dmc4 bundles

#31omerta07(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 3:20:26 PM
Psychochild27 posted...
omerta07 posted...
i was just wondering ... does anyone know why the 'antis' conveniently not mention that a HUGE amount of dmc4 sales came from system bundles at that time ?? just wondering how you can even compare dmc sales (which are doing good) to a game that was bundled with new systems

Because that was a Japan exclusive bundle and while it may have had a positive effect on Japanese sales, it didn't do anything to influence for the US/EU regions (For which the EU release DMC4 still sold heaps more of)?

perfectly understood and acceptable but it still played a huge part in its overrall sales tho correct ?
#32omerta07(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 3:21:44 PM
360pages posted...
omerta07 posted...
360pages posted...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510733

maybe im looking wrong but arent these japan only sales?

Yes, we were talking about Japans numbers, but sales for the UK version also dropped a lot in its second week. We don't have any US numbers yet, they won't be out until later this week or next week.

We also don't have any exact UK numbers, only that it sold 1/3 of what DMC 4 did.

fair enough , no argument there
#33_Uwye_Posted 2/3/2013 3:30:22 PM
omerta07 posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
omerta07 posted...
i was just wondering ... does anyone know why the 'antis' conveniently not mention that a HUGE amount of dmc4 sales came from system bundles at that time ?? just wondering how you can even compare dmc sales (which are doing good) to a game that was bundled with new systems

Because that was a Japan exclusive bundle and while it may have had a positive effect on Japanese sales, it didn't do anything to influence for the US/EU regions (For which the EU release DMC4 still sold heaps more of)?

perfectly understood and acceptable but it still played a huge part in its overrall sales tho correct ?

Huge? DMC4 sold ~450k copies in Japan. Even assuming that 3/4 of those sales were due to the bundle AND we assume that they wouldn't have been sold otherwise (which of course is completely absurd) DMC4 would have still been the highest selling game in the franchise with 2.3 millions copies.

So, uh...no?
#34StrelokPosted 2/3/2013 3:54:20 PM
omerta07 posted...
ReliusClover posted...
Strelok posted...
Heavenly Sword came bundled with PS3's too. It still sold abysmal.

Good counterpoint.

NOT a good counterpoint . dmc4 4th entry of well respected franchise and coming off series high point dmc3 and 1st on new high powered systems , heavenly sword new and unproven ip

In this case DmC should not have bombed as badly as it did, coming out on the PC as well, with a "free" pre-order bonus and much more people talking about it... Capcom outright even said "most talked about DMC game ever".

Your move again.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#35Psychochild27Posted 2/3/2013 4:53:43 PM
omerta07 posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
omerta07 posted...

I can't say that. Can you? I haven't seen you link any proof that shows how many sales were as a result of the PS3 bundle in Japan.

Furthermore like Uywe said, the vast majority of sales were from the US/EU regions, both of which didn't have a bundle and thus wouldn't be a factor as it would still be the best selling game in the series with or without Japan's included sales.