DMC2: Who here actually liked it?

#41bobbysjobyPosted 2/4/2013 7:34:31 AM
bobbysjoby posted...
Could ve been great if not so half assed. Bolverk was a great design and cld ve used some cutscenes. Monster in building getting beheaded and fighting the head was cool. And despair embodied was the most badass final boss ever. Once again needed cutscenes. Some enemies like the demongoats were great as well.

Music was great as well and dantes personality isn't bad its just the lack of cutscenes in general that leave the game feeling lifeless.

Beat dt ever even the combos change

The game also fails badly in gameplay. Fighting system is stiff. No new moves or weapons as game goes on things get boring fast. Enemies just stand there wtf.
Early in development they said all the weapons drom 1 wld return plus new ones like a lance idk wtf happened and can't believe they released such an unfinished product.
#42GrandLethal14Posted 2/4/2013 8:33:28 AM
Wait...a majority of people like this game, yet DmC is hated on by a seemingly majority of people? Sorry, but all of these haters seem like they don't know their heads from their rears >_>
---
Your gilded houses will give no shelter when the heavens fall. Your sacred tomes will give no answers when the masters call.
#43SasukefirePosted 2/4/2013 8:35:21 AM
This is wrong. This game is decent but DMC2 can't be better than this game. That game is bad. Is the hatred for this game that strong?
---
Looks like I'm getting closer.
#44AtrabiliousPosted 2/4/2013 8:40:03 AM
Atrabilious posted...
D.

DMC2 was possibly one of the worst hack 'n' slash games I've ever played. A tedious and boring snore-fest all the way through, forgettable plot, laughably bad characters with almost no development, horrific voice acting, and a completely non-existent difficulty even on DMD, and a combat system that sucked with hilariously over-powered guns. I honestly don't know how we managed to get DMC2 after getting DMC1. DMC2 is everything DmC gets criticised for, only it's about ten times worse.

1/10, and they only get the 1 because Dante's clothes were pretty cool and Lucia DT looked nifty.

It sucked hard at the time, it sucks hard now.

---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle/Phantom Ostrava | PS3: Jazzy_Bones |
Rent my Dragon's Dogma pawns on my Xbox GT's.
#45DuuuDe14Posted 2/4/2013 8:41:23 AM
The gameplay was horrid but DAT design. HNNNNNNNNNNG
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#46MrGrimm99Posted 2/4/2013 9:03:03 AM
It is the worst entry, but it did have some cool new things like other people said.

Dante's outfit was cool
Dante's DT was cool
Multidirectional shooting
Wall running
---
It's better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven. - Lucifer
#47JunDagekiPosted 2/4/2013 9:27:01 AM
Not the best DMC, but still a fun game i like.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#48dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:41:04 AM
The results surprise me too, but seriously some of you pros need to get over the fact that people don't like this game and stop calling bull when someone likes this. You can like a game knowing it's bad, the same way you can hate a game knowing it's not bad.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#49HellsControllerPosted 2/4/2013 10:43:05 AM
I didn't remember it being that bad as a kid. But for the first time in years I played it on the HD collection. It's really bad.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.