Okay so... I actually played the game. Didn't buy it but I borrowed it...

#1Dark GunnerPosted 2/2/2013 6:54:54 PM(edited)
I'm at mission like...... 17 now? And just.... I mean.... I gave it a chance guys I really did. It's not the worst thing ever but theres just a lot of flaws that I keep seeing pop up that I just can't get past.

1) I don't care about the story. I really don't. They just haven't drawn me in in the slightest. I at least wanted to see things wrap up in the other games (even 2) but this one is just..... theres so much bleh.

2) The gameplay is ok. Just ok though, not great, not broken (not entirely broken) Just ok. Lack of lock on IS a big deal though, and would have made it better, even with the weapons they put into this game, specifically that.... kablooy? Gun I just got. I had a moment where all I wanted to do was just shoot the god damn flying guys but nope auto lock on would have none of it. Also how the hell did I get an SSS rank on nephilim on a boss fight, when i DIED and used a gold orb? I still got SSS after dying. What is up with that.

EDIT: Also the platforming is pretty damn easy. I know this isn't a platformer but people seem to praise it and I've seen far better in a lot of other games. The whole......city breaking apart and you jumping off of the pieces is kinda cool but I'm pretty sure I've done that somewhere else too. I can't place my finger on where exactly though.

3) Music.... it's not just forgettable its annoying and obnoxious to me. This one is probably entirely subjective though, and I'm never one to say a song in itself is bad because we all get something out of different styles, this style just isn't for me.

Yeah so I did try it, a lot, I've been playing on Nephilim btw, for the hardest difficulty I could get and I haven't had too much trouble, chalk that up to my years and years of DMC and hack n slash games in general though if you want. This isn't me starting a flame war, just more of a mini review. I've played worse games but I've also played way better and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how this game is doing SO well critically. Say what you want about some reviews being paid off but not all of them could be..
---
PSN: FinalOcean
Currently Playing: Demon's Souls, BlazBlue Continuum Shift (Noel)
#2RayconPosted 2/2/2013 7:03:42 PM
What? Only Mission 17? Try completing the game on HaH without the super costume, Vergil's Downfall, and Bloody Palace before trying to give an opinion on the full game.

The blind haters on this board, I swear...
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#3Dark Gunner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 7:12:03 PM
Yes let me get right on all that extra DLC which will apparently make me like the otherwise full priced game that should sell itself on its own merits.
---
#4Seraphion_OmnisPosted 2/2/2013 7:12:38 PM
Raycon posted...
What? Only Mission 17? Try completing the game on HaH without the super costume, Vergil's Downfall, and Bloody Palace before trying to give an opinion on the full game.

Yeah man, don't you know that you have to continue playing a game you find to be mediocre through all the modes, as well as getting the DLC to be able to express your opinion!?

The blind fanboys on this board, I swear...
#5Lacrymosa143Posted 2/2/2013 7:12:55 PM
Raycon posted...

in an rpg thats understandable. but in an action game, you should have gotten it down by mission 17.
#6ZeroX91Posted 2/2/2013 7:13:39 PM
Inb4 "Likely story."
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#7KaptainK00lPosted 2/2/2013 7:16:07 PM(edited)
Actually, while trying to make the "pros" look worse to make you seem better by comparison. (You know who you are) TC shared a well written point of view, and I will not question it. Not every person will enjoy the same game. I'm just happy to see he's not freaking out trying to make the game sound like an unplayable mess of a game.
---
GT: iKaptain K00Li
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''
#8RayconPosted 2/2/2013 7:17:27 PM
Lacrymosa143 posted...
Raycon posted...

in an rpg thats understandable. but in an action game, you should have gotten it down by mission 17.

It was a play off some of the comments on here.

= /
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#9chaotix247Posted 2/2/2013 8:15:38 PM
I'm at mission like...... 17 now? And just.... I mean.... I gave it a chance guys I really did. It's not the worst thing ever but theres just a lot of flaws that I keep seeing pop up that I just can't get past.

That's exactly what crossed my mind and just all that needs to be said for these anti's and pro's.
---
I am so DAMN pissed at Capcom yet I shell out money like an idiot anyway.
Currently Playing - RE6, Black Ops 2, RE4, DMCHD, RECVX
#10Dark Gunner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 8:17:56 PM
Yeah like I said it's not really the worst thing I've ever played but a lot of what it has going for it just doesn't sit well either. Honestly, if it weren't for the DMC facepaint they gave it, the game would be pretty forgettable overall. Not outrageously bad but not overly good either.
---