is there an RPG with a similar battle system?

#1Xtreme65Posted 2/3/2013 8:20:50 PM
Been wanting to get my grind on but most RPGs are a bit to slow paced for me. Dragons Dogma was good but I played that game to death and want something new. Is there another RPG with a DMC or GoW like battle system?
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#2ShadowZero007Posted 2/3/2013 8:21:18 PM
Kingdoms of Amalur?

I really don't know >_>
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#3KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/3/2013 8:21:44 PM
An RPG with a HnS battle system?

I'm not sure...
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#4djepic112Posted 2/3/2013 8:22:33 PM
Dragon Age 2 is rather similar in that it's an action-RPG.
#5simonsteelePosted 2/3/2013 8:22:53 PM
Ya, Dragon Age 2 is equally hacky and slashy.
---
Check out my new zombie novel, "Archetype" www.simonleezombie.com
#6SiLVeR_420Posted 2/3/2013 8:23:59 PM
Fable?
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#7A7thStevePosted 2/3/2013 8:28:21 PM
Don't know exactly what you consider to be an RPG, but Lord of Apocalypse for PSP is similar - easy fights, dodge/roll gameplay, mix of small enemies and big bosses, many different weapons, etc. On the RPG side there's lots of level grinding/mat hunting, weapon+armor upgrades... pretty fun. The only downside is that it's Japan-only. The first game (Lord of Arcana), which was released outside of Japan, is garbage by comparison.
#8SHMYazooPosted 2/3/2013 8:30:56 PM
There are some but they don't have depth of combat any of the pure hack n' slash games have.

You could try:

- Kingdoms of Amalur

Extremely easy game, even on the hardest difficulty, but has a nice world and a nice atmosphere, you'll get your money's worth, it's a long game with lots of sidequests and different gear. Fun, fast paced combat for a RPG.

- Darksiders II

While the original had a more Zelda + God of War feel to it, the sequel feels more like a Zelda + DMC + Diablo II thing to it. Main character levels up, gets gear (which changes his appearance) but the combat is fast paced so it'll probably be the perfect game for you right now. The world can be bland at times though.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#9GrrManPosted 2/3/2013 8:38:59 PM
Dragon Age 2 is terrible

Try Tales of Symphonia/Vesperia/Xillia or whatever for some combo madness
---
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Khalil Gibran
#10REmasterPosted 2/3/2013 9:04:12 PM
Only one that comes to mind is Kingdom Hearts 2.
---
My youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/UltimateX34