To the people who played DmC, but were a little disappointed...

#21NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:04:56 PM
UbberDevil posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
._.

I......see. Hmm.....I know that this is a reboot, but it looks like NT only used Dante, Vergil, Sparda, Eva and Mundus' names and that's about it. And a few of the standard weapons.

And you know what's messed up? Vergil and Dante both know (since the beginning) that Sparda wasn't killed but is instead being held prisoner and tortured. And it never occurs to them to try to rescue him.

I think if they hadn't gotten into that little spat at the end of the game, they might have gone to rescue him. Which might explain why DmC Vergil wanted to rule for a little while. Probably to gather enough power and time to get stronger, and train Dante so they could go and rescue their father together. But, DmC dante had a took it the wrong way and....
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#22UbberDevilPosted 2/3/2013 7:09:25 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
UbberDevil posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
._.

I......see. Hmm.....I know that this is a reboot, but it looks like NT only used Dante, Vergil, Sparda, Eva and Mundus' names and that's about it. And a few of the standard weapons.

And you know what's messed up? Vergil and Dante both know (since the beginning) that Sparda wasn't killed but is instead being held prisoner and tortured. And it never occurs to them to try to rescue him.

I think if they hadn't gotten into that little spat at the end of the game, they might have gone to rescue him. Which might explain why DmC Vergil wanted to rule for a little while. Probably to gather enough power and time to get stronger, and train Dante so they could go and rescue their father together. But, DmC dante had a took it the wrong way and....

But they never talk about it. You don't even hear Dante saying "Hey, when should we rescued dad?" It seems to be a non-issue with them.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#23LordMePosted 2/3/2013 7:10:44 PM
No.

The initial package should be enough to have impressed me, it did not.
#24SilentS89Posted 2/3/2013 7:11:27 PM
UbberDevil posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
UbberDevil posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
._.

But they never talk about it. You don't even hear Dante saying "Hey, when should we rescued dad?" It seems to be a non-issue with them.

Is there reason to believe DmC Sparda wouldn't be as bad as Mundus? I mean they were blood brothers.

DMC Sparda is special because he rebelled but DmC Sparda just boinked an angel.
#25SonikkuJPosted 2/3/2013 9:19:01 PM
No.

My "little" disappointment came from lack of lock-on and the comparative lack of challenge to previous DMC games. Bloody Palace may fix the latter if it's done right, but only a patch, not DLC, can fix lock-on.

PC version of DmC has a keybinding in one of its config files for a manual lock on, but enabling it does nothing. So it was certainly a feature at one point, but was either removed because of executive decision or never fully implemented at all.
#26SHMYazooPosted 2/3/2013 9:22:57 PM
UbberDevil posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
UbberDevil posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
._.

If I recall correctly, Vergil apparently said he was banished somewhere impossible to reach. It could mean "really hard" or it definitely could mean impossible.

Maybe they would try anyway if they haven't fought in the end. Maybe they will try, but on separate ways. Either way, it seems this version of Sparda was a really bad demon as he was Mundus' blood brother and a liutenant of hell, which I doubt is something a "good" demon could achieve, but changed his ways after falling in love with Eva, Dante and Vergil's mother.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#27ShadowZero007Posted 2/3/2013 9:25:16 PM
^ My prediction.

That weird realm Dante found himself in with the giant long haired statue whose chains could only be broken by Arbiter (The weapon obtained from Sparda's portrait.)

It resembles the imprisoned Nephilim Phineas showed Dante.
By breaking those chains are we perhaps helping to free Sparda?
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#28Dark_EpathyPosted 2/3/2013 9:38:14 PM
I think it's unfair to suddenly criticize Dante and Vergil for not thinking about Sparda when they've been trying the whole game to both elude Mundus and then finally kill him. Let them have at least a little downtime before they start running off again.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#29SHMYazooPosted 2/3/2013 9:45:27 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
^ My prediction.

That weird realm Dante found himself in with the giant long haired statue whose chains could only be broken by Arbiter (The weapon obtained from Sparda's portrait.)

Hmm, nice point. Though I thought the statue was an allegory of Dante's demonic side being chained inside him, as those moments were in his mind, I believe (with all that repeating parts of previous dialogues about Dante). The chains could only be broken by a demonic weapon because it was all related to his demonic side being set free. The last one liberates the Devil Trigger, after all.

Who knows? Maybe you're right, maybe it'll have something to do with it. It was a really interesting statue.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#30ShadowZero007Posted 2/3/2013 9:46:23 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...
^ My prediction.

Hmm, nice point. Though I thought the statue was an allegory of Dante's demonic side being chained inside him, as those moments were in his mind, I believe (with all that repeating parts of previous dialogues about Dante). The chains could only be broken by a demonic weapon because it was all related to his demonic side being set free. The last one liberates the Devil Trigger, after all.

Who knows? Maybe you're right, maybe it'll have something to do with it. It was a really interesting statue.

Your theory is pretty sound too; I guess until the sequel we just won't know ;p
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...