I honestly think bloody palace is a waste of time.

#1DantechanPosted 2/3/2013 12:14:27 PM
Its not really that fun either, replaying missions are better imo....and it takes too long to beat BP, it takes atleast 4 hours in dmc3 without any costumes, and 3 hours in dmc4 without super costumes
#2LordxSlothPosted 2/3/2013 12:16:06 PM
That's why it's optional and not required. Many of us like seeing if we have what it takes to defeat the BP. I did in 3 but in 4 the timer killed me in the end.
---
~Lord_Sloth The Inner Demon
#3SHMYazooPosted 2/3/2013 12:20:41 PM(edited)
Bloody Palace is fun when you just wanna go around killing enemies without messing with rotating the tower or dealing with idiotic puzzles in DMC3, or when you don't wanna deal with the backtracking and dice games and slowing time to pass lasers in DMC4.

I don't have a problem repeating levels once in a while though. The new DmC is specially OK to me, regarding repeating the levels, because it only has one puzzle and I actually think the platforming is ok and you're always moving forward, no backtrack at all.

Bloody Palace in DMC2 was as ridiculous as the game, though.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#4SlaveBladePosted 2/3/2013 12:21:33 PM
Honestly, I'd like a boss rush mode as well as BP mode. The reason I play DMC as a franchise is for those boss fights...
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#5Psychochild27Posted 2/3/2013 12:22:05 PM
Dantechan posted...
Its not really that fun either, replaying missions are better imo....and it takes too long to beat BP, it takes atleast 4 hours in dmc3 without any costumes, and 3 hours in dmc4 without super costumes

Normally I'd agree with you, but with all the horse **** platforming and the slow annoying scripted moments they have scattered throughout this game (Freaking Mission 12), a semi-random Bloody Palace is the only thing that could give this game any real legs.
#6SHMYazooPosted 2/3/2013 12:23:32 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
Honestly, I'd like a boss rush mode as well as BP mode. The reason I play DMC as a franchise is for those boss fights...

DmC doesn't have that many bosses to justify that, though.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#7SlaveBladePosted 2/3/2013 12:24:38 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

DmC doesn't have that many bosses to justify that, though.

I mean in general (I did say DMC not DmC).
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#8Skye_VeranPosted 2/3/2013 1:08:20 PM
Considering that the biggest selling point of the DMC franchise has been its combat, this seems like a strange opinion to have.

DMC4 had a pretty awful mission setup, to be honest. Lots of extraneous puzzle-working, several annoying fixed camera angles, and of course, the backtracking all made it kind of an average game. BUT, it also had the most precise, perfectly-crafted combat I've ever seen outside of a fighting game, so by the time I got through the missions, I just wanted to explore the depth of that combat without having to worry about the ****ing Gyro Blades. So I spent over 500 hours in the Bloody Palace. Mission accomplished.

And personally, after SSSing every mission in DmC and replaying 220+ missions to do it, I'm VERY ready for a simple gauntlet run of enemies without the cutscenes and traversal breaking up the action. I think those parts are cool... But oh god am I tired of them.

And why -wouldn't- you want to fight for hours on end in a DMC game? =D
#9SlaveBladePosted 2/3/2013 1:10:00 PM
Skye_Veran posted...
Considering that the biggest selling point of the DMC franchise has been its combat, this seems like a strange opinion to have.

DMC4 had a pretty awful mission setup, to be honest. Lots of extraneous puzzle-working, several annoying fixed camera angles, and of course, the backtracking all made it kind of an average game. BUT, it also had the most precise, perfectly-crafted combat I've ever seen outside of a fighting game, so by the time I got through the missions, I just wanted to explore the depth of that combat without having to worry about the ****ing Gyro Blades. So I spent over 500 hours in the Bloody Palace. Mission accomplished.

And personally, after SSSing every mission in DmC and replaying 220+ missions to do it, I'm VERY ready for a simple gauntlet run of enemies without the cutscenes and traversal breaking up the action. I think those parts are cool... But oh god am I tired of them.

And why -wouldn't- you want to fight for hours on end in a DMC game? =D

Because I like exploring bits in between? I like to immerse myself in a game, not just play a game because it's a game.
---
#10AlexxShadenk777Posted 2/3/2013 1:21:15 PM
Takes rather less than 2 hours in both 3 and 4.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013