Kratos vs Dante

#61Rising_shadowPosted 2/6/2013 6:05:45 PM
Someone give Asura a kitten and then shoot it. Majin Boo whonow.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#62PrimeSupergirlPosted 2/6/2013 6:07:57 PM
HellsController posted...
PrimeSupergirl posted...
If you want to get technical, Dante does not have Time stop in DMC4, DMC1 Requires a bangle of time which can only stop time on regular enemies. Unlocked only by Secret missions and can't use Devil Trigger while bangle is activated. Non Canon as well.

DMC3 Dante Quicksilver, Dante becomes faster, to the point everything looks slower. DMC2 He needs a amulet, never used storywise and it is useless after a few seconds.

God Kratos Stomps both.
Kratos is smarter, Physically stronger, better at magic and has faster than lightning reactions and Hermes Superspeed.You See? I can do this fanboy crap too.

Dante's overhyped as I said before, Kratos has too Instant kill attacks.

You already sounded like one. You just increased the level of it during your last post.

Stay Sore.
#63Rising_shadowPosted 2/6/2013 6:11:49 PM
Fanboy raaaaaaaaaaaage.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#64Cypher0120Posted 2/6/2013 6:27:28 PM
PrimeSupergirl posted...
If you want to get technical, Dante does not have Time stop in DMC4, DMC1 Requires a bangle of time which can only stop time on regular enemies. Unlocked only by Secret missions and can't use Devil Trigger while bangle is activated. Non Canon as well.

DMC3 Dante Quicksilver, Dante becomes faster, to the point everything looks slower. DMC2 He needs a amulet, never used storywise and it is useless after a few seconds.

God Kratos Stomps both.
Kratos is smarter, Physically stronger, better at magic and has faster than lightning reactions and Hermes Superspeed.You See? I can do this fanboy crap too.

Dante's overhyped as I said before, Kratos has too Instant kill attacks.

I'm disappointed with you. You may be an ally in Goku vs Superman debates, but it seems that won't be the case here.

1. Time manipulation is a tricky thing. In all 4 games, Dante has some degree of control over it. DMC3 at the very least shows he actually gained the ability after beating Geryon so its existence in future games chronologically makes some sense. In contrast, Kratos' timeslow abilities are only shown in one island, in certain rooms, and nowhere else. His time reversal, we barely even know anything about only works in slowing down an enemy but requires a beam to actually hit first before even activating. Either way, Dante's time manipulation is better than Kratos' own.

2. Kratos smarter? I doubt that. Other than being a general of Ancient Greece, what feats of intelligence has he actually shown? Creative ways to murder won't be much help here considering Dante can do the same. Dante's knowledge about how physics work in bouncing off various seeds against each other and against the trees to ricochet right back at the source is a better feat of accuracy than anything Kratos has shown.

3. Physically stronger, I'll give you that. But that's it.

4. Faster than lightning? Pray tell, what makes Zeus' lightning excempt from the rules of other forms of lightning in fiction? He never uses lightning as it is in a fight with Kratos. Even in the opening of God of War 3, Zeus' lightning first comes down from the heavens to Zeus' hand before he sends the blast at Gaia and Kratos. Whatever properties it had then would be changed. All the other times Zeus does anything involving lightning in combat, they're spheres of lightning that acts more like ball lightning than actual lightning or he rears back to put in an easily telegraphed attack.

5. Hermes superspeed? Based on what quantifiable evidence? The best quantifiable evidence is Hermes running across a rope in 6 seconds. Assuming a generous distance approximately the length of a football field, that's 40.9 mph in running speed. A far cry from what Dante and Vergil have shown in their opening cutscenes in DMC3 or the tower dive.

The only thing saving Kratos is that the majority of Dante's attacks may not pierce his skin barring a long-range attack from Yamato... or a bullet through his vulnerable areas like the eyes.
---
Master: Yuuka Kazami. Servant: Gilgamesh
OTP: Yuuka/Gilgamesh
#65The_Ivory_ManPosted 2/6/2013 6:30:46 PM
Old Dante solos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vtkm3SSK38
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#66Niyel7Posted 2/6/2013 6:40:06 PM
Cypher0120 posted...
3. Physically stronger, I'll give you that. But that's it.

