Does this game provide anything innovative to the series?

#1mrX705Posted 2/2/2013 6:10:50 PM
All info ive seen people link to says otherwise, but I wanna hear what the people who have played it have to say about that.
---
PSN: mrX705
#2Green_PuffPosted 2/2/2013 6:14:03 PM(edited)
Platforming.
Swearing.
Vergil breaks his rules.
No Demon form.

So... it took a step back from the series, if you are asking me.

Edit*
---
You will not forget this devils power!
#3StepswordsmanPosted 2/2/2013 6:14:05 PM
Well, it has 2 weapons that were ripped off from Darksiders series, never seen in a DMC game before.

Not much else.
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#4syctheweilderPosted 2/2/2013 6:16:51 PM
Basically just platforming. Combat is diluted to it's bare elements, and the core gameplay isn't moved forward in any significant way.

It's not terrible, it's just nowhere near as good as it should be.
#5VaruneyPosted 2/2/2013 6:18:05 PM
Indeed it has! We now know that Vorgil has the bigger ****.
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#6wavaryen1Posted 2/2/2013 6:18:58 PM
Tons of things that blind haters don't see.

Combat is better. Yes better, In the old DMC it was easy to cheese one way to get Style up. It's much tougher to do that on the harder modes of the new one.

The story is better. Yes better, the old story had plot holes and it was just all around bad.

The chars seem more real. No more one cheese lines.

The new DMC is a victim of crappy gamers who want things their way and will never accept change.

They are the reason a new cod comes out every year. They are the reason why gamers of this day and age makes me sick. Sending death threats to Ninja, boycotting because of his look.

However, no matter how much hate you give Ninja. They are proud of the game and you can't bring them down for it. So ya...Ninja you rock.
#7syctheweilderPosted 2/2/2013 6:22:43 PM
User Name wavaryen1
User ID 6724956
Board User Level 14: Provisional (5)
New account with less than 3 karma. Can post 4 topics, 40 messages per day
Account Created Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:42 PM
Last Visit Saturday, February 2, 2013 7:15 PM
Karma 1
Active Messages Posted 27

Before anyone thinks of actually replying to that criminally incorrect post.
#8FleishhacherPosted 2/2/2013 6:24:37 PM
wavaryen1 posted...
Tons of things that blind haters don't see.

Combat is better. Yes better, In the old DMC it was easy to cheese one way to get Style up. It's much tougher to do that on the harder modes of the new one.

The story is better. Yes better, the old story had plot holes and it was just all around bad.

The chars seem more real. No more one cheese lines.

The new DMC is a victim of crappy gamers who want things their way and will never accept change.

They are the reason a new cod comes out every year. They are the reason why gamers of this day and age makes me sick. Sending death threats to Ninja, boycotting because of his look.

However, no matter how much hate you give Ninja. They are proud of the game and you can't bring them down for it. So ya...Ninja you rock.

I love team ninja and would never hate on them, where is this coming from?
#9syctheweilderPosted 2/2/2013 6:25:37 PM
*sigh*
#10DrunkBeardGuyPosted 2/2/2013 6:27:14 PM
Well, you can combo extremely easy now. Going from weapon to weapon is more fluid than the other games, but the overall gameplay is still easier and not as deep. Still fun, but it's basically an easy mode for people who want to pull off badass combos but couldn't in the older games.
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
http://i.imgur.com/C41sDRQ.gif