So if you're all such big fans of the original series, do you have a "mark"?

#1gamer6879403333Posted 2/3/2013 1:20:32 AM
I mean a hand or finger callus from gripping the controller too tightly when playing at your top ability. I have one that DMC3 gave me on my right middle finger. All the tensed up movements I make with the controller made my middle finger constantly rub the hard plastic of the hole in the back. I guess I played too intensely, always tensing up my hand and pressing my finger too hard against the controller caused it. My finger got a blister from it one day, and it later turned into a callus.

So, are any of you hardcore enough to have a physical mark as proof of you being a DMC fan?
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#2FireMage7777Posted 2/3/2013 1:23:51 AM
After playing fighting games for over a decade...nope
---
Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 3.1212 quadrillion tons in base form, get it right ScrewAttack
The official Valbanisher
#3Pesmerga255Posted 2/3/2013 1:24:00 AM
I've worn my way through a few PS2 controllers if that counts.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#4Melee_AcePosted 2/3/2013 1:29:04 AM
No, but my left thumb gets blisters from Street Fighter every so often. I should maybe look into a fight stick.
---
Not changing this signature till Final Fantasy X HD gets a release date.
#5Dominus_1Posted 2/3/2013 1:47:39 AM
carpal tunnel
#6Roger_BaconPosted 2/3/2013 1:53:52 AM
Been playing fighting games for almost 20 years , now the middle of my left thumb is like leather
---
To defeat me,you must defeat my dragon punch
Psn - Darth_Richy
#7MadigariPosted 2/3/2013 2:00:15 AM
gamer6879403333 posted...
So, are any of you hardcore enough to have a physical mark as proof of you being a DMC fan?

What happens if you just aren't prone to marks or injury in general? Does resilience make you less of a DMC fan?
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#8dillpickle69Posted 2/3/2013 2:08:10 AM
I never get marks from gripping my controller... A few times I remember getting awful boil-like blisters from those games the needed you to mash all 4 buttons, because instead of pressing them, I did the smart thing and rubbed my thumb vigorously across the pad so that the buttons get mashed quickly. Nowadays I still do that, but I'm smart enough to cover my thumb in my shirt so it glides instead of bumps...
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#9gamer6879403333(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 2:33:52 AM(edited)
Madigari posted...
gamer6879403333 posted...

What happens if you just aren't prone to marks or injury in general? Does resilience make you less of a DMC fan?

Considering you need a callus to have said resistance in the first place... Yes and no. Yes it makes you more of a DMC fan because you had to play long enough to get resilience, and the no is because if you haven't gotten some kind of callus, then you obviously haven't played enough. Calluses are what separate the casual gamers from the hardcore... In theory. I guess some people just don't callus up no matter how much their skin begs for it.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.