DMC3 boss battles, Dante or Vergil?

#1dillpickle69Posted 2/3/2013 3:48:59 PM
Which bosses are you more comfortable fighting as which brother? I'm usually more comfortable as Dante, but some I find easier with Vergil.

Hell Vanguard: Doesn't really count as a boss but I'll do it anyway, for me it's easy with both of them so there's no difference, but I like using Vergil's Trick Up to dodge the slashes

Cerberus: Considering most of this fight for me is either fought using projectiles or aerial hits, I'll say Vergil's Summoned Swords and Aerial Slashes make this a lot easier

Gigapede: I find this infinitely easier with Dante, because all I do is stand at the hole entrance and use Helm Breakers to land on it, then keep attacking. Vergil can do this too, but Dante's Air Hike makes it easier if you fall off

Jester: Dante's Stinger makes this fight so much easier for me. Even though Vergil can use Stinger as well, Dante's reach feels longer to me

Agni & Rudra: Again, Air Hike makes this a lot easier for me so I'll go with Dante, but it's a close one because of Vergil's Summoned Swords and Trick Up

Leviathan Heart: In general this is easier for me with Vergil, because all I would do it use air slashes on the lungs so I don't have to deal with the Lusts, but if Dante had Swordmaster equipped it would be easier with him

Nevan: It doesn't really make a difference to me, but the on thing that is different would be the fact that Dante has Air Hike and he can hover when shooting, which makes it less of a pain avoiding the electric floor

Beuwulf: Last time I played through both scenarios, Vergil made this guy heaps easier than Dante, especially because it wasn't hard to air-slash him repeatedly in the eye, and Summoned Swords actually do considerable damage.

Geryon: This is a disaster for me as Vergil... Most of this fight for me is shooting at Geryon while he runs by and Air Hiking on his back or out of his way, but Vergil's Summoned Swords are too slow to hit him while he runs and he can't Air Hike...

Lady: Dante, hands down. My main strategy with her is non-stop Stingers and then immediately shooting E&I to deflect the bullets she automatically shoots at you when you knock her down. Vergil's Stinger has [seemingly] shorter reach and his Summoned Swords don't appear fast enough to block all her bullets.

Doppleganger: Again, Dante's Stinger has a longer reach for me, and what I mainly do is use that on the panels. Also, Vergil's attacks are slower, and most of the time I'm trying to turn the panel on with him, the damn shadow gets me before I can finish

Arkham: This is a toughy... On one hand, Dante can use Nevan and the Shotgun and/or Air Hike and shoot the legions, but then again, Vergil can use Spiral Swords as a kind of shield... I'll call this a tie

Vergil: Easier with Dante for me, again because of the Stingers.

Those are just my preferences, feel free to also note any normal enemies that are considerably easier with another character, but I doubt anyone is going to write as big of a text wall as me lol
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#2SupahSaiyan87Posted 2/3/2013 4:05:50 PM

Geryon: This is a disaster for me as Vergil... Most of this fight for me is shooting at Geryon while he runs by and Air Hiking on his back or out of his way, but Vergil's Summoned Swords are too slow to hit him while he runs and he can't Air Hike...

Actually, if you don't lock onto Geryon as Vergil and try to lead your swords to hit him by running to the side of him, you can damage him with about 80-100% of the swords once you get the right leading.

As for the bosses, a lot of them (Jester/Vergil/Nevan/) I can just goomba stomp jump cancel with Beowulf as either brother. I like using them both because each have their own satisfying movesets. There's nothing quite like blocking an entire boss combo with Royal Guard as Dante. Conversely, JCing with Yamato and Beowulf as Vergil is pretty fun too.
---
Yeah okay I will just STOP being bad. I am now good at this game. - nexigrams
League IGN - Flashnub78
#3SasukefirePosted 2/3/2013 4:08:15 PM
Vergil for Everything. He's just so broken. Well, Doppleganger is easier with Dante for me because I saw this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSxKXPiSVKw&t=7m14s

I didn't know Nevan could screw him over so badly.
---
I believe both my girlfriend and her friend are equally hot. There is nothing wrong with that!
#4dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 4:11:29 PM
SupahSaiyan87 posted...
Conversely, JCing with Yamato and Beowulf as Vergil is pretty fun too.

I just now realized I just finished an entire playthrough as Vergil and I forgot I could use Judgement Cut.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhmq21FWrp1qzhqvm.jpg
---
#5SasukefirePosted 2/3/2013 4:15:26 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
SupahSaiyan87 posted...

I just now realized I just finished an entire playthrough as Vergil and I forgot I could use Judgement Cut.

I think he meant Jump Cancelling for JC.
---
I believe both my girlfriend and her friend are equally hot. There is nothing wrong with that!
#6dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 4:26:58 PM
Sasukefire posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
SupahSaiyan87 posted...

I think he meant Jump Cancelling for JC.

I know, but JC reminded me of Judgement Cut first
---
#7Herbert0Posted 2/3/2013 4:58:16 PM
Geryon: Dante because even on DMD you can spam real impact once you down the horse once.
#8SBK91Posted 2/3/2013 5:32:44 PM
HVG-Vergil can stunlock it, but Dante deals more damage.

Cerberus-Dante. Quicksilver, corner whoring with guns, Air Slash+Aerial Cross/the Hammer, UT, RG, all crushes him. Vergil pretty well has to loop him.

Gigapede-Dante reflects the orbs more easily.

Jester-Dante staggers better, avoids his attacks more easily and deals more damage.

Agni & Rudra-Dante by far. RG is tops here.

Leviathan Heart-Dante's superior damage and Nevan's aerial antics takes this.

Nevan-Vergil is better due to how easily Judgement Cut strips her shield, but Dante can kill her faster.

Beowulf-Vergil requires less execution while Dante beats him down harder with RG and QS.

Geryon-Dante loops him more easily.

Lady-QS is the best way to handle stage 2, and E&I can force her counter IIRC.

Doppleganger-Dante deals more damage, otherwise identical.

Arkham-Dante has an easier for Phase 1, Vergil has an easier Phase 2.

Vergil-QS and RG are tops here, and KA makes the power difference between Killer Bee and Starfall irrelevant.

Vergil for Everything. He's just so broken.

I'd disagree. Dante is more versatile, has better crowd control, stronger individual attacks, ultimately higher DPS, and can specialize. Vergil's mostly Summoned Swords and Starfall.
#9LoshadtPosted 2/3/2013 5:41:29 PM
Vergil for Everything. He's just so broken..

Vergil is good, but he's not nearly as good as Dante. He requires much more caution as a lot of his attacks (including his basic 3-hit combo) leave him wide open. Being restricted to only one style and three weapons also cuts down on his versatility big time.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#10BrocknothPosted 2/3/2013 5:41:38 PM
Vergil for Everything. He's just so broken. Well, Doppleganger is easier with Dante for me because I saw this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSxKXPiSVKw&t=7m14s

I didn't know Nevan could screw him over so badly.

Holy crap I didn't know that you can hit those shadow orbs back at him O_o

Vergil is fun as hell to play as since he has a style all his own but I prefer Dante. I do a lot of air hiking and Vergil lacking that makes it a lot harder for me to play as him properly. That and I prefer Dante's guns over Vergil's summoned swords.
---
"Foolishness Donte, foolishness! No one can have this series. It's mine. It belongs to a true son of Sparda!"