Style Points Cap and Suspicious Leaderboard scores...

#1rpmartin87Posted 2/3/2013 2:27:21 AM
Okay, so after some time playing the game and checking out Leaderboard entries for each mission, I've noticed there's a style point cap of 16,777,215. That exact same score appears a number of times for the number 1 top spot. A lot of them on missions that it would seem absolutely impossible to attain a style rank that high, especially if you take into account the completion time of that mission. How in the hell is someone going to achieve 16 million style points in 2:24 on Mission 15: The Trade on Human when there isn't more than 10 enemies total on the entire stage? I want to know how they're cheating. This looks ridiculous. Top scores on mission 15 on Devil Hunter:

#1 Total Score: 1,600,000,000 Style:16,777,215 Time: 2:25 SSS
#2 Total Score: 1,260,000,000 Style:16,777,215 Time: 3:11 SS
#3 Total Score: 14,716,864 Style: 229,951 SSS Time: 2:24 SSS

Answers?
#2Pesmerga255Posted 2/3/2013 2:30:57 AM
Leaderboards always end up getting broken. Look at the 360 version of Castlevania SotN for example.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3produnerPosted 2/3/2013 2:55:47 AM
I've heard that looking at the leader boards is like looking at someone's crotch, just don't do it.
#4ZeroSHEARERPosted 2/3/2013 3:04:39 AM
This makes me feel better, I've been trying to get high on some of the missions I enjoy. The highest I got was 33rd on The Last Dance on SOS and 63rd on Dante must Die. Some of these scores are just ridiculous! I mean look at Heaven or Hell people have like 19 million yet EVERYTHING dies in 1 hit.
---
You don't have enough hate............and you know something, you never will.
#5NobuhikoPosted 2/3/2013 12:09:04 PM
There will always be people that mess with the leaderboards but those players just want attention. I think the leaderboard is a good thing to see how you are doing but really the only mode that matters is Dante Must Die.

Just getting an SSS isn't good enough but trying to find ways to get the highest amount of style points in the fastest manner possible. Besides changing a few point values the one thing that I would change is that a D ranking gives a multiplier of 0. Just look at the Mission 6 score for DMD mode. The person got over 16 million style and it took nearly 2 hours. It takes no skill to do that. Perhaps in the future we may start seeing videos of legitimate score attacks on DMD mode or videos where someone doesn't leech their score for 2 hours.
#6AlexxShadenk777Posted 2/3/2013 12:23:12 PM
Leaderboards are worthless. Just enjoy playing the game.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#7NobuhikoPosted 2/3/2013 12:45:45 PM
I disagree with Leaderboards being worthless but then again not everyone is as good at the game or care for rankings so leaderboards are no big deal. For some players Dante Must DIe mode is extremely difficult. I paid full price for the game and I already have the platinum trophy and while I enjoy the game the leaderboards are a way to see where I stand amongst other good players.
#8SilentS89Posted 2/3/2013 12:49:15 PM
Game is flawed. Glitches exist that allow you to obtain the highest scores possible. I remember a topic where a guy told us how his game glitched and he could wail on Poison forever to obtain a score as high as his patience would allow.
#9NobuhikoPosted 2/3/2013 12:54:55 PM
SilentS89 posted...
Game is flawed. Glitches exist that allow you to obtain the highest scores possible. I remember a topic where a guy told us how his game glitched and he could wail on Poison forever to obtain a score as high as his patience would allow.

Which is why a D rank should give a multiplier of 0. I have experienced that glitch on Succubus and while you can get an infinite number of points it doesn't take any skill and you can gain style faster if the glitch didn't exist and still not die. Every game is flawed in some way so its best not to worry about its shortcomings and focus on the positives.
#10MadigariPosted 2/3/2013 12:56:49 PM
What?! You mean leaderboards can be manipulated via in game glitches and hacking?! This has to be the fevered dream of a madman. Won't someone please stop this nightmare?
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.