DMC2: Who here actually liked it?

#31KyryloPosted 2/4/2013 2:17:12 AM
Dante's looks cool.
Some bosses are pretty cool looking too.
it was fun as very first DMC I played.
#32A_Nonny_MoosePosted 2/4/2013 4:14:47 AM
I don't remember disliking it when I played it all those years ago on release. But then I wasn't really capable of judging it properly. I had played DMC1 but only on easy mode.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#33Megiddo_FlarePosted 2/4/2013 4:19:31 AM
I am in...utter disbelief at the poll results.
---
WHY SO SERIOUS!? O_o LET'S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! >=] PSN: SHIN_MEGIDDO_X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQi0Mv7kK_E
#34ramzariotPosted 2/4/2013 4:21:01 AM
It's the only one I haven't played on the HD collection. I didn't really like it the first time around, but I am about to play it again. Can't see my opinion changing though.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#35_Uwye_Posted 2/4/2013 4:31:49 AM
Ishagu posted...
So more people like dmc2 then this latest DmC.

The haters on these forums have lost any and all credibility.

Liking something and thinking it's good/great aren't the same thing, just like knowing something isn't bad but hating everything about it. A common mistake.
#36anu8i5Posted 2/4/2013 4:41:19 AM
Yep, I loved DMC2.
The music, the gothic atmosphere, Dante's outfit, the wallrunning and gunslinging. Even liked Lucia.
I also liked Dante way more then in DMC4. I think it's better to be a silent badass, then an adult partyboy who's every dialogue line is a joke.

Sure the combat was nowhere near DMC1, but all the trickster stuff made up for it. It felt like this was indeed Dante at his peak (storywise). Though I do say that you have to play this game on hard setting. The normal setting is too easy.
#37RaengPosted 2/4/2013 5:46:45 AM
I found it to be quite enjoyable. Nice admosphere and the characterdesigns were really cool. Lucia played very nice, better then Dante imo. Trish was the best though as she was really fun to play with. Good unlocks too.

Combat was a bit meh and guns were way too good, but it was still a good game. Don't understand all the senseless hate.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#38BreakerDoorManPosted 2/4/2013 6:09:14 AM
Megiddo_Flare posted...
I am in...utter disbelief at the poll results.

This.
---
'Fraid so, broseph.
#39Teh_TiltyuPosted 2/4/2013 7:07:24 AM
eh it was decent
---
http://i.imgur.com/kGwpi.png
#40bobbysjobyPosted 2/4/2013 7:26:24 AM
Could ve been great if not so half assed. Bolverk was a great design and cld ve used some cutscenes. Monster in building getting beheaded and fighting the head was cool. And despair embodied was the most badass final boss ever. Once again needed cutscenes. Some enemies like the demongoats were great as well.

Music was great as well and dantes personality isn't bad its just the lack of cutscenes in general that leave the game feeling lifeless.

Beat dt ever even the combos change

The game also fails badly in gameplay. Fighting system is stiff. No new moves or weapons as game goes on things get boring fast. Enemies just stand there wtf.
Early in development they said all the weapons drom 1 wld return plus new ones like a lance idk wtf happened and can't believe they released such an unfinished product.