Every now and then, people post DMC4 > DmC

#11syctheweilderPosted 2/3/2013 4:24:59 PM
It's a bit bittersweet for me. It was my first game in the series, but after seeing how the devs had to recycle basically the whole game back to back, it makes me wonder what might have been had they been given time to finish the game.
#12sjwho2Posted 2/3/2013 6:35:07 PM
Unique enemies bosses, great mechanics.

Sorry, it just tops DmC in every area I care about. Story? LOL like 99% of videogames have no story worth bothering about anyway.
#13Thorn14Posted 2/3/2013 6:42:57 PM
Could you imagine if Capcom released an enhanced version of 4 with all the crap that was cut out?
#14SonikkuJPosted 2/3/2013 7:42:00 PM
Thorn14 posted...
Could you imagine if Capcom released an enhanced version of 4 with all the crap that was cut out?

Or an enhanced version where they actually had time to finish the game? That'd be awesome.

Still feel pretty strongly that DMC2 and DMC4 are pretty forgettable, whereas DMC1 and 3 are probably two of my most memorable games ever. I'd say DmC is still a worthy entry into the genre, even if its art style and gameplay system don't match the expectations of every previous DMC fan.

All of my games were stolen a while back, and I just replaced my copy of DMC4 last week for cheap after enjoying DmC. I still feel about the same way I did back when it first came out in 2008 as I do now. Capcom handled some of the very important aspects of DMC4 very well, like the combat system, but totally botched the level design. It's fun to fight, but not fun to do anything else at all. At least DmC provides on both fronts for me, even if the combat is lacking the challenge and depth of DMC3 and 4.
#15SHMYazooPosted 2/3/2013 7:44:36 PM
SonikkuJ posted...
Thorn14 posted...

Or an enhanced version where they actually had time to finish the game? That'd be awesome.

Still feel pretty strongly that DMC2 and DMC4 are pretty forgettable, whereas DMC1 and 3 are probably two of my most memorable games ever. I'd say DmC is still a worthy entry into the genre, even if its art style and gameplay system don't match the expectations of every previous DMC fan.

All of my games were stolen a while back, and I just replaced my copy of DMC4 last week for cheap after enjoying DmC. I still feel about the same way I did back when it first came out in 2008 as I do now. Capcom handled some of the very important aspects of DMC4 very well, like the combat system, but totally botched the level design. It's fun to fight, but not fun to do anything else at all. At least DmC provides on both fronts for me, even if the combat is lacking the challenge and depth of DMC3 and 4.

How did your games get stolen?

Also, I agree with you on every single level.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#16bobbysjobyPosted 2/3/2013 7:53:04 PM
Great gameplay doesn't mean its a great game. Had they made a full game it'd prolly be good but as it stands its basically half a game.
#17SHMYazooPosted 2/3/2013 7:57:17 PM
bobbysjoby posted...
Great gameplay doesn't mean its a great game. Had they made a full game it'd prolly be good but as it stands its basically half a game.

I can understand people that see it that way. Gameplay IS the unique thing about videogames so I think it's fine if people only care about it, though I care much more about a complete package and because of that I think DmC is the better game between the two of them.

To me, DmC excelled at Story, Graphics, Characterization, Level Design and Soundtrack.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#18SilentS89Posted 2/3/2013 7:57:27 PM
bobbysjoby posted...

I'd take half a game over DmC.
#19SonikkuJPosted 2/3/2013 8:49:00 PM(edited)
SilentS89 posted...
bobbysjoby posted...

I'd take half a game over DmC.

Careful what you're getting at there. Capcom is probably so ready to spring disc-locked content on us again, because it was essentially a way to sell a complete game but convince us it was incomplete unless we ponied up some more dough. At least DmC is a sufficient offering in terms of content. Don't muck up the games industry based on your aesthetic principles being offended alone.

SHMYazoo posted...
How did your games get stolen?

Burglary. House was broken into. I kept all of my games in a CD wallet for convenience, and they took the wallet.
#20ShadowZero007Posted 2/3/2013 8:49:55 PM
Id personally have to disagree.
:p
I had much more fun with DmC than DMC4.
Technicality be damned.
(And it's not as if I can't appreciate technicality in gaming; I do play BlazBlue and what not ;p)
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...