs. Dante? Not Kratos vs. Dante. vs Bayonetta. Remove her from the equation, and answer the question.
---
GT: FroznLockz, PSN: SpectreAlpha
"Tatakai no naka ni, kotai wo aru."
#292Malus_X6Posted 2/19/2013 1:49:52 PM
Malus: Come now.

Somehow, I highly doubt you have any idea to the events in which I infer.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#293Hiryuu_TsurugiPosted 2/19/2013 2:32:18 PM
Malus_X6 posted...

Mind if I inquire as to what's being referred to? Because I definitely don't know.
---
#294Malus_X6Posted 2/19/2013 5:43:04 PM
Malus_X6 posted...

Mind if I inquire as to what's being referred to? Because I definitely don't know.

There was a time, in the younger days of this board, when two users known as Toiletbrush_Tripweed and Ether_101 would be at each other's throats about another game, Metroid: Other M. I wasn't a pretty sight to behold. For many moons, these two would fight tooth and nail.

No, I'm not kidding. It went on for the longest time. The number of threads that had crossed into their line of fire was astounding. We lost count after a while, then many of us started to get tired of it and excluded them as much as we could.

I can't say for sure who won in the end since I really don't know. All I know is there's still an occasional blood spot to clean or a hole to patch up. This was also around the time the one known as shatterstar made his/her first appearance.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#295Hiryuu_TsurugiPosted 2/19/2013 9:29:44 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
Malus_X6 posted...

There was a time, in the younger days of this board, when two users known as Toiletbrush_Tripweed and Ether_101 would be at each other's throats about another game, Metroid: Other M. I wasn't a pretty sight to behold. For many moons, these two would fight tooth and nail.

No, I'm not kidding. It went on for the longest time. The number of threads that had crossed into their line of fire was astounding. We lost count after a while, then many of us started to get tired of it and excluded them as much as we could.

I can't say for sure who won in the end since I really don't know. All I know is there's still an occasional blood spot to clean or a hole to patch up. This was also around the time the one known as shatterstar made his/her first appearance.

Ah, I see. I was around during the earlier days of the board, but in a completely lurking capacity. I was mostly hanging around for news about the game, so I can see why I missed the wars.
---
#296MrStarkillerPosted 2/21/2013 8:24:36 AM
Heero: >no harm
It is misrepresentation and it is against the rules. Make multiple posts to accommodate.

>nothing meaningless
I'm comfortable with using an absolute here. It is entirely meaningless to just say "fun" is your aim without a great deal of qualifying, elaboration, etc.

>gotta be more
Nope. You're playing for the window dressing, lad.

>just because it's
Heresy is not to be tolerated. Recall what genre you speak of, sport.

>all territories
You planning on competing against me in glitching, speedrunning, values/percentile testing, etc. too? Come now. I'm sure I don't need to remind you about absolutes (again).

>there's more
Where is it that you imagine you are, friend?

>in other settings
Just not the one that matters (the one where our dealings occur).

>I want
How does that feel?

NOTE: So you ready to learn the ropes yet? Or do you plan on gassing yourself out in futile resistance of your benefactor?

>unnecessary
Royal, spells, etc. makes it all too clear this is untrue. How casual are you? So you're bad at that game too? The good doctor has some advice for you:

"Significant progress in the solutions of technical problems is frequently made not by a direct approach, but by first setting a goal of high challenge which offers a strong motivation for innovative work, which fires the imagination and spurs men to expend their best efforts, and which acts as a catalyst by including chains of other reactions." - Ernst Stuhlinger, Associate Director for Science

Insufficient challenge to be had in the path you take. Restriction breeds creativity. Higher obstacles for mastery with one's focus. Indeed, you still have much to learn.

>won't take on God Hand
"Ya scared?" - Dante

>nothing I can do
That you, DSP?

>should have found a way
Even if that means doing the same? Or will you refuse to adapt?

>don't know DSP
And you speak of the fighting game tourny scene? Where is your 'hate', boy?

>can't help
Then you are exceedingly useless to me on this front. It was the one task you had and you blew it.

>what are any
Awkward wording. Consider revision.

>old idiom
So now you're making insults to intellects of minorities? Is that how it was? I didn't think you so low. A casual and a scrub is one thing, but this is quite another.

>glove slaps
A teacher needs his tools for correction. I'm one for exploring all my avenues for a greater good.

>antagonistic
There you go again. Are you really so put off by disagreement? Gentlemen possess no such unsavory quality. Relish the opposition. In time, I will have taught to love it.

>post in noted manner
Naturally, given that we're of differing stances. Given that I'm bound to the task of aiding others, I can't give up on you even as you give up on yourself. Do not run from what is offered. You too can learn to play GoW properly. Bayonetta, Vanquish and more. You don't have to be terrible in all you do. It can be helped. I can helped it. You just have to place your faith in me. I'm great.

>remove her from the equation
Neither is capable of doing this. Bayonetta solos them both.

Malus: >Other M
Disgusting. A pair of casuals. Is this what you wanted to bore me with?

>I wasn't a pretty sight to behold
>I
Okay.

>longest time
You seem easily impressed.

>shatterstar
Tell me more.
#297BreakerDoorManPosted 2/21/2013 8:33:42 AM
*yawn*
What are you feckless neophytes up to now?
Yolo.
---
'Fraid so, broseph.
#298MrStarkillerPosted 2/21/2013 9:03:21 AM
^We're discussing boys. Care to join us?
#299rockman11_zPosted 2/21/2013 9:11:13 AM
MrStarkiller posted...
^We're discussing boys. Care to join us?

Quick question; do you have videos of your pro skills in God of War?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#300gokumadara1313Posted 2/21/2013 9:53:35 AM
TOAA beats bayo she'd lose billions of years before the fight even starts. That's how much more powerful he is. Also these can beat her
Asura
Kratos(GOD Kratos stomps)
Goku
Pre-crisis superman
The presence
The Living Tribunal
Thanos(HOTU)
Shuma gorath
Dr.Strange

Many more as well tbh TOAA can beat everyone and anything even if they came altogether minus The presence. Bayo is such a poorly written character, she was made as a joke character. I personally don't include Bayo in stuff she's more of an ostracized, and very very distant relative because she's mostly a clown girl character imo.
---
We have an uncanny, proclivity to long for relief from an arduous life. While we forget that existence in it's entirety, may be, what truly cannot be escaped.