Kratos has problems opening/lifting doors.
#67Cypher0120Posted 2/6/2013 6:42:45 PM
Niyel7 posted...

Kratos has problems opening/lifting doors.

Not outside of gameplay unless enchanted. Then again, there's also that door that required the murder of the Poseidon Princess that should have been easily opened by smashing it through.
---
Master: Yuuka Kazami. Servant: Gilgamesh
OTP: Yuuka/Gilgamesh
#68CKnightPosted 2/6/2013 7:13:13 PM
UtaNapishti posted...
In terms of speed, reflexes and agility, Kratos can't hold a candle to Dante. I really hope no one would argue against that. Kratos is above average in this department (ie. dodging arrows), but not by that much.

Endurance and healing, Dante far surpasses Kratos. Dante heals from everything extremely quickly, and can take enormous hits without showing any discomfort (Beowulf, Nero punching him continuously in the face with Devil Bringer). Kratos doesn't get injured storywise often, but when he does, it proves disastrous for him. Furthermore, in gameplay, Kratos can be killed by falling, and I think it's safe to say that is canonical. In the first mission of DMC2, Dante jumps from a huge skyscraper and lands with no evident harm.

Fighting skills, they're both master combatants at any weapon they pick up. I don't think one really takes it over the other here.

Strengthwise, it would seem Kratos takes this, however, Dante is certainly no slouch. He can shatter stone effortlessly, pry open the mouth of Echidna fairly easily, but his greatest strength feat is resisting the punch of the Savior. Even though it stopped before it could crush him, he still knocked it aside like it was nothing. Kratos' strength is incredibly inconsistent. At times he can pry open the fingers of the huge Cronos, whereas other times he noticeably struggles in overpowering an aged translator. While he still may be stronger, I definitely don't think it's going to be the determining factor.

All things considered, Dante would win. And if he used devil trigger, it would be a total joke.

A bit one sided. For speed Kratos chased down Hermes and cut his legs off.

Dante takes healing but Kratos takes toughness. Dante takes more stabbings in his game while Kratos takes more hits from non-bladed weapons.

Strength I'm not sure, Kratos is a Demigod and shows great strength when fighting Cronos, Hydra and other giant enemies. Also in that 30 minute gameplay of God of War Ascension he looks to take down an even bigger enemy than Cronos, Aegaeon the Hecatonchires.
#69SasukefirePosted 2/6/2013 7:25:29 PM
Bayonetta solos.
---
Wait, this quest involves jumping?
#70gamer6879403333Posted 2/6/2013 7:42:18 PM
Lots of misinformation in here, mostly in support of Kratos. For one, yes he always comes back out of Hades... But never without help. In every game, he needs help getting out. First game, Zeus had to dig a hole (grave) for him to climb through, in 2 he needed Gaia to heal his wounds and give him the strength to climb back out, in 3 he needed Athena to give him weapons after his were broken and drained from the river styx spirits. He would never have gotten back in any of those games without help. So either stop using that to support Kratos, or give Dante access to his own allies that help him (Trish, Lady, Nero) to make it fair.

Secondly, Kratos can not tank Zeus's lightning. The reason Kratos needs to do that "I lay down my arms, Zeus" trick to catch him off guard in their fight at the end of GOW2 is because Kratos can't take the lightning storm he's getting hit with by giant Zeus for very long. He needed a way to bring Zeus down to him, because the lightning was going to kill him for sure.

Kratos did not "chase down Hermes and cut his legs off". He barely kept up and would have stood no chance in a fight. He only won because Hermes got cocky stood up on a high statue far away thinking he was safe only for Kratos to find and fire a boulder at the statue (Kratos latched onto the boulder while he was at it), which completely destroyed it with Hermes still on it, which crippled him in the ensuing fall and huge debris partially crushing him. It was only then, when he already had both his legs broken from the statue falling, that Kratos could keep up with him enough to get the chance to cut his legs off.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.