Easiest Platinum?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Easiest Platinum?

User Info: noname3221

noname3221
4 years ago#1
Is it me or is this the easiest game to get a Platinum?

Day 2 and I'm only missing 2 trophies.

4700/5000 demons slain and 8/20 on Hell and Hell mode.

It's like a walk in the park compared to Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Platinum.

User Info: NostalgiaRules

NostalgiaRules
4 years ago#2
Already? This game's not even a month old yet and people are already platinum-ing it.
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.

User Info: DJ_0000

DJ_0000
4 years ago#3
I platinumed it last week, it's pretty easy but Dragon Age: Origins and Dark Souls are about as easy, Demon's Souls would be as well if it Pure Bladestone didn't have such a ridiculous drop rate. This game, like the others I mentioned, doesn't expect you to jump through hoops for the platinum, it simply expects you to play the game.

User Info: QCTeamkill

QCTeamkill
4 years ago#4
I've read somewhere that games with easy platinums sell better. If you look at DMC4's achievements, there's no way all 3 DMC HD collection and DmC can top them in difficulty for 1000/1000, I did NG2 1000/1000 but DMC4 is way up there at lolno/10 difficulty.

User Info: Melee_Ace

Melee_Ace
4 years ago#5
QCTeamkill posted...
I've read somewhere that games with easy platinums sell better. If you look at DMC4's achievements, there's no way all 3 DMC HD collection and DmC can top them in difficulty for 1000/1000, I did NG2 1000/1000 but DMC4 is way up there at lolno/10 difficulty.

I respectfully disagree. The only accomplishments that are actually difficult in my opinion are S-ranking DMD (and Son of Sparda maybe), finishing Hell and Hell, and finishing the Bloody Palace.

Believe me I'm not the best player out there. I get hit somewhat frequently and there's a lot of repetition in my moves (can't resist that DT'd Stinger). But S-ranking is a lot easier than it may seem, and I think even more so than in DMC3. In fact, even just finishing the Bloody Palace gives you an S-rank, which is somewhat easy with Nero since you can fall back on Buster and Charge Shot 3 if you have to. Hell and Hell doesn't exclude the super characters and you can use items (though in my current run I'm doing it without all that).

DMC4 gets a 7/10 for me in terms of difficulty. It's mostly a case of being time-consuming, what with collecting proud souls and buying all items. Now, as for easy platinums, I can think of Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy off the top of my head.
Not changing this signature till Final Fantasy X HD gets a release date.

User Info: megaultrarice34

megaultrarice34
4 years ago#6
NostalgiaRules posted...
Already? This game's not even a month old yet and people are already platinum-ing it.

People have platinum'ed the game since the third day of release.
PSN: OceanSupermarket

User Info: QCTeamkill

QCTeamkill
4 years ago#7
Melee_Ace posted...
QCTeamkill posted...

I respectfully disagree. The only accomplishments that are actually difficult in my opinion are S-ranking DMD (and Son of Sparda maybe), finishing Hell and Hell, and finishing the Bloody Palace.

Believe me I'm not the best player out there. I get hit somewhat frequently and there's a lot of repetition in my moves (can't resist that DT'd Stinger). But S-ranking is a lot easier than it may seem, and I think even more so than in DMC3. In fact, even just finishing the Bloody Palace gives you an S-rank, which is somewhat easy with Nero since you can fall back on Buster and Charge Shot 3 if you have to. Hell and Hell doesn't exclude the super characters and you can use items (though in my current run I'm doing it without all that).

DMC4 gets a 7/10 for me in terms of difficulty. It's mostly a case of being time-consuming, what with collecting proud souls and buying all items. Now, as for easy platinums, I can think of Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy off the top of my head.

I checked how far I got, all modes up to SoS all S rank is done. This was before I did NG2 so maybe I just wasn't prepared enough for it. I had to do NG2 on normal without using any weapons up to last checkpoint for the weapon mastery cheevos.

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
4 years ago#8
Melee_Ace posted...
QCTeamkill posted...

WHAT. You have to S-rank DMC4's DMD mode for a trophy?

**** that. I was lucky just to beat that mode once. My average rank was somewhere between a B and a C. I think I got an A rank on one mission.

I don't consider myself casual, but that's a step above what I'm able to offer.
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ

User Info: Dreamsaber

Dreamsaber
4 years ago#9
noname3221 posted...
Is it me or is this the easiest game to get a Platinum?

Day 2 and I'm only missing 2 trophies.

4700/5000 demons slain and 8/20 on Hell and Hell mode.

It's like a walk in the park compared to Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Platinum.

Comparing any game's difficult to Ninja Gaiden difficulty is like comparing grade school recess to the Olympics.
You opened a debate, and I'll be damned if you're not going to finish it. ~smashbrother3

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
4 years ago#10
Also, easiest platinum is very likely to go to The Walking Dead. You earn it automatically for finishing the game...
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Easiest Platinum?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived