When did this pro and anti stuff start?

#11RichterdgfPosted 2/3/2013 6:34:03 AM
Yeah, I've heard all of the arguments, and I don't care. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I still like and enjoy the game.

Now tell me why you spend so much time on a board for something you hate.
---
-M-
Get equipped with Metal Blade
#12Garfield64Posted 2/3/2013 6:47:09 AM
Richterdgf posted...
Yeah, I've heard all of the arguments, and I don't care. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I still like and enjoy the game.

I know your not talking to me ^_^.

But I personally go to any board that is popular and being talked on a lot ^_^.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#13VaruneyPosted 2/3/2013 6:53:58 AM
Richterdgf posted...

MY reason is to prevent slanderous lies to be spouted by fanatics of this travesty of a game.
Fans try their best to promote this game(like certain people on this topic), haters do the opposite. There are two sides to most things. How in the world would you miss such a simple fact?
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#14StrelokPosted 2/3/2013 7:04:39 AM
Why I'm here?

Simple.
One of my favorite franchises is being killed by this thing.

And if you "don't care" about our arguments, don't use "our arguments" to make a (very bad) case you witless silly clown.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#15Sir_Phoenix88Posted 2/3/2013 7:17:44 AM
Shortly after DMC4, it was announced that DMC5 was in the works. Early rumors had concept footage of a teenage, miscreant dante with a drugged out look and black hair. He used a whip-like weapon primarily and didn't use a sword. Early rumors suggested that Vergil would not be present in this game.

This set the tone for people to hate the game. One of the basic premises of human psychology is that there is a subset of people that hate change. In regards to DmC, consider this group the antis.

As it came closer, more information came out, Ninja Theory, new Dante, reboot, Nephilim, the anti group used it to dislike the new DmC more and more. They currently use any reason to dislike the game, such as its difficulty, music, setting, character development, and voice acting.

Another consideration is Tameem, one of the developers of DmC. Unfortunately, he has a personality akin to some of our worse antis, so naturally, they feed off each other.

An anti's point of view is that the new DmC doesn't play like Devil May Cry should. They feel that it should be more like DMC3, or at least Dante's section of DMC4 if they spent more time on him.

A pro's point of view is that the new DmC is fun, and tells an interesting new story of Dante, Vergil, and Mundus.

Currently, I think at least half of the antis are just whiners. I've played, owned, and mastered every DMC ever made. There is enough change between sequels to abolish any arguments of inconsistency, and enough downsides and glitches to all prior incarnations to stuff any complaints about imperfection.

While I do say this, I will also admit there are a couple "antis" that were former supergamers of DMC3-4, and are primarily disappointed with difficulty. They would like the game if it was harder.

On that note, there are some people who like DmC more than they would because it is trashed so much by the anti crowd.

I think the antis would be far more productive if they addressed their complaints professionally to ninja theory, so that DmC2 (if made) is more to their liking.

Pros would be more productive to just ignore people who say they hate the game.
#16RichterdgfPosted 2/3/2013 7:22:05 AM
If you really were a fan of Devil May Cry, you'd give the new iteration a try instead of slamming it for no real reason. Then again, that kind of logical thinking is beyond your average GameFAQS user, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

You still haven't given me a satisfactory answer as to why you are here. Do you REALLY think you can change anything by coming to a message board and acting like this? See, when I don't like something, I don't go to the lion's den and start making an ass of myself. It wouldn't change anything. For example, you don't see me on the boards for sports games, FPS games, GTA, or any of that other Chad stuff. Why can't you do the users of this board the same courtesy?

If you don't like the game, that's fine. Many players and critics DO like the game. Hell, Zero Punctuation gave it a recommendation, and that's pretty unheard of. You aren't going to change the minds of anyone that has decided that they like the way this game plays, so why do continue to come here shouting your impotent rage instead of showing a little maturity and just agreeing to disagree and leave it at that?
---
-M-
#17scryrenPosted 2/3/2013 7:28:03 AM
Richterdgf posted...
....you'd give the new iteration a try instead of slamming it for no real reason.

Hell, Zero Punctuation gave it a recommendation

No real reason? Out of a five minute video of Yahtzee slamming DmC, you only noticed the split second where he recs it?
#18RichterdgfPosted 2/3/2013 7:30:50 AM
Slamming the game is kind of his gimmick. It's expected, he slams EVERYTHING.

What he DOESN'T do to everything is recommend it. Therefore, the recommendation is noteworthy.
---
-M-
#19scryrenPosted 2/3/2013 7:40:33 AM
I don't care if Yahtzee likes it. My point is that you're giving us grief over having no reason to dislike a game when you've watched a video (created by someone you obviously respect as a reviewer, otherwise Yahtzee's rec would be meaningless) that nails it to the floor for five minutes for the same reasons we do and yet our criticisms, and from your last post it sounds like even Yahtzee's criticisms, are baseless.