Thinking about getting this game..

#1TkShotPosted 2/3/2013 8:21:57 PM
I'm new to the whole DmC series. The only experiences I really can even consider is that I played Bayonetta and I was "fairly ok' at the game, so I was wondering what do you honestly think of this game and is it worth getting?

Thanks. :)
---
" Serah, Lumina, and Vanille playing "Triple Triad" together. " - Romangelo
#2chaotix247Posted 2/3/2013 8:22:51 PM
If you can get it for 40$ or less somehow.
---
Capcom needs to go out of business to learn what they have done.
Currently Playing - Black Ops 2, DMCHD, MW2, NHL13, Far Cry 3
#3wwinterj25Posted 2/3/2013 8:34:18 PM(edited)
Been as you've never played a devil may cry game before I'd recommend the HD collection that gives you more for your money than this ever would.

If however you don't like "old" games and must have the latest one than I'd buy this in a sale/price drop. It has no connection with the other games as it's a reboot and is easy and shallow when compared to them. However it is somewhat fun but not worth full price.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#4A7thStevePosted 2/3/2013 8:34:21 PM
My friend says it's his second favorite action game next to Bayonetta and we are HUGE fans of action games (DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Dynasty Warriors, Tenchu, Shinobi, etc.). I just bought it today after having played through it at his house and I still enjoy it.

Overall this game is super easy (like Okami easy), but short and really fun. There isn't a single stage or battle where you're like, "Ughh, not THIS level again....", which is more than I can say for most action games.
#5NostalgiaRulesPosted 2/3/2013 8:35:33 PM
Might want to rent it first.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#6SHMYazooPosted 2/3/2013 8:36:44 PM
A7thSteve posted...
My friend says it's his second favorite action game next to Bayonetta and we are HUGE fans of action games (DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Dynasty Warriors, Tenchu, Shinobi, etc.). I just bought it today after having played through it at his house and I still enjoy it.

Overall this game is super easy (like Okami easy), but short and really fun. There isn't a single stage or battle where you're like, "Ughh, not THIS level again....", which is more than I can say for most action games.

This. All action games have THAT level you never want to replay. I never had it with this game, I think I liked them all.

That labyrinth in Ninja Gaiden...
Those underwater missions in DMC1...
Dice games in DMC4...
Desert level in God of War 1...
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#7SilentS89Posted 2/3/2013 8:36:55 PM
Download the demo.
#8HellsControllerPosted 2/3/2013 8:37:06 PM
A7thSteve posted...

Indeed. You'll be saying "Ughh, not THIS level again..." for every stage and battle.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#9Psychochild27Posted 2/3/2013 8:45:09 PM(edited)

Missions 16-18 were pretty much my "Uggggggggggh" moment. Especially when they started leaning very heavily on Dreamrunners and Witches mixed with normal packs constantly. I don't know why, but that entire stretch reminded me an awful lot of the Ouroboros building in the end-game of DMC2 Dante's Disk.

Been as you've never played a devil may cry game before I'd recommend the HD collection that gives you more for your money than this ever would.

Very much this as well. You can get the HD Collection for under 20 bucks from Amazon and it's worth it largely for DMC3, but also to see where a lot of the ideas from Bayonetta (And a ****load of cameos/allusions/enemy designs) originated as key members of Bayonetta had their hands in DMC1.

/well, DMC3 also had a massive influence as well in Bayonetta's design where its combat was involved, but still.
#10ShadowZero007Posted 2/3/2013 8:41:09 PM
I had a lot of fun with it myself, and as that as a basis :) I would recommend it.
Conversely I'd advise you try the demo first for yourself.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...