Unbiased review of DmC from a person who loves the genre rather than the series.

#11noname3221Posted 2/3/2013 1:46:27 PM
Lmao, the re-playability is solid my ass. I don't even see the need to replay the game after getting the platinum trophy. Fighting against the same patterns of enemies is redundant and the boss fights are so bad that I feel like fighting against the minions were more of a challenge. I bet it takes 10 or less Dreamrunners to curb stomp the **** out of Mundus. Seriously though, you'd expect the 2nd to last boss to be cooler and more of a challenge. Nope turned out to be a tin-can man version of the Succubus.
#12IshaguPosted 2/3/2013 2:35:52 PM
Takes about 35 hours or more to get platinum.

I think youve got your money's worth.
---
You're not a serious gamer if you never game on a PC!!
-~Ishagu~-
#13SilentS89Posted 2/3/2013 2:37:20 PM
Ishagu posted...

Meaty?

Anyway, somebody's sig on Gfaqs said that if you don't get an hour for every dollar you pay, you wasted money.
#14wonzan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 2:45:32 PM
Ishagu posted...

Meaty?

Anyway, somebody's sig on Gfaqs said that if you don't get an hour for every dollar you pay, you wasted money.

well, I would say 2 hours for every dollar personally. So I would agree with him. But this isn't the kind of game that most would really enjoy spending that amount of time with from my experience. I tried to get that across in my replayability section of the game. Although there is lots to do and collect, the game itself doesn't lend itself well to make you even think about trying to collect that stuff.
---
We are not the masks we wear. But, if we don them, do we not become them?
#15De-PandoPosted 2/3/2013 4:00:33 PM
Ishagu posted...

Compared to most games though? Civ 5, dark souls,Devil may cry hd collection, heck even call of duty! 35 hours isn't all that much. Aside from that, not everyone tries to get platinum, and the only way i could see someone putting that much time in this game is going for the platinum specifically.
---
I keep waiting for Aldous Huxley's ghost to show up and say " I told you So!"
#16wolf riderPosted 2/3/2013 4:28:32 PM
No offence TC, but i can never take a review seriously when the reviewer feels the need to give a mini introduction of himself in the beginning. I've seen people mention they were studying game design/animation/computer science as if that made their own bias more legitimate. Let the content of the review speak for you.
---
Capcom tries to appeal to the CoD gamer with RE6.
CoD gamer buys the new CoD instead.
#17pigboyPosted 2/3/2013 5:02:57 PM
wonzan posted...
http://uk.gamespot.com/users/wonzan/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-26004482

To note, I played this game with an open mind. I rarely buy a game I know I won't enjoy but this is a DMC game so I had to. Review was written pretty quick so excuse any errors.

TL;DR
DmC is a solid title that you can have fun playing but it does very little new and is not anything special.

Nice review. I may not agree with all your points but you did state your reasons and your preference so it is all fair and square.

DmC is an okay game to me I personally give it a 5/10 due to many technically and design problems you mentioned. Another big no no for many DMC fans is the lack of lock-on and taunt with the combat engine, which created many camera angle issue and greatly reduce the creativity for combo with each gamer's personal favor style. Not to mention the unstable frame rate and horrible character & story making it far from an solid game for me.
#18wonzan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:16:47 AM
wolf rider posted...
No offence TC, but i can never take a review seriously when the reviewer feels the need to give a mini introduction of himself in the beginning. I've seen people mention they were studying game design/animation/computer science as if that made their own bias more legitimate. Let the content of the review speak for you.

I think it's very important. A person who rarely plays action games will have a different view on the game compared to a Hardcore DMC fanatic. It helps contextualises the view being presented.
---
#19wonzan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:16:47 AM
wolf rider posted...

I think it's very important. A person who rarely plays action games will have a different view on the game compared to a Hardcore DMC fanatic. It helps contextualises the view being presented.
---