Do you think DMC4 had a good story? (spoilers)

#1mgs4fan540Posted 2/3/2013 1:07:35 AM
Do you think DMC4 had a good story? - Results (321 votes)
Yes
23.68% (76 votes)
No
23.68% (76 votes)
The story wasn't bad but it's nothing special.
52.65% (169 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm asking this because well apparently alot of people think DmC has the best story in the series, and I disagree. I think DMC4 had a better story.

The only problem Dmc4's story had was the characters. Trish and Lady served no purpose in the game, you could of taken them out and the story wouldn't have changed that much at all. Credo had potential but he barely appeared and died too quickly, and Sanctus was pretty much a crappy villain. Atleast his boss fight was fun though.

Kyrie was okay.

Oh and what was the point of Gloria anyway? Why the hell did trish need to disguise herself anyway?
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#2Pesmerga255Posted 2/3/2013 1:08:42 AM
DMC4 had a couple of good ideas, but it was left unfinished because the game's release was rushed.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3SilentS89Posted 2/3/2013 1:10:38 AM
See, the big difference is that DMC4 never claimed the story would break myths.

DmC's creator told us the standards we should hold it to: "The best that theater and film have to offer".
#4Melee_AcePosted 2/3/2013 1:14:20 AM
It was fine, if predictable. I appreciate how they were trying to step it up from the previous games, but it was rushed. It's a real bummer that Nero was never explained well enough. Just how is he connected to Sparda?
---
Not changing this signature till Final Fantasy X HD gets a release date.
#5warrenmatsPosted 2/3/2013 1:15:35 AM
The only problem I had with the story was that they barely explained who the hell Nero was.
---
:D
#6shababbossPosted 2/3/2013 1:17:33 AM
would have been better to do a prequel with Sparda instead of trying to move forward with a new character that nobody gives a **** about.
#7LenneValkiryePosted 2/3/2013 1:17:34 AM
It was nothing special, but at the same time it wasn't overpretentious, nor flat out terrible like DmC's.
#8buakawppPosted 2/3/2013 2:30:51 AM
It was atrocious, especially nero's VA and the cheesy corny ass dialogue didn't help either.
#9GoldsicklePosted 2/3/2013 2:31:05 AM
Superficial story.

Poor introduction for some of the characters and a lot of things are only explained in some backstory or different media (like the novel).
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#10FireMage7777Posted 2/3/2013 2:35:32 AM
Goldsickle posted...
Superficial story.

Poor introduction for some of the characters and a lot of things are only explained in some backstory or different media (like the novel).

Not canon
---
Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 3.1212 quadrillion tons in base form, get it right ScrewAttack
The official Valbanisher