Why isn't the new God of War getting this much hate?

#71KyryloPosted 2/4/2013 7:41:08 AM
Dark_Epathy posted...
I disagree, DmC literally removed Dante's humanity.

Besides the point that, in this game, at least, the whole point is that he isn't literally human, and yet he still sides with them.

Ah, whatever. Why do I try to argue these points.

only because he got a boner:D
#72jayganautPosted 2/4/2013 7:43:56 AM
Dreamsaber posted...
SilentS89 posted...
You don't see a problem if, for example: they made Batman literally a bat instead of a human?

Being human is a pretty defining trait for me personally.

I would be entirely different if I was a dog instead.

I would be SilentS89 in name only.
Uhhhhhhh I'm asking what his human part meant for him. I never played any of the regular DMCs so I want to know what it gave him. If you're looking for a comparison, use Wonder Woman or Inuyasha (if you have to) because Lara Croft and Bruce Wayne are only human and it's making it difficult to follow you.

If you're going to continue your gaming in the other DMC...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc6yG-zHd54
#73MrStarkillerPosted 2/4/2013 11:22:00 AM
>why
Casuals and fair weather fans cover most of your question. Many vets abandoned it as it got worse (since GoWIII *side entries overlooked*).

>who asked
Nobody. Some casuals asked for co-op. That was it. They were more interested in the damn brother arc.

Richter: >those fans
Casuals didn't want MP either. It was one of the few things we agreed on. It is also, however, their nature to blindly follow devs. At least until post release. They're the sort that imagines you need to fully play the retail release to judge at all.

>seem like
You've not been visiting us enough, sailor.

Moose: But that's heresy, onii-chan.

Gross: >hasn't changed
Not as much of a betrayal as DmC, at any rate. Still, pretty off-putting.

>not play
*glove slap*
The damage is done.

Army: >hasn't
Maybe we'll get a joke costume to that effect one day.

Cecil: >ripping out the soul
What's to be made of the MP focus? The bastardization of SP to suit MP?

>Tomb Raider
Seemed like a good thing was had with that previous (digital only) title. The attempts to reclaim the mantle from Uncharted have been laughable. And this change to her character is unsightly. Luckily, I'm no fan.

Breaker: >wasn't rebooted
True.

>not changed
Untrue. He's been 'changing' in ways that contradict the original for a long while now. A re-envisioning to humanize (read: ruin) his character. To be more likable. Foolishness.

Zora: >aren't simplifying
They are. Climbing is the same as Enslaved now. No wall combat. Rage auto-activates and multiple times in a given fight even for the terrible players. Spell costs are uniform. Means to get orbs will be extremely exploitable through rage (which has a kill input for a single target). Rather than secondary weapons as subs, we get tertiary weapons (even simpler designs). Bad and unnecessary changes abound.

Follower: Too right. That would put Papy over.

USF: >epic
This defense makes you sound like a casual.

>same core gameplay
More true than with DmC, yes, but what would you know of this?

Darkslayer: >if done well
Mind your surroundings.

Drunk: >imagine
Tameem dreamed of it, did he not?

Smithy: It seems you're missing the joke.

Interjection: >hasn't changed anything
Haven't kept up, old boy?

>only thing done is add MP
Seems you need to briefing.

Ibuki: Ah, yes. The "pointless and immature" angle. Classic.

ant: Come now. You know better, old boy. Also, you forgot the comma.

Kyrylo: >brutality alone
You think that's all it takes?

>more violent
Casuals? I'm not convinced. They might even go along with it eventually (while those that don't, will disappear).

>loves fans
>fans
That's not how you spell "money".

>receive what they want
What's all this now?

Silent: Too right.

Who: >good game
Oh?

DMG: Have you come to learn the ropes with GoW?

>never came back
Reminds me of you.

Merga: And the other wayward student. How nice. You boys pick an entry yet? Or did you want your lessons to start with another title? NG, DMC, God Hand, etc. You recall all this, I'm sure.

Wava: >don't send death threats
That remains to be seen. Every base will have at least the one.

Ink: >God
>G
What's all this?

>a ass
"An" ass, rather.

Rising: >trash about fanbase
He might have done that. He certainly enjoys trash talk. His direction was no longer desired after the original.

Marvel: >its got
Ownership?

Virtue: Mind the insults to intellect, my boy.

>want the same thing
So they like something about a franchise and wish to keep playing that? Noted. How terrible.
#74SigmaHacielPosted 2/4/2013 11:26:02 AM
PaladinCecil posted...
Because the team behind Ascension knows that ripping out the soul of a series and forcing ideas for a brand new IP onto an existing IP where they don't belong, then going on to insult the fanbase, actually constitutes being disrespectful, narcissistic trash. Not being "fresh and original."

If you want to see a "fresh and original" reboot done right, play Mortal Kombat 9.

The story of this game may be good if it's taken on its own terms and not as part of the DMC franchise, but unfortunately for everyone involved in this game's creation, they killed any chance of it getting appreciated for its own merits when they forced it onto the DMC franchise.

It's the exact same thing that happened to Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Excellent film, I enjoyed it a lot and own it on DVD, but it had no business being called a Final Fantasy film.

This guy gets it.

GoW is still GoW. Even though it needed to stop at 3, it is STILL GoW. And people still like that. The fans like that.

And MP is just icing to them.
#75scorch109Posted 2/4/2013 11:32:01 AM
SilentS89 posted...
Dreamsaber posted...
SilentS89 posted...
You don't see a problem if, for example: they made Batman literally a bat instead of a human?

Being human is a pretty defining trait for me personally.

I would be entirely different if I was a dog instead.

I would be SilentS89 in name only.
Uhhhhhhh I'm asking what his human part meant for him. I never played any of the regular DMCs so I want to know what it gave him. If you're looking for a comparison, use Wonder Woman or Inuyasha (if you have to) because Lara Croft and Bruce Wayne are only human and it's making it difficult to follow you.

K,

The classic DMC raised questions like how Dante choose to embrace his human heritage over his demonic heritage, despite the logic that it would make him weaker.

Dante tells us that compassion is more important than power. The new DmC kills this theme dead by making Dante half angel instead of human.

Angels and Demons are equal, there is no conflict in which heritage Dante should follow.

Vergil (Dante's brother) was the other side of the coin, favoring his demonic heritage. The new Vergil is a thinly veiled commentary on class warfare.

Someone obviously hasn't actually played the full game. as hey guess what Dante in DmC states the same thing about compassion being more important than power.
---
"The Bible is probably the most genocidal book ever written." Noam Chomsky
#76DreamsaberPosted 2/4/2013 11:32:45 AM
jayganaut posted...
If you're going to continue your gaming in the other DMC...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc6yG-zHd54
Play the regular DMCs?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD_kKG_BSYw
---
You opened a debate, and I'll be damned if you're not going to finish it. ~smashbrother3
#77TheSpectrePosted 2/4/2013 11:43:49 AM
"God of War is old and boring, give us something new!"

"I dont like DmC, give us the old games!"

Just shush.
---
http://picard.ytmnd.com/
#78SephirothDZXPosted 2/4/2013 11:57:06 AM
knightoffire55 posted...
RichterB17 posted...
Because those fans are getting the game they want.

Who asked for multiplayer in a freakin God of War game?

But its a multiplayer game on top of a single player God of War game.

They're getting what they want, plus more.
#79MrStarkillerPosted 2/4/2013 12:32:37 PM
Haciel: >just icing
What?

Sephiroth: >getting what they want
>bastardized SP
>less quality and less quantity
What's all this now?