The End (SPOILERS)

#1Shadow_jdctPosted 2/3/2013 5:38:36 PM
So if your long lost brother suddenly implied that he wanted to rule over all humans, wouldn't you at least talk it out before stabbing him in the chest?

I mean they just vanquished Mundus and went through all this trauma together. He's obviously not going to rule in an evil manner. They never indicated that Vergil was the type to kill and maim innocents and be a tyrant. So where's the justification for having this big fight and literally trying to kill each other?

I mean at least reason it out over a pint or something.

Also why did Vergil act as though it was only natural for them to 'rule'? He seemed to assume that it was a logical next step and Dante and Kat would totally agree with him.

He didn't do anything close to bad enough to warrant an actual death-battle. The Vergil here is way too different from the original. It seemed as though that last fight was only put in because fans had to be expecting it.
#2Jiyuu FalconPosted 2/3/2013 5:42:58 PM
Diplomacy isn't very gritty or visceral.

Serious answer: Your last paragraph sums up my thoughts. I agree.
#3wwinterj25Posted 2/3/2013 5:43:44 PM
Shadow_jdct posted...
So if your long lost brother suddenly implied that he wanted to rule over all humans, wouldn't you at least talk it out before stabbing him in the chest?

Nah because he's long lost for a reason, a woman is involved and I might get laid. >.>
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#4SilentS89Posted 2/3/2013 5:46:54 PM
Shadow_jdct posted...

Preemptive war is socially relevant.
#5BrocknothPosted 2/3/2013 5:48:49 PM(edited)
One simple thing. Vergil insulted Kat and by proxy humans and that's all it took to piss Donte off. WHY he gets pissed off is beyond me. A random and shallow attempt at character development is my guess. Because he sure as hell didn't care at the beginning of the game.

That and it seemed like an obvious allusion to the battle the brothers fought at the end of DMC3 the difference here being it was forced and didn't feel like it fit. I personally think the last boss fight was hastily added on at some point. Sure seems that way to me.
---
"Foolishness Donte, foolishness! No one can have this series. It's mine. It belongs to a true son of Sparda!"
#6pigboyPosted 2/3/2013 5:48:58 PM
Jiyuu Falcon posted...
Diplomacy isn't very gritty or visceral.

Serious answer: Your last paragraph sums up my thoughts. I agree.

this. the battle was so forced.
#7Shadow_jdct(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 5:55:13 PM
I replayed DMC3 in the days before I rented the new one, just to brush up.

People often describe DMC3 Vergil as only addicted to power, but I noticed one thing he said after the first fight.

"Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything."

They totally should have gone with that angle instead. Exploring the idea that losing his mother and father made Vergil obsessed with becoming stronger. Strong enough to protect those he loves, at any cost.
#8VaruneyPosted 2/3/2013 6:06:12 PM
ER MAH GAWD

TC, do not mock Tameem's shakespeareian writing! It is indeed logical for Vergil to rule humans because he is a GOD! Such wonderful character development can never be understood by your slanderous reading comprehension!!!

*fanboy rages*
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#9chaotix247Posted 2/3/2013 6:08:41 PM
He didn't do anything close to bad enough to warrant an actual death-battle. The Vergil here is way too different from the original. It seemed as though that last fight was only put in because fans had to be expecting it.

Vergil's Downfall has to be monumentally good to justify the random "Hey buddy did you know I wanted to rule over these people this whole time? Lolz"
---
Capcom needs to go out of business to learn what they have done.
Currently Playing - Black Ops 2, DMCHD, MW2, NHL13, Far Cry 3
#10BrocknothPosted 2/3/2013 6:09:30 PM
I replayed DMC3 in the days before I rented the new one, just to brush up.

People often describe DMC3 Vergil as only addicted to power, but I noticed one thing he said after the first fight.

"Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything."

They totally should have gone with that angle instead. Exploring the idea that losing his mother and father made Vergil obsessed with becoming stronger. Strong enough to protect those he loves, at any cost.

People always try to paint original Vergil as evil but he really isn't. He's what you call a "well intentioned extremist" willing and able to make a few sacrifices here and there for what he wants. Vergil in this game doesn't seem to care and thinks that since he and Donte are Nephilim that it somehow makes them higher than the humans and that it gives them the right to "rule" over them.
---
"Foolishness Donte, foolishness! No one can have this series. It's mine. It belongs to a true son of Sparda!"