Why isn't the new God of War getting this much hate?

#1knightoffire55Posted 2/2/2013 6:36:18 PM
This at least feels fresh and original. Ascension looks like the same game as the last few God of Boredom games. And it's adding a crappy tacked on multiplayer.
---
Enough is enough I have had it with these motherf****ing vampires in this motherf****ing rain.
#2RichterB17Posted 2/2/2013 6:38:24 PM
Because those fans are getting the game they want.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#3A_Nonny_MoosePosted 2/2/2013 6:40:14 PM
Because it looks to be just as good/better than the rest of the franchise. Whereas this isn't.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#4knightoffire55(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 6:40:47 PM
RichterB17 posted...
Because those fans are getting the game they want.

Who asked for multiplayer in a freakin God of War game?
---
Enough is enough I have had it with these motherf****ing vampires in this motherf****ing rain.
#5GoreGrossPosted 2/2/2013 6:40:55 PM
This at least feels fresh and original. Ascension looks like the same game as the last few God of Boredom games. And it's adding a crappy tacked on multiplayer.

Ascension has been bashed thousands of times with that same sentiment. Don't act as if it doesn't constantly get that same tired criticism.

The reason why it hasn't received as much criticism as DmC is because it hasn't changed a successful formula.
---
Currently Playing: Far Cry 3, Darksiders 2, and Vanquish. Anticipating: MGR:R, Bioshock Infinite, Pokemon X and KHHD.
#6Shinra-ArmyPosted 2/2/2013 6:41:06 PM
Wellp, for once thing, Kratos hasn't put on a bald-cap and started going around saying "F**k you, I'm shakespearian!"
---
WRRYYYYers posted...
I am a former Spetsnaz operative and I have killed a taekwondo master before.
#7PaladinCecilPosted 2/2/2013 6:42:59 PM
Because the team behind Ascension knows that ripping out the soul of a series and forcing ideas for a brand new IP onto an existing IP where they don't belong, then going on to insult the fanbase, actually constitutes being disrespectful, narcissistic trash. Not being "fresh and original."

If you want to see a "fresh and original" reboot done right, play Mortal Kombat 9.

The story of this game may be good if it's taken on its own terms and not as part of the DMC franchise, but unfortunately for everyone involved in this game's creation, they killed any chance of it getting appreciated for its own merits when they forced it onto the DMC franchise.

It's the exact same thing that happened to Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Excellent film, I enjoyed it a lot and own it on DVD, but it had no business being called a Final Fantasy film.
---
"Without me along, who will heal you when you're hurt?" - Rosa Farrell, Final Fantasy IV
#8BreakerDoorManPosted 2/2/2013 6:43:30 PM
Because Kratos wasn't rebotted and his character was changed completely.
---
'Fraid so, broseph.
#9The_Zora_KingPosted 2/2/2013 6:44:01 PM
Because the fans are just getting more of what they want. They aren't simplifying the game, they aren't rebooting the Universe, they aren't giving it to a new developer. People want more God of War and that's what they're getting. For DmC, they changed it drastically.
---
Favorite Game of the Year thus far: Silent Hill: Downpour 8/10
A true throwback to classic survival horror
#10GodzFollowerPosted 2/2/2013 6:45:39 PM
GoreGross posted...

Ascension has been bashed thousands of times with that same sentiment. Don't act as if it doesn't constantly get that same tired criticism.

The reason why it hasn't received as much criticism as DmC is because it hasn't changed a successful formula.

I also think half of the hate comes from Tameem coming off as a total Dbag to people he needed support from. I mean I know devs can blow smoke up your ass(looking at you peter molyneux) but thats way better then telling fans to shutup sitdown and accept what hes giving them.
---
Gfaqs is the home of the echo posters